RunDisney from Fort Wilderness

ErinC

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Fort for Wine and Dine in November. I’m assuming there are other runners that stay there during races. Can you provide me with info about your experiences with race transportation to and from Fort Wilderness. We are DVC members, so we are usually at a resort for the races. We usually do not rely on Disney transportation for the expo, so I’m not really concerned about that. We always drive to the expo, but always use the race transportation to the races. I would love to hear about others experiences in advance. Thanks!

@ErinC i got this one for you. I have not done Wine and Dine weekend but i am a regular at Marathon Weekend in Jan. I have not had issues with race transportation but the one thing i do do is drive to the front of the campground to get the bus to the start. You can take the internal bus but it just adds time in the morning and when you are finished with your race and get off the bus at the front of the campground i am THRILLED to have my car to get in to get back to the RV (or cabin). For the shorter races 10k and depending on the course driving to the race is not bad but you have a long way to walk once at epcot, so i find the bus to be better.

@ErinC i got this one for you. I have not done Wine and Dine weekend but i am a regular at Marathon Weekend in Jan. I have not had issues with race transportation but the one thing i do do is drive to the front of the campground to get the bus to the start. You can take the internal bus but it just adds time in the morning and when you are finished with your race and get off the bus at the front of the campground i am THRILLED to have my car to get in to get back to the RV (or cabin). For the shorter races 10k and depending on the course driving to the race is not bad but you have a long way to walk once at epcot, so i find the bus to be better.
Thank you! We may be renting a golf cart, so I would definitely have it parked up by the bus. We stayed at SSR for Springtime Surprise this weekend. I contemplated driving to the night race, but after seeing all the traffic, I’m glad we didn’t. After the 10k and 10 miler, we were steps away from the bus, and I was super happy about that!

Kris, What is this I. What happened to Bert whom I have personally witnessed you call " CUDDLE MONKEY " on numerous occasions. Is he just chopped liver.

If you have a golf cart, have someone take you to the Run Disney bus and pick you up after the race.

Can we not leave the golf cart up by the busing area? Where do the Run Disney buses pick up?
Yes you can leave your golf cart up front. As I said drive a car or golf cart to the front after you are off the run Disney bus the internal ones are a drag after you run. You can do it but my experience is having a vehicle up front is better.

adding run disney bus picks up in front of check in building

Yes you can leave your golf cart up front. As I said drive a car or golf cart to the front after you are off the run Disney bus the internal ones are a drag after you run. You can do it but my experience is having a vehicle up front is better.

adding run disney bus picks up in front of check in building
Thanks! The above comment about having someone in a golf cart drop me off was what kind of threw me off. DH will be running with me, so there won't be anyone to drop us off. Just wanted to make sure we were okay with parking the golf cart. If we don't have the cart, we will definitely park the car up front.

One last thing I thought of, is there a hot tub at the Fort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter