Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I just did some googling about this. Looks like it was some sort of team member preview event.
Perhaps 'Kong' related, but who knows?

Huh. The people I saw lined up for that didnt look like your average team member though. It just sounded so familiar to Disney's After Hours. On a side note, Kong looks like its going to be amazing! My DS7 was standing at the Jurassic Park ride splash area and came back all excited that he saw the mountains. I was like what the heck is he talking about? Sure thing, if you stand in that area and look up behind Thunder Falls Terrace, all you see is mountains! And they also look kind of real LOL

We also saw the Frog Choir three times. DS11 really loved it. I wonder if @yulilin3's son was in any of the performances.

Huh. The people I saw lined up for that didnt look like your average team member though. It just sounded so familiar to Disney's After Hours. On a side note, Kong looks like its going to be amazing! My DS7 was standing at the Jurassic Park ride splash area and came back all excited that he saw the mountains. I was like what the heck is he talking about? Sure thing, if you stand in that area and look up behind Thunder Falls Terrace, all you see is mountains! And they also look kind of real LOL

We also saw the Frog Choir three times. DS11 really loved it. I wonder if @yulilin3's son was in any of the performances.

Like I said who knows?? In my brief search, I did not see anything on Universal's site promoting such an event.
I was curious, because we have one Universal day planned for our July trip, and I was hoping this was for real.

he performed last Sunday and Monday

Hi Lounge friends!

Just wanted to check in one the latest scoop on Jungle Book show or ROL, and if dining packages will be avail for the JB show.

Would love to hear an update or inside Intel on ROL- I'm going in September- good gracious I hope they have it figured out by then!

Thanks!!

pS. Really want a cocktail or martini emoticon. c'mon disboards!

Hi Lounge friends!

Just wanted to check in one the latest scoop on Jungle Book show or ROL, and if dining packages will be avail for the JB show.

Would love to hear an update or inside Intel on ROL- I'm going in September- good gracious I hope they have it figured out by then!

Thanks!!

upload_2016-4-27_18-38-47.png Darn I don't think it came out like it was supposed to

http://www.tigalaya.com/uploads/emoticons/martinismiley.gif

Hi Lounge friends!

I too find the drinking and eating icons severely limiting .... it's Disney, Food & Wine, Dining Plan, Snacks, Drinks, Trader Sams ..... Lapu Lapu ......... we need more ways to express ourselves.

I see a martini .... and a lemon with toes? :rotfl2:

Just need to vent for a sec..so had a last minute addition to my DD's bday dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Have ADR For 6 people and need for 7. Grrr back to stalking the Disney website - which is so glitchy it makes me crazy!

I finally got everything else booked and settled after changing up AK plans...:charac2:

OK rant over!! lol

With that said...less than 3 weeks until vacation!!! :yay:

I too find the drinking and eating icons severely limiting .... it's Disney, Food & Wine, Dining Plan, Snacks, Drinks, Trader Sams ..... Lapu Lapu ......... we need more ways to express ourselves.

I see a martini .... and a lemon with toes? :rotfl2:
Haha! Did you click the link?

Just need to vent for a sec..so had a last minute addition to my DD's bday dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Have ADR For 6 people and need for 7. Grrr back to stalking the Disney website - which is so glitchy it makes me crazy!

I finally got everything else booked and settled after changing up AK plans...:charac2:

OK rant over!! lol

With that said...less than 3 weeks until vacation!!! :yay:
Same here. I will be at AK on the 16th wearing my ROL shirt

This happened to me too, when MIL and FIL decided to join us for dinner in Epcot one night during our trip, so our table of 7 when to a able of 9! :scared1:

I used the reservation finder at touringplans.com - you can set the time, restaurant and number of people, and it will send you a text and/or e-mail when something shows up available. I used to for pre-park BOG, as well as the 9 person dinner, and it worked great. Here is the link (If it's not allowed to post the link, Mod's can remove)
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

I don't know if you have to be a subscriber to use it (I am), but it might be worth the $12 not to have to check constantly.

Same here. I will be at AK on the 16th wearing my ROL shirt

Our AK day is the 17th and then park hopping to Epcot.

This happened to me too, when MIL and FIL decided to join us for dinner in Epcot one night during our trip, so our table of 7 when to a able of 9! :scared1:

I used the reservation finder at touringplans.com - you can set the time, restaurant and number of people, and it will send you a text and/or e-mail when something shows up available. I used to for pre-park BOG, as well as the 9 person dinner, and it worked great. Here is the link (If it's not allowed to post the link, Mod's can remove)
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

I don't know if you have to be a subscriber to use it (I am), but it might be worth the $12 not to have to check constantly.

I will look into for sure. Such a pain to be searching to just add 1! Grrr

Hi ROLers! Checking in from Japan to see if anything has changed in terms of possible exciting new things & I see... nothing. :rotfl: I'm ten days out now and not expecting much, but thanks for keeping us all up to date. I'll have my button!

Expect nothing so that anything special will be worth celebrating!!!

giphy.gif

DISCLAIMER: So the week is turning into one of those ............ so for some distraction and venting you may see some Lounger spam.
I apologize in advance.
I shall try to keep it theme park based.

BIG NEWS, head spinning fast, Comcast has purchased Dreamworks for 3.5-3.8 BILLION dollars (price varies by source).

"Jeffrey Katzenberg and the DreamWorks organization have created a dynamic film brand and a deep library of intellectual property," NBCUniversal Chief Executive Officer Stephen Burke said in a press release. "DreamWorks will help us grow our film, television, theme parks and consumer products businesses for years to come."

What COULD this mean to us? [insert speculation]

Oh there is about 475 acres of land that Comcast just bought by the Convention Center not far from Universal that is large enough for at least 2 parks and resorts ....

That means we could be seeing Shrek's swamp, Far Far Away and Duloc OR some awesome fun with Kung Fu Panda OR let's contain our excitement for How to Train your Dragon (awesome attraction material) and one of my favorites would make an awesome land Road to El Dorado ...............

SO much property to work with, HUGE plus to Universal to get young families to visit away from the Mouse.

And they do build fast .............. the Mouse needs to get their butt in gear and finish what it has started and figure out what they are going to do next.

Mouse, they may be tapping the young market .... and add some more competitive family hotels..... do not ignore the elephant in the room.

NOTE: Huge Disney fan, minimal Universal fan

SCROLL THE PHOTO GALLERY AND THINK THEME PARK:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-comcast-dreamworks-20160428-story.html

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter