• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumored Changes to G+

Toy Story Land has mediocre theming and little to no shade...........in a park in central Florida. I would also consider Smuggler's Run to be somewhat of a dud. The promised multiple scenarios never happened and it's kind of a lame attraction.
There is certainly a lack of shade. You do more walking in Disney Studios than actually enjoying attractions. That park is almost as tiring as Animal Kingdom. And, the food is just blah.

The issue with Smuggler's Run comes down to who is flying. If you have people that understand the controls, the attraction is fun. If you have people who just "crash" non-stop, it is an awful attraction. I almost always leave it with motion sickness due to the flyers not knowing how to operate the controls.

I do agree with the first sentence but with Peter Pan (ride I mentioned shouldn't have LL), its hourly capacity is 800 guests so that line is awful regardless :L

I know in DL it doesn't have Genie+ but it still rakes in a 40 minute wait.

I agree with you. And even with LL, it still takes forever to get through sometimes.

There is certainly a lack of shade. You do more walking in Disney Studios than actually enjoying attractions. That park is almost as tiring as Animal Kingdom. And, the food is just blah.

The issue with Smuggler's Run comes down to who is flying. If you have people that understand the controls, the attraction is fun. If you have people who just "crash" non-stop, it is an awful attraction. I almost always leave it with motion sickness due to the flyers not knowing how to operate the controls.

Yeah, I wish they would just take away the game aspect and make the controls phony like Mission: SPACE. Maybe just let them pull the hyperspace levers when it is time or some other timed actions that it doesn't matter if you actually do or not. I would also like to see other scenarios too.

I joke with my friends and family that you can tell Toy Story Land was designed in SoCal 🤣
ABC Commissary had a massive menu refresh and it's a very solid option now. Tons of indoor seating and the food isn't that bad. It used to be a violation of the Geneva Convention back in the MGM days but not so much anymore.

Yeah I don't like how it's super dependent on who is doing what role. You can request to be the pilot just a FYI.

yeah, i mean you're right, they're kind of on the "interior" side of FL.....if that makes sense. Just seems with all of their logistical creativity sometimes, that they could solve this somehow.
They could build up into a 2nd or 3rd level. That would cost too much, though.

I'm interested to see what type of skip the line service they'll have. It will be a hard pass for us if they're all standby.
I assume they will keep it the same. Why reinvent the wheel as it is working well for them.

When we went last year the universal express pass unlimited was $230 a person. The price changed every day. It is certainly nice to use when you just walk up and get on the ride with a few exceptions.

The price is how it makes the service work. Not many are willing to pay that much more on top of the ticket price and thus the express pass lines are certainly shorter than lightning lane lines. They also don’t tell you sorry your kid had a meltdown but you are 5 minutes past your lightning lane window and will have to go through standby. (That didn’t happen to us but did see it for Tron)

I certainly would never pay the express pass prices but they are included if you stay at a Universal Deluxe hotel including checkout day for everyone on the reservation. I believe we ended up paying about $800 for a night at Royal Pacific and had two days of EPU for 4 people instead of paying $1,600+

I assume they will keep it the same. Why reinvent the wheel as it is working well for them.
Also interested, but not sure what 'the same' will look like. Will new resorts be included in Express Pass? If so, just for the new park or for all 3? Will the original resorts with EP be included for Epic Universe? I agree there's likely going to be an Express Pass, but waiting to see the format and requirements. This new park will be a must-do for us at some point.

Just announced Disney Parks made 6 BILLION revenue for Q1, yet we get charged for every little thing now. Disney lately, esp the past few years, really annoys me as the greed is overwhelming.

Keep charging for that genie plus, I am sure it will eat into your billions of revenue if you made it free.

Also interested, but not sure what 'the same' will look like. Will new resorts be included in Express Pass? If so, just for the new park or for all 3? Will the original resorts with EP be included for Epic Universe? I agree there's likely going to be an Express Pass, but waiting to see the format and requirements. This new park will be a must-do for us at some point.
Right now it works for both as long as you have a park to park ticket.
Nothing for Volcano Bay although never been there and I think everything there is with that tap thing.
I'm assuming it will be the same but they also might pull a disney and offer an All and per park option.

I joke with my friends and family that you can tell Toy Story Land was designed in SoCal 🤣
ABC Commissary had a massive menu refresh and it's a very solid option now. Tons of indoor seating and the food isn't that bad. It used to be a violation of the Geneva Convention back in the MGM days but not so much anymore.

Yeah I don't like how it's super dependent on who is doing what role. You can request to be the pilot just a FYI.

I have been on Smuggler's run twice in Cali and 4 times in WDW. It is not a favorite for the reason I mentioned earlier.

I have a "me first" mother-in-law. We have gone with them on several trips. She is 76 (not picking on age) and has the reflexes of a sloth and hates "video games". She always has to be first in line, sit in the front row, etc. Of the 6 times we have been on Smuggler's Run, 3 have been with her. She does not get it. I have regretted riding each time due to nausea. I rode last year with my husband and adult children. The guys piloted. It was so much fun. Two other times were with some kids that had no idea. Nothing offensive is meant, but I am pretty sure they could not speak English and were not sure what to do. I got off soooo nauseated. Another time I was in the middle row with some people who had been on it "a million times" according them and it was a lot of fun.

I wish the attraction was more like Star Tours in the sense that it is the attraction and you get a fun ride the same each time, but perhaps with a different outcome.

Last edited:
I have been on Smuggler's run twice in Cali and 4 times in WDW. It is not a favorite for the reason I mentioned earlier.

I have a "me first" mother-in-law. We have gone with them on several trips. She is 76 (not picking on age) and has the reflexes of a sloth and hates "video games". She always has to be first in line, sit in the front row, etc. Of the 6 times we have been on Smuggler's Run, 3 have been with her. She does not get it. I have regretted riding each time due to nausea. I rode last year with my husband and adult children. The guys piloted. It was so much fun. Two other times were with some kids that had no idea. Nothing offensive is meant, but I am pretty sure they could not speak English and were not sure what to do. I got off soooo nauseated. Another time I was in the middle row with some people who had been on it "a million times" according them and it was a lot of fun.

I wish the attraction was more like Star Tours in the sense that it is the attraction and you get a fun ride the same each time, but perhaps with a different outcome.

You know, it actually is possible for all stations to be set to automatic. If you touch nothing before the ride begins, it will not require participation. I have never seen the pilots do this, but I have heard a CM offer the option when a little kid was sitting up there. It theoretically runs a basic program if nobody plays, with an average result.

You know, it actually is possible for all stations to be set to automatic. If you touch nothing before the ride begins, it will not require participation. I have never seen the pilots do this, but I have heard a CM offer the option when a little kid was sitting up there. It theoretically runs a basic program if nobody plays, with an average result.
Individual roles can be set to AI control. I got my own cockpit as a solo guest once and piloted the right side and all the other roles were computer controlled.

When Galaxy's Edge was first announced, it was mentioned that Smuggler's Run would have multiple scenarios. I assume that was budget cut out of the project, just like the Groot and Rocket animatronics in Cosmic Rewind.

Not everyone is a “morning person” so choosing your first LL at 7a every day of vacation is problematic for them. I would like it if you could choose your first LL and possibly one ILL sometime in the evening before….just for that first LL just like you can do at 7a now. Then the rest of Genie+ stays the same for getting/stacking the next ones once the park opens.

Toy Story Land has mediocre theming and little to no shade...........in a park in central Florida. I would also consider Smuggler's Run to be somewhat of a dud. The promised multiple scenarios never happened and it's kind of a lame attraction.
Yeah, TSL isn't great from an immersion standpoint. But it is packed with people and holds one of the most popular attractions in the park. I can't for the life of me figure out why, but I'm apparently not the target guest.

Smugglers is surprisingly fun when you are a party of six, and you're on the Millennium Falcon, SITTING AT THE DEJARIK TABLE. But yeah, it's not the best attraction they've ever done. But, it is in one of the best lands they've ever done, and Rise is spectacular--even as some of the effects are dropped.

Just announced Disney Parks made 6 BILLION revenue for Q1, yet we get charged for every little thing now.
Disney Parks made $6B revenue in Q1 and we get charged for every little thing. FTFY.

Not everyone is a “morning person” so choosing your first LL at 7a every day of vacation is problematic for them. I would like it if you could choose your first LL and possibly one ILL sometime in the evening before….just for that first LL just like you can do at 7a now. Then the rest of Genie+ stays the same for getting/stacking the next ones once the park opens.

Yes! It’s not even just the waking up in the morning, it’s the stress of Genie+, ILL *and* VQ all right at 7am….on VACATION!! I can’t even imagine being a west coaster having to get up at what feels like 3am 😳 I’d be happy if they just allowed one to be booked a week early and then the second like an hour after park opening, then the 2hr or whatever. Maybe just allow early booking for resort guests, or certain resorts or something.

Yes! It’s not even just the waking up in the morning, it’s the stress of Genie+, ILL *and* VQ all right at 7am….on VACATION!! I can’t even imagine being a west coaster having to get up at what feels like 3am 😳 I’d be happy if they just allowed one to be booked a week early and then the second like an hour after park opening, then the 2hr or whatever. Maybe just allow early booking for resort guests, or certain resorts or something.

7am est is 4am est. Far easier to wake up for 7am in FL than having to book stuff at home, esp on a work day. Def a few times I looked at what I booked later and said why those times. I could generally fix them though.

But I also always take a redeye and maybe take an afternoon name but just power through. Helps me get on est time. But I also rope drop or close to it most days so it generally doesn't bother me other than having to plan it each morning. DLR is better this way since you can't do it until you tap in, takes the multitasking part of it out.

7am est is 4am est. Far easier to wake up for 7am in FL than having to book stuff at home, esp on a work day. Def a few times I looked at what I booked later and said why those times. I could generally fix them though.

But I also always take a redeye and maybe take an afternoon name but just power through. Helps me get on est time. But I also rope drop or close to it most days so it generally doesn't bother me other than having to plan it each morning. DLR is better this way since you can't do it until you tap in, takes the multitasking part of it out.

I HATE waking up everyday of the vacation to get it at 7am. VQ or Genie. I’d gladly get up at 4am weeks before my trip to plan things again once, then get bothered on my vacation lol

That’s just me

Really hoping they change the times a little bit

What’s taking them so long to give us changes they said we’re coming. Too busy counting the 6 billion maybe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter