Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I'm very late on this, but while I was at WDW (4/16-4-24) I did see one Rumors of Light pin!!

It was Thursday the 21st in the morning, and I saw a woman with a RoL pin on her backpack as I jumped on a bus at the Beach Club to head to Animal Kingdom. If I hadn't been jumping on the waiting bus I would have loved to chat and say "Hi! Nice pin! I coined that phrase!" but it just wasn't meant to be.

Despite no Rumors or Rivers of Light our trip and wedding was wonderful, and since it's unlikely we'll be back until September or sometime next year, I'm hopeful the show will actually be running by then...we'll see!

Was it on a pink backpack? That was probably ME! We were staying at Beach Club, and I was on and off buses during the day on 4/21. I would have loved to say hi!

Has the animal Kingdom special dining place holder disappeared? Can't see it at all but it has been a couple of weeks since I checked.
Really slipping and will be so annoyed if after stalking for so long I do miss it!

I don't see it anymore. The count has dropped from 27 to 26 for AK. Nomad Lounge does say opening Memorial Day weekend though. Tiffins does mention Memorial Day if you go into the link however it does not appear to be bookable yet.

I don't see it anymore. The count has dropped from 27 to 26 for AK. Nomad Lounge does say opening Memorial Day weekend though. Tiffins does mention Memorial Day if you go into the link however it does not appear to be bookable yet.
I though I read 5/20 for bookings to begin?

I read somewhere too that things would be bookable May 20. I remember reading this cause I had a moment of rainbows flying out of my mouth...I leave that day and will be on an airplane with no wifi to make reservations after waiting months for disney to slowly screw up my adrs and event reservations. Smh...first world problems!:earboy2:

The blog just says more info on reservations will be available on May 20. So not sure they will open up that day or not.

I think we are supposed to get more info on Jungle Book and the other AK night time events May 20th as well.

Rivers of Light is the vague mid-late May.

This was just posted by @yulilin3 on @OhioStateBuckeye's Animal Kingdom update board:

I seriously don't know where to post this...doing my daily HUB checks I saw that Flame Tree will offer the dinning package associated with The Jungle Book :Alive with Magic, it's showing for 1st 2nd and 3rd show viewing so it looks like the show will be performed 3 times a night. Here's the info. No word on when this will open for booking

Prices: Adult: $23.42, Child: $12.77 $$ ($15 to $34.99 per adult)

The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic Dining Package provides Guests with a choice of dining experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and reserved seating to the new nighttime show The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic. After enjoying a mouthwatering meal, experience the beauty of the nighttime show that celebrates the relationship between animals and nature through live performers, grand theatrical imagery, a soaring musical score and innovative special effects.

Package includes choice of one (1) entrée with three sides, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage, reserved seating for The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic show.

Guests will book a dining time, but this is a QSR (Quick Service) experience - there is no table service provided.

Guests should arrive at their reserved time and they will select their meal and pay at the location.

Reservations available starting at 2:30pm until 1 hour 15 minutes prior to the show time. Guests will receive their show credential at the location

Here's the info from Tusker House, it looks like only Dinner will have the Jungle Book show attached to it, same for 1st, 2nd and 3rd show

Prices:
Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63 $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)

Payment Methods Accepted: Travelers Checks, Key to the World, Cash, Visa, Disney Dollars, American Express, Disney Rewards Card, Master Card, Diners Club Card, Gift Card, Disney's Visa Credit Card, Discover, JCB, Disney Gift Card, KTTW Package Entitlements, Dreams Reward Card

The Jungle Book Dining Package provides Guests with a choice of dining experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and reserved seating to the new nighttime show Rivers of Light. After enjoying a mouthwatering meal, experience the beauty of the nighttime show that celebrates the relationship between animals and nature through live performers, grand theatrical imagery, a soaring musical score and innovative special effects.

Package includes one (1) buffet meal, reserved seating for Rivers of Light show.
Guests must dine 2.5 hours prior to show start as they will receive their show credential at the dining location.
As you can see it looks like the Disney IT got lazy and basically copy/pasted the info from RoL, it still mentions it in the Tusker House info

This was just posted by @yulilin3 on @OhioStateBuckeye's Animal Kingdom update board:

I seriously don't know where to post this...doing my daily HUB checks I saw that Flame Tree will offer the dinning package associated with The Jungle Book :Alive with Magic, it's showing for 1st 2nd and 3rd show viewing so it looks like the show will be performed 3 times a night. Here's the info. No word on when this will open for booking

Prices: Adult: $23.42, Child: $12.77 $$ ($15 to $34.99 per adult)

The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic Dining Package provides Guests with a choice of dining experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and reserved seating to the new nighttime show The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic. After enjoying a mouthwatering meal, experience the beauty of the nighttime show that celebrates the relationship between animals and nature through live performers, grand theatrical imagery, a soaring musical score and innovative special effects.

Package includes choice of one (1) entrée with three sides, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage, reserved seating for The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic show.

Guests will book a dining time, but this is a QSR (Quick Service) experience - there is no table service provided.

Guests should arrive at their reserved time and they will select their meal and pay at the location.

Reservations available starting at 2:30pm until 1 hour 15 minutes prior to the show time. Guests will receive their show credential at the location

Here's the info from Tusker House, it looks like only Dinner will have the Jungle Book show attached to it, same for 1st, 2nd and 3rd show

Prices:
Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63 $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)

Payment Methods Accepted: Travelers Checks, Key to the World, Cash, Visa, Disney Dollars, American Express, Disney Rewards Card, Master Card, Diners Club Card, Gift Card, Disney's Visa Credit Card, Discover, JCB, Disney Gift Card, KTTW Package Entitlements, Dreams Reward Card

The Jungle Book Dining Package provides Guests with a choice of dining experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and reserved seating to the new nighttime show Rivers of Light. After enjoying a mouthwatering meal, experience the beauty of the nighttime show that celebrates the relationship between animals and nature through live performers, grand theatrical imagery, a soaring musical score and innovative special effects.

Package includes one (1) buffet meal, reserved seating for Rivers of Light show.
Guests must dine 2.5 hours prior to show start as they will receive their show credential at the dining location.
As you can see it looks like the Disney IT got lazy and basically copy/pasted the info from RoL, it still mentions it in the Tusker House info
Is it cheaper to do the dining package than without? We have TH as an ADR and I'd change it to this if it makes sense financially to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter