Rumored Changes to G+

It's never going back to being free for anyone. I think the best you can hope for is being able to book your first one each day a week before your trip.
Which would be fine...

Genie+ has some issues, but the biggest issue is lack of capacity... there just simply aren't enough rides to justify the cost in a lot of instances. To me that's the issue. Whatever system they create isn't going to solve the underlying problem... I do see Genie+ prices continuing to climb...

Which would be fine...

Genie+ has some issues, but the biggest issue is lack of capacity... there just simply aren't enough rides to justify the cost in a lot of instances. To me that's the issue. Whatever system they create isn't going to solve the underlying problem... I do see Genie+ prices continuing to climb...
Which it's why it needs to be limited.

The price will continue to climb. That's a given. Makes me think people might do longer trips in the future verses buying Gemie + ?

Genie + is a cash cow for Disney, I'm afraid it's not going anywhere.... that said, give me the option of picking 3 rides prior to trip departure and I'll gladly (well, somewhat gladly) pay their price....

The opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure would be a key date on when updates to Genie+ get announced.

First, when Tiana's opens, will it bring another Virtual Que for Magic Kingdom, in addition to Tron?

Second, when Tiana's open, will it bring another Individual Lightning Lane for Magic Kingdom, in addition to Tron and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

Plus if Tiana's becomes an ILL, will that remove Seven Dwarfs Mine Train from being ILL too? If not, will that leave three ILL for that one park?

Basically with all the potential changes with Virtual Ques and ILL that will come with Tiania's opening....this would be key timing to introduce the long rumored Genie+ changes.

Everyone get ready to roll your eyes.......I didn't know you could buy genie plus and then be shut out of rides. Or am I lost again?

what do you mean? it is subject to availability. Were you shut out of all rides?
I'm thinking this might have something to do with Slinky or some other ride that disappears quickly. I have to admit, I didn't understand why people would just go ahead and book Slinky for a night ride as their first selection, didn't get the concept of stacking.

I'm thinking this might have something to do with Slinky or some other ride that disappears quickly. I have to admit, I didn't understand why people would just go ahead and book Slinky for a night ride as their first selection, didn't get the concept of stacking.
Thats what I'm thinking as well. I just checked the site I use that tracks this daily and these were sell out times yesterday:

At Animal Kingdom nothing sold out until mid-afternoon/early evening hours.
At Magic Kingdom same story as Animal Kingdom
At Epcot - Remy sold out right around 8AM with Frozen and Test track at 11AM
At Hollywood Studios - Slinky didn't sell out until closer to 10AM yesterday...most other rides were available until into the evening hours.

Guessing maybe they were at Epcot, where 3 of the bigger attractions were gone shortly after the 2nd pick window.

didn't get the concept of stacking.
Personally I found the stacking to really work well.
I booked Jungle cruise most days which was in the afternoon and then went to whatever park for early entry.
It frustrated me the first day.
Throughout the day Id adjust the times and then add more rides as I could.
So by the afternoon I had a fair number of rides and could just go to MK and do them one after the other.
Then from MK I usually booked Sorin at some point and usually on my way over booked whatever the ride in the ball is - cant recall. I like Soaring, but would not wait 40 minutes for it so I usually only do it once. This time I did it every day.

In the morning I could roper drop AK or studios and do those rides. Could also do MK for rope drop and do some of the secondary stuff.

I did not expect it to go so well - and I did not like the idea of G+, but Ill admit it worked well for me.

As for changes - I suspect it will be something we see in January after the holidays, much like the changes they made to park hopping etc... Its a "slow" time of year and makes the most sense IMO.

anyone just waiting for the inevitable price increase of genie plus to be more a par with Universal? I really think later this year they will increase to at least $50 a person per park

anyone just waiting for the inevitable price increase of genie plus to be more a par with Universal? I really think later this year they will increase to at least $50 a person per park
I certainly believe that at peak times of the year (perhaps Christmas week, 2024?), it might reach $50. It won't be that every day. On the other hand, isn't EP at Universal running $80/$90 right now? It's been a long time since I purchased the Universal pass.....

I certainly believe that at peak times of the year (perhaps Christmas week, 2024?), it might reach $50. It won't be that every day. On the other hand, isn't EP at Universal running $80/$90 right now? It's been a long time since I purchased the Universal pass.....
it is, but Disney will keep increasing slowly, it won't be an abrupt price increase. Every few months they will increase 5-10 ucks, to try to minimize the outrage

it is, but Disney will keep increasing slowly, it won't be an abrupt price increase. Every few months they will increase 5-10 ucks, to try to minimize the outrage
Just did a little reading to catch up, but it appears Universal also has a dynamic pricing scheme for EP, bumping the price during peak crowds. In many ways, G+ and EP are apples and oranges to compare, but in some ways, they're very similar. I have used both and like (for the most part) both. But I've only had EP as part of the hotel stay, which is why I was fuzzy on the cost of purchasing. For us, that's the biggest pro for Universal and EP - including it with the cost of their higher end resorts....

At UO today, the 2-park Unlimited Express is $239.99 & the 2-park 1x/ride XP is $209.99. For USF only, unlimited is $219.99 & 1X/ride is $189.99. At IOA only, unlimited is $229.99 & 1X/ride is $199.99. Buying day of is always the most expensive AND it's a super busy time of year - our Power Passes are blocked out this week & next.

At UO today, the 2-park Unlimited Express is $239.99 & the 2-park 1x/ride XP is $209.99. For USF only, unlimited is $219.99 & 1X/ride is $189.99. At IOA only, unlimited is $229.99 & 1X/ride is $199.99. Buying day of is always the most expensive AND it's a super busy time of year - our Power Passes are blocked out this week & next.
WOW. Thanks for the info. I sure hope G+ never gets to that point!

It is $200 today for the 1-park option at Islands of Adventure. $310 for the week of spring break for the same pass.

The 2-park option is $210 this week and $320 next week.

Universals is the superior version of it, but it's a steep price unless you stay at one of their premier resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter