Rumor: FP (or virtual queue) return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is an older post... I was just in WDW and they are absolutely not using the FP lines for social distancing. They remain empty. They are using the Fastpass queues for Fastpasses (saw this on multiple rides) not sure who these people are that have fastpasses (very few and far between). Certainly not the general public.
Wonder if it’s people that purchased private tours.

IMO the only way to do that is make it limit FP even more.
Yeah it really isn’t a problem most of the day anyway. Just the peak hours stink here and there in extended standby lines with the heat and sun bearing down on you in a few spots.
Not worth revamping a system that’s probably getting a different kind of rework, anyway.

Yeah it really isn’t a problem most of the day anyway. Just the peak hours stink here and there in extended standby lines with the heat and sun bearing down on you in a few spots.
Not worth revamping a system that’s probably getting a different kind of rework, anyway.
I agree. Going forward I hope the rework makes it more limited. It would help the standby lines move quicker.

Disney Food Blog just did a post about this very topic, pointing out that FP lines are not being used to create social distancing in the main line, for the exact reasons shared here (continued use of FP line for DAS, rider swap, guest recovery FPs, Club 33). She mentioned just one or two exceptions, including Winnie the Pooh, which is apparently using a portion of its FP lines for regular line, to avoid the honey walls.

With the increased park capacity, I figure one of two things needs to happen:
  • Disney needs to actually start using the FP lines as it indicated, for the main lines, to keep crowds from clogging the walkways outside of rides
  • They need to reinstate FPs (or some version of it) to utilize that line space and reduce main line spill
I'm hoping for the latter. Based on the recent comments at IAAPA (?), it sounds like ride scheduling is the future, but I imagine that's a long way off. I have a hard time believing WDW will go another year without some kind of FP or other skip-the-line action, so maybe there will be a temporary option until the new system rolls out.

Disney Food Blog just did a post about this very topic, pointing out that FP lines are not being used to create social distancing in the main line, for the exact reasons shared here (continued use of FP line for DAS, rider swap, guest recovery FPs, Club 33). She mentioned just one or two exceptions, including Winnie the Pooh, which is apparently using a portion of its FP lines for regular line, to avoid the honey walls.

With the increased park capacity, I figure one of two things needs to happen:
  • Disney needs to actually start using the FP lines as it indicated, for the main lines, to keep crowds from clogging the walkways outside of rides
  • They need to reinstate FPs (or some version of it) to utilize that line space and reduce main line spill
I'm hoping for the latter. Based on the recent comments at IAAPA (?), it sounds like ride scheduling is the future, but I imagine that's a long way off. I have a hard time believing WDW will go another year without some kind of FP or other skip-the-line action, so maybe there will be a temporary option until the new system rolls out.
Adding fastpass right now will just make the standby lines longer. It won't fix the problem, it will just make it worse.

Adding fastpass right now will just make the standby lines longer. It won't fix the problem, it will just make it worse.

Fast pass plus doesnt work when half the stuff is closed either. Theres a reason they needed to make fastpass for stuff like indiana jones...it was to make the volume of the system work, not because theres demand or a guest benefit to it.

Fast pass plus doesnt work when half the stuff is closed either. Theres a reason they needed to make fastpass for stuff like indiana jones...it was to make the volume of the system work, not because theres demand or a guest benefit to it.

Sorry but seeing wait times today surpass 80 mins is a plea to get something in place to deal with needing to stand in line. Heck adjust it to a check-in system and make it so you can't even go on another ride except for extremely high volume shows/rides.

Example take what was Tier 1 move additional rides from Tier 2 as well in to a virtual line system where you check-in with either a tap of magic band or on your app (in the ride vicinity). You can not go on any other virtual line rides while you are waiting.

I feel sorry for those going this month but I am one of those that never waits in a line more than 15-20 mins long. If its longer I get a FP+ or skip it for that day.

Also expanding hours might help or bringing out EMH but doubt that is going to happen any time soon or until there are no capacity caps.

Sorry but seeing wait times today surpass 80 mins is a plea to get something in place to deal with needing to stand in line. Heck adjust it to a check-in system and make it so you can't even go on another ride except for extremely high volume shows/rides.

Example take what was Tier 1 move additional rides from Tier 2 as well in to a virtual line system where you check-in with either a tap of magic band or on your app (in the ride vicinity). You can not go on any other virtual line rides while you are waiting.

I feel sorry for those going this month but I am one of those that never waits in a line more than 15-20 mins long. If its longer I get a FP+ or skip it for that day.

Also expanding hours might help or bringing out EMH but doubt that is going to happen any time soon or until there are no capacity caps.
Not going to happen. Plus, I highly doubt the wait times were actually 80 minutes. The posted times have been notoriously high since reopening and rarely match what the actual wait is. People just need to get used to this new way of touring for the time during the pandemic. There will be me sort of FP in the future once social distancing is a thing of the past, but not now. If you’re going to the parks, you have to be prepared to wait a bit.

Not going to happen. Plus, I highly doubt the wait times were actually 80 minutes. The posted times have been notoriously high since reopening and rarely match what the actual wait is. People just need to get used to this new way of touring for the time during the pandemic. There will be me sort of FP in the future once social distancing is a thing of the past, but not now. If you’re going to the parks, you have to be prepared to wait a bit.

Ya know if most things had a virtual queue Id be on board with waitung. My bigger concern was was waiting in line for an hour each time with people who could care less about distancing.

Plus, I highly doubt the wait times were actually 80 minutes.

Correct there was 74 on Smugglers Runs, 105 on Slinky, 72 on TOT, 70 on Jungle Cruise, 65 on Seven Dwarves, 84 on Frozen, 72 on Navi, and FOP was at 56 before opening at 8:50 (posted waits were substantially higher later).

These were actual wait times based on timing with a tracking app so could have been worse or better other parts of the day.

So you are right not 80 just lots rides around 80 and even worse.

Oh and did we forget this is December 5th only likely to get worse from here on out until the 2nd of January.

Correct there was 74 on Smugglers Runs, 105 on Slinky, 72 on TOT, 70 on Jungle Cruise, 65 on Seven Dwarves, 84 on Frozen, 72 on Navi, and FOP was at 56 before opening at 8:50 (posted waits were substantially higher later).

These were actual wait times based on timing with a tracking app so could have been worse or better other parts of the day.

So you are right not 80 just lots rides around 80 and even worse.

Oh and did we forget this is December 5th only likely to get worse from here on out until the 2nd of January.
And then it will get drastically better after 1/2/21 when crowds drop off. Anyone traveling to Disney for the holidays this year should know what they’re getting themselves into by this point. Waiting and long lines are going to be part of it. FP wouldn’t alleviate that. It would just take those super long line and have you be standing in them for even longer periods of time. Plus there would have to be room in the walkways for socially distanced a FP lines. They’re not going to bring FP back for less than a months worth of crowds just to make peoples waits less. This is the route they’re going, and it’s the smart route.

And then it will get drastically better after 1/2/21 when crowds drop off. Anyone traveling to Disney for the holidays this year should know what they’re getting themselves into by this point. Waiting and long lines are going to be part of it. FP wouldn’t alleviate that. It would just take those super long line and have you be standing in them for even longer periods of time. Plus there would have to be room in the walkways for socially distanced a FP lines. They’re not going to bring FP back for less than a months worth of crowds just to make peoples waits less. This is the route they’re going, and it’s the smart route.
This is exactly why we changed our trip next week to be Monday to Friday. Don’t want to mess with those weekend crowds.

And like I stated they can do virtual lines not just FP+.

It's fine its going to get better in January and hence why I said I feel sorry for those going this month.

Also I like how you try to call out there being no way that it's 80 mins, are proven wrong, then say how FP+ can't come back, ignoring my point about virtual lines.

By the way January should be better based on park Hopping likely evening out some crowds and removing them mid day to hop as well. Which park Hopping people were swearing up and down would never come back as well.

But what is everyone going to do while they’re waiting in the virtual queue? They have to go somewhere.

Well look to push them to locations that can eat up crowds where they normally don't go. Doubtful things like shows are at capacity every time.

Sorry if you rely on people standing in line for over 60+ mins on multiple rides your park is too crowded. Time to either lower capacity or increase hours to more likely spread out the crowds.

This is exactly why we changed our trip next week to be Monday to Friday. Don’t want to mess with those weekend crowds.
This is exactly why I cancelled my trip. Disney is offering deep discounts to hotel guests to try and get people to go but nobody is going to pay that money to wait in those long lines and possibly not get on their best new ride because it’s a lottery. They took away every hotel incentive and need to bring them back if they want to sell their hotel rooms. The only hotel guests that are going are DVC members who would lose their expiring points if they didn’t go

And like I stated they can do virtual lines not just FP+.

It's fine its going to get better in January and hence why I said I feel sorry for those going this month.

Also I like how you try to call out there being no way that it's 80 mins, are proven wrong, then say how FP+ can't come back, ignoring my point about virtual lines.

By the way January should be better based on park Hopping likely evening out some crowds and removing them mid day to hop as well. Which park Hopping people were swearing up and down would never come back as well.

Well look to push them to locations that can eat up crowds where they normally don't go. Doubtful things like shows are at capacity every time.

Sorry if you rely on people standing in line for over 60+ mins on multiple rides your park is too crowded. Time to either lower capacity or increase hours to more likely spread out the crowds.
You named 2 rides that actually were over an 80 minute wait, and didn’t provide what the posted wait times were for those rides at the time their wait was over 80 minute. Not exactly a gotcha moment there.

And as for virtual lines, what are people supposed to do while waiting on that virtual line? Wait on other lines. It really won’t cure any issues and will still make the standby lines so much longer in both length and wait times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter