Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I can't say anything about AKL though, we haven't gotten there yet :)[/QUOTE]
Ok, so because no (good) ROL news today, I have a question for my fellow support group members. Looks like the boys and I, minus mom and dad but add in a hubby...lol, will also be traveling to Disney in June 2017. For that trip, my co-worker friend is going to rent us her DVC points. They have 140 points they will rent. With just us 4, we'll do a studio. We won't be able to do BLT, GF, or the Poly, but everything else is doable. I'm mostly focusing on Boardwalk, Beach Club, or AKL (Jambo or Kidani) savanna view. I like the theming of AKL best and think I like the bathroom set up at Kidani more than Jambo. I like the atmosphere/location at BW or BC.

Looking for any and all opinions!

We, a family of four, have stayed at both BCV and AKV(Kidani) several times; always in studios. Living in an apartment in NYC helps prepare us for tight quarters. While BCV is our favorite, AKV is one that we always love to do especially if we decide on a split stay. SAB is better when your children are strong swimmers because you can't see all areas of the pool, therefore, in my opinion, the AKV pool is more relaxing. We love SAB, but I love it even more now that the boys are older. Nothing beats the ease of walking to Epcot through the International Gate or the walk to Hollywood Studios. I would also strongly suggest getting park hoppers if you do stay at an Epcot resort.

The only issue we had with a bus while at AKV was getting to RD at AK! We waited almost 40 minutes for the bus and just made it to RD. Other than that wait, the busses were never an issue. We did feel that once we got back to the resort at AKV, we didn't really want to go back out to a park. The resort has such a relaxed atmosphere, it makes us want to slow down. Our boys were more than happy to hang at the Community Center playing pool, fusel, crafting, etc.

After writing this, I think I realized that we love the location of BCV and really enjoy all the location has to offer, but AKV Kidani is a little oasis. Sitting on the balcony in a savanna room watching the animals is a great way to relax while not in the parks. Not sure if this was helpful. In the end, my family always asks to stay at BCV if it comes down to having to pick one resort.

Since there is no River of light news .. ( its coming I know its coming )

Is their any type of Credit Card you guys use to get the most rewards while at disney? ( Besides Disney Visa ) I am debating which card I wanna add for my purchases.

I am thinking Discover since its 5 percent cash back at all restaurants, and I am in the Double cash back period. I would basically get 10 percent cash back at all restaurants in Disney.

We talked about this recently! :D We're trying this out on our upcoming trip, and have heard good things. Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, "and friends" (of course availability subject to change yada yada) and I've heard of Pooh characters being the usual "friends" :)

I'll report back for you! DS loves Winnie the Pooh so those characters would be ideal!

Is their any type of Credit Card you guys use to get the most rewards while at disney? ( Besides Disney Visa ) I am debating which card I wanna add for my purchases.
For me, Chase Sapphire Preferred has been great though the perks have dropped over the past few years. It has a $95 fee, but with double points on food/travel, and 1:1 transfer to southwest, we get at least 2 free flights a year out of it.

Also, room charges count in the "travel" category, so we get double points for those too.

Latest "ROL" testing video from Disney Blog
Nicole-Tug-1409870118.gif

For me, Chase Sapphire Preferred has been great though the perks have dropped over the past few years. It has a $95 fee, but with double points on food/travel, and 1:1 transfer to southwest, we get at least 2 free flights a year out of it.

Also, room charges count in the "travel" category, so we get double points for those too.

We use the Hilton HHonors AMEX. We put absolutely everything we can on it all year long. It does have an annual fee ($75?) but I feel we get a lot of benefits. Granted, you can only use the points at Hilton properties, but we were able to cash in 250,000 points for an entire week stay at the Hilton across from Disney Springs over Thanksgiving. We're already back up to about 112,000 points. We use it a lot for free nights here and there or weekend stays at places. Get free upgrades when available (had several presidential suites at different places) and we get free breakfast at basically all Hilton properties.

Would you consider Early Check in a higher priority over the other amenities? I have requested higher floor and near transportation, but we'll be arriving early. Thus far, we have been able to get into our room early except the 1 time I requested it, lol. That was at POR.
ETA: This time we are staying at AoA.

Was just thinking about this ( due to the other thread regarding the "Extra Magic" event ) and thought might be fun to get some other ideas ---

Let's assume the cost is $149 PP ---

For our family, that would be $600 --- ( would never do it) -- would never say that other people are crazy for doing it (it's personal preference) , but would just rather spend that $600 elsewhere.

Ok, so if you HAD to spend it, what would YOU do?

Thought about it --- would get (4) discounted tix ( via Cirque club) to "La Nouba" and have dinner before the show at
"T-Rex" --- AND ... have a nice QS meal at MK and then head to the Contemporary to do "Pirate and Pals"

Anyone else?

I have modified my online check in twice now since the original check in.
boy, I have NEVER been able to change my check boxes for room requests...here's what I have right now for POFQ. I could select "arriving early" but the other check boxes are locked, and there is no "reset". I can change my arrival time on the screen before this one, but that's about it.
upload_2016-3-26_16-28-31.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-26_16-27-41.png
    upload_2016-3-26_16-27-41.png
    33 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter