Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Has anyone else noticed that he posts his announcements shortly after they've been linked here?

This is a common occurrence. He seems to regularly post, somewhat re-written what other bloggers have posted ...... but alas many of them do but sometimes not as obvious as him as if they dig further for some extra piece of info to add. He's a great source about characters and I leave it at that.

If you look at the comments posted on that blog, I would take this news (however much I would like it to be true!) with a massive grain of salt.

This blog sometimes has some great early info but very often they are too quick to jump on sharing news that is .... old. Not long ago they had breaking news about Joe Rhode that was actually from summer of 2015. I think they'll pass along stuff they read without checking dates just for the clicks. I find myself googling many of their announcements. In this case many others followed up with this memo was from early in the month and has been cancelled.

DISNEY has way too much on it's plate, busy juggling openings, announcements, new things, cutting costs and ............ they are just a mess right now. We've all been Shanghai'd. The leak of the late night After Hours Party created a huge mess for them PR wise as their plan was to announce several things at once. To be a fly on the wall, chaos for sure happening around the conference tables.

But they are very good at creating FRENZY which is proven on these boards.
Am enjoying that entertainment. popcorn::

This is a common occurrence. He seems to regularly post, somewhat re-written what other bloggers have posted ...... but alas many of them do but sometimes not as obvious as him as if they dig further for some extra piece of info to add.
He's a great source about characters and I leave it at that.
Yes he is. I rather wish he'd stuck with that niche as no one else fills it as well as he does.

I have a massive Debbie Downer theory for the April 2 announcement. I wonder if it may be an announcement that the show is delayed and they are pushing back the opening date "because we always want to exceed the expectations of our guests". They tend to drop bad news, like price increases, on the weekend. Also, if they'd dropped that today, we'd all think it was a big prank.

Now that I have put this out there, it will TOTALLY be an announcement about FP and dining because I am always wrong. Come on Disney, keep my streak alive!

Post 8321:

"Wife just received note from CM who's part of RoL show (my wife teaches with her mother and knows we're going to AK at end of April).... official open is STILL April 22nd. No delay. No word on sneak previews yet.

Seems like the confirmations were made yesterday...So that's a good sign, and I'd expect FP/ADR sooner than later."

To all the "Lurkers"
Come on in out of the cold:cold:, the Lounge has plenty of seats, lots of conversation, some drama and sometimes even a bit of a comedy show.
Add your 2 cents, without hesitation and join the :rockband: party.

Besides, the more pages we generate a day, the more it freaks out the people who were absent for a bit...:crazy:..OMG, OMG, what did I miss...:confused::confused::confused:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

OMG.... this is tooo funny... I am a long time lurker and that is EXACTLY WHAT I THINK when I check in and 10-15 pages have been added... OH MY GOD WHAT DID I MISS!!!!!! Glad to finally say hi!!!! 4/22 is my last night in Orlando so I have my fingers and toes crossed.

You do realize that a comment like that can get you kicked out of the ROL lounge, no? :rotfl2:

But that's OK, we forgive you... just this once :lmao:

Ha! I'll be quiet then, as I don't want to get myself booted. I'm just sick of getting my hopes up and would prefer to be pleasantly surprised. But, if you read the last line of my post, you'll see that I actually did it FOR the Lounge. ;)

Ha! I'll be quiet then, as I don't want to get myself booted. I'm just sick of getting my hopes up and would prefer to be pleasantly surprised. But, if you read the last line of my post, you'll see that I actually did it FOR the Lounge. ;)
It's ok...just have another ROL "magical and memorable" Maggie-Juice cocktail, and you will feel ever so much better! :drinking1

Great info.

Since we now know April 22 is firm with no delay, that makes me think the wdwnewstoday info "may" pan out.:)

And another top blogger who is personal friends with a few of the RoL operations CMs spoke to them to follow up on the WDWNT announcement and they said there have been some issues and they should know Monday what the plan will be. There has already been some previews cancelled due to technical issues and he says that the info is not being posted on the HUB but rather a testing schedule for now.

As with all things Disney there really is no firm anything until Disney itself makes a major announcement to the public that includes actual dates and booking capability. Until then all is subject to change ... even after an announcement they could change.

I also vote misinformed. She then began talking about notices when Pandora is near opening, etc so I dismissed her as 1 more CM who was clueless. As I stated in my post: 1 CM wanted to delete all my tickets when I wanted to add a day to my tickets (thus losing all my fps), and 1 CM wanted to cancel all my hard darn near impossible to get dining reservations because I wanted to upgrade to the dining plan. That would absolutely devastate me.
. Did you ever call back and try with a different cm? I actually recommend going through the route of comma problems with my Disney Experience. Tell them that you are trying to add the Dining Plan and a day online and it's not letting you? they may reroute you, but I spoke with someone that was really nice and they helped me switch all my fast passes over to different people without losing anything, after a guest services CM told me it wasn't possible.

Edit: I used talk to text, sorry!! Hahaha

Last edited:
Lurker since early on. I don't actually follow Dis at all, though I sometimes read a stray thread I stumble across in a search, which is how I came upon this one back in the day!

Going to WDW April 29 - May 5, at AK May 1 whether we see the show or not. Hoping for a dining package though......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter