Rumor: Disney Vacation Club Sold-Out Resort Prices on the Rise

Interesting that it’s only the MK/monorail and the EP/HS resorts that saw the increases.

Wow! Today is the one year anniversary of my VGC resale offer - $180 a point! Only 1 point out of 150 available for 2020, which turned out to be a blessing.

Wonder what DLH will start at.

Whatever DLH starts at, there is still gonna be a line to buy! Even I want to, although I won't, since I can't make the math work, and hopefully my emotional side don't ever end up taking over the logical side :).

Great3

Don't see that as being a good idea. But, I guess it works or they would't keep doing it.

My guess is $250. $215 seems awfully low. They know this will sell out quickly so why not gouge.
It’s a pretty big resort and it will have a lot of points, at least 4 million in my estimation, with rooms that are mostly studios in a market that mostly caters to locals and shorter trips. I dont agree it will sell out quickly. Not that it won’t have a hot start. But it’s going to mostly sell 125 points at a time.

they’ll gouge on the point charts. But the actively sold resorts are always priced to move.

It’s a pretty big resort and it will have a lot of points, at least 4 million in my estimation, with rooms that are mostly studios in a market that mostly caters to locals and shorter trips. I dont agree it will sell out quickly. Not that it won’t have a hot start. But it’s going to mostly sell 125 points at a time.

they’ll gouge on the point charts. But the actively sold resorts are always priced to move.
That makes sense. Make the dollar sign less to appear more affordable but the point charts through the roof.

I wonder why VGC jumped so significantly. Disney planning on buying more VGC points back during ROFR? Makes me very nervous for our VGC resale contract that is in ROFR right now....

I wonder why VGC jumped so significantly. Disney planning on buying more VGC points back during ROFR? Makes me very nervous for our VGC resale contract that is in ROFR right now....
I think the opposite really. Disney can be reliably predicted to raise sold out prices when a resale price for a resort breaks through about 75% of list. VGC is barely under that threshold even after the increase. At those margins, it’s just not really worth Disney’s money to ROFR contracts to resell. Raising the price certainly makes it a bit more profitable to resell but I think they’re trying to scare people away, frankly.

I think the opposite really. Disney can be reliably predicted to raise sold out prices when a resale price for a resort breaks through about 75% of list. VGC is barely under that threshold even after the increase. At those margins, it’s just not really worth Disney’s money to ROFR contracts to resell. Raising the price certainly makes it a bit more profitable to resell but I think they’re trying to scare people away, frankly.
Thanks for the insights, much appreciated!

My guess is $250. $215 seems awfully low. They know this will sell out quickly so why not gouge.
$245/pp for BCV that craps out in 20 years. I thought Krispy Kreme selling glazed donuts full of air was a ripoff. This is on a whole new level.

The "sold out" prices are extra high to steer buyers to the new, "live" resorts. I doubt DLH will be quite that high. I can see it being more than Riviera, but $215 is probably the highest it'll start at.

BCV and BWV are priced excessively high to encourage RIV sales. Otherwise, a fair number of people will just keep calling to get on the wait list (especially for BCV) and bypass RIV entirely. It also scares people away from looking into resale if they haven't already done so.

Last edited:
It worked for me, it was a little painful adding on at CCV recently. If I were adding a larger amount, I probably would have went ahead and bought at RIV. Still may do that in the future though. 2 totally different resorts, but I always wanted to own at the Wilderness Lodge so I went ahead and purchased last year pre Covid.

The "sold out" prices are extra high to steer buyers to the new, "live" resorts. I doubt DLH will be quite that high. I can see it being more than Riviera, but $215 is probably the highest it'll start at.

BCV and BWV are priced excessively high to encourage RIV sales. Otherwise, a fair number of people will just keep calling to get on the wait list (especially for BCV) and bypass RIV entirely. It also scares people away from looking into resale if they haven't already done so.
Ah. Makes sense! The only I couldn’t figure out the rationale for was BWV. But you’re right they need to keep it more expensive than Riviera and RVA goes to $201 next month.

Wow! Today is the one year anniversary of my VGC resale offer - $180 a point! Only 1 point out of 150 available for 2020, which turned out to be a blessing.

Wonder what DLH will start at.

My bet is that with incentives for most it'll be just below $200. And just above for list price to encourage purchases large enough to get below that magic $200 mark.

And yes, VGC gets bumped because DVC wants people to buy the new, not the old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter