Run at Disneyland Hong Kong

It strikes me as odd that it doesn't seem to have a runDisney connection at all. It does require park admission (included in the package price) which is different from how other parks have done it. Even Paris which had the number of registration slots divided between package and non-package entries still had run-only I believe. It's a shame it's not runDisney affiliated. They could have made a 'Small World' package that had you race at all the parks with races.

It strikes me as odd that it doesn't seem to have a runDisney connection at all. It does require park admission (included in the package price) which is different from how other parks have done it. Even Paris which had the number of registration slots divided between package and non-package entries still had run-only I believe. It's a shame it's not runDisney affiliated. They could have made a 'Small World' package that had you race at all the parks with races.
Might have something to do with Chinese government. Disney isn't the majority owner of Disneyland Hong Kong.

Maybe halfs and fulls aren't big there?

Could be a space issue. I am completely unfamiliar with the park and surrounding area, but I would guess it's not very easy to shut down infrastructure to enable a 13.1 or 26.2 mile course.

Could be a space issue. I am completely unfamiliar with the park and surrounding area, but I would guess it's not very easy to shut down infrastructure to enable a 13.1 or 26.2 mile course.
That is true. It's a small park and they only have one park with two resorts(a third one is coming soon).

OMG I've been waiting for this for so long! They could have held off for an extra year though :rotfl: There is no way DH would let me do another Disney trip after my expedition to Shanghai (and I wouldn't be able to get any time off work either so would literally be a weekend trip). It would be an amazing birthday present though (my birthday is on the 14th)!

And I'm guessing that the 10k thing is due to lack of space. TBH I'm not sure how they're going to manage putting 10k together lol!

How awesome would it be to do the 10k at HKDL, make your way over to DLR and do Dumbo there, then finish off with the half in Paris (for a very fit person lol!)???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter