Rumor Alert: Disney Tickets Price Increase

If you take an unused ticket to Guest Services to upgrade to an AP, they will give you what you paid for it. However, if you go through the turnstiles and then go to Guest Services (either that day or sometime during your trip), Disney will give you the current Disney selling price of that ticket toward the upgrade to an AP.

Here's Chesire Figment's sticky "Everything about WDW Tickets" which explains it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Depending on the AP increase amount, it may be more cost effective to buy the AP now and hold it until you need it, versus buying a discounted ticket and upgrading it later.

I didn't know all of that. :worship: See? That's why I come to the DIS. You guys know everything.

omg! i'm so crazy! we each have a 1 day park ticket from last year that we have credit for that i can apply to our APs we are gonna buy for this feb. duh!! i'm so glad you mentioned that. i know we paid $71.00 ea. so hey that's a good discount off of our passes!!! hooray!! i knew we had to take the documents to guest services so we will be doing that on our 1st day in the park. thanks for helping me think!!!
mousiemom

Is there somewhere to buy annual pass vouchers online? If I don't go on strike I will be able to go online to buy my AP voucher. I won't be able to make it to the only Disney Store within 150 miles. If only they could hold off on the price increase for a week or so.

Kim

ETA: Never mind. I forgot to check Disney's own site.

I was just getting ready to post the link when I saw you had edited your post!

I was just getting ready to post the link when I saw you had edited your post!
Thanks Lisa. Between worrying about the strike possibilities and trying to get everything together for my camping trip my brain isn't working at its best.

Kim

I wonder if the dining plans will be offered in a different way as well?

Well I'd say that's a pretty safe bet there will be some changes. But at this point =-> only Disney knows for sure.

I'm kind of stuck, I have a MYW package booked with an 8 day base ticket. The package is through CRO and paid in full.

We just became DVC members and wanted to upgrade the 8 day tickets to AP's and use the DVC discount.

But I can't do that until I check in. Grrrr. :headache: I called GS and they said they only way to do it over the phone would be to cancel my current package (free dining) and book a new package then I could apply the DVC discount to my AP's. :confused3 Makes no sense to me. :confused:

Hopefully the price doesn't go up that much. :scared:

I'm kind of stuck, I have a MYW package booked with an 8 day base ticket. The package is through CRO and paid in full.

We just became DVC members and wanted to upgrade the 8 day tickets to AP's and use the DVC discount.

But I can't do that until I check in. Grrrr. :headache: I called GS and they said they only way to do it over the phone would be to cancel my current package (free dining) and book a new package then I could apply the DVC discount to my AP's. :confused3 Makes no sense to me. :confused:

Hopefully the price doesn't go up that much. :scared:

Don't worry -- it's not that bad! What you would do is go through the turnstiles once to actually activate the ticket and then go to Guest Services inside the park to do the upgrade. The reason being is that if you upgrade before activation your existing ticket will have the value of what it cost when you purchased it...when you upgrade after it's been activated, it's value is whatever that current days price is. So, even though the price of your AP might be higher -- your ticket has a higher value to be applied to it.

Of course, this is only valid information as long as Disney doesn't change the upgrade procedures. What you might want to do is just go to GS outside the park first and simply ask what the value of your current ticket is. Then when you do the upgrade inside the park you'll know if the policy is still the same. As a matter of fact, it could be that if you wait and do the upgrade on the last day of your 8-day MYW ticket, the anniversary date of the AP might fall on that day (vs. day 1). That might help you next year as it would give you just a few more days to get another trip in before it expires...but double check on that one though as I'm not positive.

As a matter of fact, it could be that if you wait and do the upgrade on the last day of your 8-day MYW ticket, the anniversary date of the AP might fall on that day (vs. day 1). That might help you next year as it would give you just a few more days to get another trip in before it expires...but double check on that one though as I'm not positive.

They'll backdate the AP to the first date the 8-day ticket was used, unfortunately.

i have a question calypso! i have a 1 day myw ticket credit, and i want to upgrade to an AP in Feb. can i use my disney rewards towards my AP too?
thanks,
mousiemom

i have a question calypso! i have a 1 day myw ticket credit, and i want to upgrade to an AP in Feb. can i use my disney rewards towards my AP too?
thanks,
mousiemom

You mean the rewards you get with your Disney Visa? If so, yes...because you would transfer your rewards to the Rewards Card and it would pretty much be the same as using a giftcard. You'd just go to GS and have them apply the value of your 1-day MYW towards the price of the AP, and then use the Disney Rewards card to pay for the difference.

The reason being is that if you upgrade before activation your existing ticket will have the value of what it cost when you purchased it...when you upgrade after it's been activated, it's value is whatever that current days price is. So, even though the price of your AP might be higher -- your ticket has a higher value to be applied to it.

I did not even think of that! :goodvibes Thanks! :thumbsup2

I saw this on the DVCNews site :

The official DVC website DVCMember.com has apparently jumped the gun on the increase in Annual Pass prices. The site currently lists fees which are about $20 higher than those being charged to actually purchase the pass.

Assuming that the fees on DVCMember.com will be in effect on August 3rd, here is a rundown of the current and future Annual Pass prices

Current Price Revised Price
Annual Pass (Adult) $348 $369
Annual Pass (Child) $307 $326
Premium Annual
Pass (Adult) $454 $474
Premium Annual
Pass (Child) $400 $418

The above prices do not include tax or shipping.

Passes can still be ordered at the listed "current" price. To do so, visit DVCMember.com. Click on Member Priviledges / Member Perks / Walt Disney World / Walt Disney World Annual Pass Savings. Within that page is a link to the on-line Disney ticket store which presently displays the amounts listed above under "Current Price."

I've checked dvcmember.com for myself under perks and the revised prices are indeed posted as of 6:38am eastern time. Sorry for the formatting of the table above. I can't figure out how to get it lined up. The first price is the current price, the second price is the new price.

CanadianGuy hasn't come back to this thread, but a number of other threads have pointed out that prices ARE increasing across the board on tickets. 3-8% on base MYW, $5 more for park hopper, etc.

CG has a nice list in this thread.

I went to the Disney site to order a couple MYW child passes to cover our April trip, but since its that far away and we were going in October I didn't want any confusion and wanted them mailed - but the online site didn't give a mailing option (it listed it as possible, but you couldn't select it).

So I was going to order from DreamsUnlimitedTravel, but the order form had a big "We can't guarantee these prices...", which made it sound like our order might not get processed before the prices changed...sorry guys...

I called WDW directly, and was able to get them mailed to me. I also asked about 2009 room rates. She said room only rates have already been released (but online it still stops at Dec. 31st 2008), and package rates will be released Sunday.

doconeill, thx a mint for updating this thread and providing the link as well. :goodvibes I was checking it to see if anything happened yesterday.

I was getting nervous about the price increase so ordered our MYW 4 day + Water Fun earlier this week, for our trip next year. However, I wanted to see if I saved anything by buying early - boy talk about OCD! :rotfl:

cheers,
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter