Rumors about Fantasy

Fantasy will be “retired” to 3 and 4 nighters in the Bahamas unless they fix the engine. No way anyone in their right mind should do a transatlantic or PC cruise on the fantasy. That ship is a disaster waiting to happen. Also, why would Disney expand in Europe anyway? 1) they cannot handle what they have there now and cannot compete with other cruise lines there, 2) airfares are through the roof, 3) European countries are making it more difficult for Americans to travel there (e.g. new visas in UK), 4) US government making it more difficult for Americans to travel abroad (good luck renewing your passport) and hello random mandates.

But those two new LNG ships are limited and are a weight around dcl’s neck. Much like electric cars, they are a pain in the ___ to fuel and can only be done so in, well as far as I can see at this point, it’s Canaveral and is ny on? Must be because carnival has a lng ship out of there. Disney’s lng ships are attached to Canaveral as if on a leash. When Miami gets online maybe there will be two leashes. Lol. But I’m just an observer, so what do I know.
Sorry where are you seeing that its harder for US citizens to visit the UK? We have visa free travel for US citizens. The EU is bringing in something similar to the US esta program but even that is a formality.

Also, why would Disney expand in Europe anyway? 1) they cannot handle what they have there now and cannot compete with other cruise lines there, 2) airfares are through the roof,
They are not really doing a lot of noise to us Europeans compared to the other lines.
Also, the options are very limited making it less relevant.
Maybe more European options could expand their market.

With Fantasy permanently in Europe, she would also be close to the Meyer Werft for service 😆

^^ this is embarrassing quite frankly.
I completely agree!
Sorry where are you seeing that its harder for US citizens to visit the UK? We have visa free travel for US citizens. The EU is bringing in something similar to the US esta program but even that is a formality.
Yes the programme is no more difficult than it is to get into the US and us Europeans visit there regularly so I think its people not really getting the system. You guys have had it for years and never had any issue with tourist numbers dropping because of it.

From the Canaveral Port Authority CEO at today's Commission Meeting:

"We also announced since our last meeting that the Disney Treasure will homework at Port Canaveral. It's the newest Disney ship that will be arriving in December of 2024. It will be offering 7 day itineraries and the Disney Fantasy will move to a different rotation at that time but still here at Port Canaveral so we'll have three Disney vessels homeported here at the port."

They are not really doing a lot of noise to us Europeans compared to the other lines.
Also, the options are very limited making it less relevant.
Maybe more European options could expand their market.

With Fantasy permanently in Europe, she would also be close to the Meyer Werft for service 😆
Ok actually that’s a great idea. She definitely should go to Europe! Lol

That's just the counter to the ESTA that the US has. The EU has one, too. The cost for ESTA is $21 and the EU charges 7 Euro. I don't expect the UK permission slip to cost more than that, so it's hardly worth worrying about.

Ok actually that’s a great idea. She definitely should go to Europe! Lol
Port Canaveral says that the Fantasy is staying there and that Disney will have three ships at PC.

"We also announced since our last meeting that the Disney Treasure will homework at Port Canaveral. It's the newest Disney ship that will be arriving in December of 2024. It will be offering 7 day itineraries and the Disney Fantasy will move to a different rotation at that time but still here at Port Canaveral so we'll have three Disney vessels homeported here at the port."
This is the best news for us. The fantasy is our favorite ship and we are delighted that she will stay in port Canaveral!!

im very curious if they are going to figure out the engine and if it will affect the dream too

January-May: Port Canaveral
May-December: San Diego

That's my guess.

It’s another thing to do. Not saying the US didn’t start the whole thing. But it’s another piece of bureaucracy to deal with. Most Americans don’t even have passports. It’s not like Europe in that way.
For those folks who already don't have passports nothing changes. For folk who travel, this changes nothing... having to get a visa or permit is nothing new if you travel on one, and the added cost is very low if you're already spending quite a lot for plane fare and hotels.

FWIW I also drive an electric car since '18 and fueling it is easier than gas.... I just plug in when I get home. On longer trips we plan our breaks for where there is a charger which are pretty much all over the place nowadays. We always need to stop for snacks, a bathroom or to stretch our legs anyway even in a gas car. Has yet to be an issue for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter