• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Running/Jogging routes in Disneyland

soozaay

2 excited 2 sleep
I’m staying at the Grand Californian at the end of the month and would like to fit in some early morning short runs while there. Does anyone know of a safe, easy route in/around Disneyland for someone who gets lost easily? Thanks!

The GCH concierge desk may have a map with a recommended route for guests. Have you tried emailing or phoning the hotel to ask? If the hotel can send you something, you could come back here to see if other people like that route or if they can give you a better suggestion.

Running in general is not allowed inside of the parks, but the hotel may have a route for you to take on their grounds. I would ask at the concierge desk.

How far are you wanting to go? My daughter uses a couple routes. One is head out of the Grand to the right. Run up Disneyland Dr, right on Ball, right on Harbor (there is a hill here due to the overpass), right on Katella, right on Disneyland Drive back tot he hotel. This is about 3 miles. If you go left out of the Grand, past Katella to the Transit Plaza, take it out by the hilton to Harbor, and cirle the route backwards, it adds about another .75 to the route.

I was just there and did a couple runs. We stayed off site so not exactly the same starting location, but I liked making a big loop around the park which is basically what was suggested above. We stayed off of Walnut, so I ran down Walnut to Katella to Harbor to Ball and back to Walnut. It was about 3.5 miles. I didn't go as early as usual so there was a bit of a crowd on the sidewalks at the entrance to the park, but if you go early enough that won't be an issue! They're busy roads but there are sidewalks all the way around, even over the expressways. I felt a little safer being in a busier area since I was unfamiliar with it. I also ran through some of the neighborhoods around Laster and Katella, but I had to keep an eye on the map a little more there.

We were just there last week, we stayed on Harbor. I saw several joggers on Harbor each morning.

I would agree that the square block around the resort is easy and safe, I would run it alone. You can either go left out of GC, left on Katella, left of Harbour, Left on Ball, Left on Disneyland Dr, or reverse that. I would not personally venture out into the neighborhoods around the resort alone, and I would avoid crossing major streets in the early AM, rush hour times as people drive like maniacs around there.

They will not allow you to run in Dowtown Disney, within the hotel property areas, or in the parks or parking lots. I have done RunDisney runs before though and it is SO so fun to run through both parks and backstage!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter