Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

But... but... it's FREE!!!!

I honestly think that some people are caught up in the word FREE, and in the excitement of trying to book something that is LIMITED. I know some people who won't sit down and make two columns (with free dining, without free dining) and just compare. They'd assume that the offer that includes something free will save them money.

I've created spreadsheets for everything since I knew spreadsheet programs existed, so that's not my particular problem... :rolleyes1
Just curious, can you get a discounted rate during the free dining event if you choose not to do the free dining?

Just curious, can you get a discounted rate during the free dining event if you choose not to do the free dining?
I don't believe so -- not in the sense that "I don't want free dining but can I get the equivalent discount" -- but I'm sure others will be able to confirm what IS offered...

Last edited:

Yes there's a new room only discount. Not sure if the dates are exactly the same as the free dining ones though. I'm waiting for the AP fall room discounts. Anyone know when they are usually released?

Drunk@Disney ‏@DrunkAtdisney 27 minutes ago
Rumors swirling "Osborne Lights" return but only as an after hours party in Muppet Plaza... would YOU be interested?

From the HopperFan Family - YES YES YES YES YES YES ................. and would book at trip just for it!!!

Oh my... we have a trip booked for the week after Thanksgiving! I never got to see the lights since last September was our first ever trip and the $$ wasn't there for a second trip in December. I'd sure be tempted to attend!

This was on the app.

So first I click on the FP+ link in the app. It then takes me to my list of FP's that I have made for a particular day.

I clicked on "beauty and the beast - 5 guests"
The next page has three options - "cancel", "find on map" and "modify"
Click "modify"

Then it says "First, tell us whose FastPass+ plans you'd like to modify." You can select all, or select the people individually. I just selected 1 person at a time (best chance of finding a fp), and hit continue...

When the next page comes up, it gives me options for changing the time of the current attraction choice (Beauty and the Beast) or tells me there is no availability. But it also gives you choices of times for other attractions as well. So I scroll down to see if there are any Toy Story times available. If there is nothing, I hit "back" and it takes me to the guest selector again, and I just hit continue again and it searches again. I keep doing this until a time pops up for the attraction I am looking for. If you see a time for the attraction you want, grab it, and then follow the same process to modify the time. I then go back and do this for all of the people (one at a time) that I am trying to make fastpasses for.

**Edit** Also, I should add that when I was doing the 4th FP, since I was looking for ToT, I started by taking any tier 2 that was available (I think it was the ariel show), and then modifying that. It is easier to do the "modify," "continue" if you are trying to "modify" than if you are picking an attraction for the first time.

It's not a particularly elegant solution, and you have to be patient, but I was surprised that it worked at all for the tier 1 rides.

I also think this works best the night before or morning of your target day because that is when the most people will be making changes to their plans as they decide what they are doing. I haven't tried, but I would guess that further out, it would take longer to find ideal times.

Good luck!

Thank you for this! I have copied your helpful tutorial into my iPhone notes; I know this will come in handy for our July trip.We are at a disadvantage this year as we are staying at SOG, and I'll have to book FP @ 30 days, so I'm getting a little nervous. I have 8:00am breakfast ADRs booked at every park to give us a head start, and we will probably do the EMM if they'd extend it into July. It's all about strategy for us this year, so I'm taking notes along the way!

Thank you for this! I have copied your helpful tutorial into my iPhone notes; I know this will come in handy for our July trip.We are at a disadvantage this year as we are staying at SOG, and I'll have to book FP @ 30 days, so I'm getting a little nervous. I have 8:00am breakfast ADRs booked at every park to give us a head start, and we will probably do the EMM if they'd extend it into July. It's all about strategy for us this year, so I'm taking notes along the way!

You are welcome. I didn't figure it out until the last two days of our trip, but it certainly helped! It was amazing that when I kept hitting the "modify/continue" buttons, I was seeing all sorts of times pop up. They were always gone immediately when I did it again, but a couple of times I had three different times come up for the a-list attractions. It worked great for Hollywood Studios, and I used it around 10pm Saturday night and was able to get Test Track times for all five of us for the next morning.

Drunk@Disney ‏@DrunkAtdisney 27 minutes ago
Rumors swirling "Osborne Lights" return but only as an after hours party in Muppet Plaza... would YOU be interested?

From the HopperFan Family - YES YES YES YES YES YES ................. and would book at trip just for it!!!

I loved the Osborne lights and had the fortune to see them twice. While I totally get that many people would jump at the after hours party, I don't think I would do it on principle. I always thought the purpose of the lights was to share the joy of the Christmas season with all who passed by.

I know we paid admission to DHS to see them, but that doesn't seem to be at quite the same level as "hey, pay extra on top of your park admission to see exclusive Christmas lights that everyone used to be able to enjoy". To me this would bring "nickle and diming" to a whole new level.

From Rumors Board:

We all know that many CMs know nothing but I also know (from experience) that many of them do. SO ..... this is not good.

Based on above post, if true, wear it proud. AND come December we might have to redesign everything with 2017 on it.

I think it's at a point that "something" is an all out failure. Admit it, let it go, find another way and get on it. This is a major blow to this park.

Exactly !! Looks like (at least for now) AK is still going to be a short day park for us --- we are going from 6/30-7/9, and don't have much faith that "ROL" will be up and rolling by then --- add that to the less than stellar "Sunset Safari" review on allears , and glad I kept my 5pm "Sanaa" ADR

I loved the Osborne lights and had the fortune to see them twice. While I totally get that many people would jump at the after hours party, I don't think I would do it on principle. I always thought the purpose of the lights was to share the joy of the Christmas season with all who passed by.

I know we paid admission to DHS to see them, but that doesn't seem to be at quite the same level as "hey, pay extra on top of your park admission to see exclusive Christmas lights that everyone used to be able to enjoy". To me this would bring "nickle and diming" to a whole new level.

I hear you. Remember this is a rumor that maybe there is an event and maybe it's been completely made up just on the rumor there might be lights returning to DHS in Muppet Courtyard due to a slip of MDE.

Now maybe this was a simplistic tweet. Maybe it means an after hours party like Lights, Dessert Party, Music ...... while during normal hours it will be just lights.

OR maybe like I've said the MK After Hours is practice for the other parks. Since TSL and SWL is a long way off, they could potentially do an After Hours at DHS during the holidays for Holiday Lights and attractions with say Starbucks and Min & Bills open. No shows. A less crowded lights would be huge perk as last years bordered on unsafe it was so crowded.

I hear you. Remember this is a rumor that maybe there is an event and maybe it's been completely made up just on the rumor there might be lights returning to DHS in Muppet Courtyard due to a slip of MDE.

Now maybe this was a simplistic tweet. Maybe it means an after hours party like Lights, Dessert Party, Music ...... while during normal hours it will be just lights.

OR maybe like I've said the MK After Hours is practice for the other parks. Since TSL and SWL is a long way off, they could potentially do an After Hours at DHS during the holidays for Holiday Lights and attractions with say Starbucks and Min & Bills open. No shows. A less crowded lights would be huge perk as last years bordered on unsafe it was so crowded.

I see where you're coming from ... and, if the lights themselves were available to day guests in some form, I might just be tempted to check out an after hours event. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter