Running early AM in DTD?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
We're staying at GCH and I would like to take a short run 25-30 minutes every day we're there. A few laps around DTD, perhaps? That might be a little too ambitious but we'll see

I'm thinking early AM, 6:00. DTD isn't typically busy at this time is it? Parks don't open until 8 and I couldn't see a bunch of breakfast traffic.

Thoughts?

Check with the concierge when you arrive...they have maps with route ideas depending on distance you wanna run.

There is a morning "power" walk in the parks for GCH guests also, I think it starts around 6. I know it's not running, but may be something to do one morning!

Years ago we stayed at the Howard Johnson and I would run down Harbor turn onto Katella then onto Disneyland drive then through Dowtown Disney. This was before the gates were up and closed. it was a perfect little loop.

Depending on how far you want to run, my daughter typically runs from GCH down Disneyland Dr to Convention Center Way, to Harbor, back to Katella to Disneyland Way back to the hotel for a short run (2.5 miles). Longer run might me the opposite direction, Disneyland Dr to Ball to Harbor to Katella (3 miles.) There are usually several runners running these paths.

While the parks may not open til 8, early morning hours are at 7am, so there will be people heading there by 630.

Just back - here is what my daughter and I did from GCH - head like you are heading to DL and cross the plaza to the other side. Left on Harbor then right on keft on Ball and left on Disneyland Drive.
There is path on Disneyland back up to Downtown Disney. Back through the plaza to Ball. Right on Ball to Katella. Right on Katella and Right on Disneyland back to the strert side entrance of GCH.

Figure 8 run at clocked on at 3.6 miles or so. Left at like 5:45 and it was a nice run. except crossing I5 it was flat as a pancake.

Used MapMyRun to figure this one out and it was really a fun short run

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter