Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cancelled July 25 trip. Not interested in spending thousands to be a guinea pig!!
THIS -- Disney is going to have a ton of cancellations on their hands of people who were hoping they would open in May/June and have July/August be "normal". I just don't see a lot of people finding it worth spending Disney vacation money for a reduced and inconvenient experience. But who knows .. demand could be higher than expected. Some people may not care what is/isn't open at the parks.
It's sad . .but it is what it is. Even if they opened in June . not sure a lot of people would be willing to go with the reduced experiences. I know I wasn't.

We all will live vicariously to the local guinea pigs and vloggers, this summer.

So are we left to *assume* resorts did not need a reopening plan approved? And they will open on July 11? Just making armchair speculations.....

I'd love some info on the reservation system. I have fast passes already selected for my park days. Wonder if that counts? If not, where do we make them and how?

That will be coming. As someone said in the other thread, these presentations were never about getting specific information out to the guests. Just general high-level details to get the ok to get going.

Shall be interesting. We have a reservation to check in to Pop on 7/10 and of course we’re going to start doing parks on 7/11. Check out date is 7/20. I am curious to see when they will open the resorts. No communication from Disney. I have dining reservations/fast passes selected. I’m gonna wait em out. Disney, you cancel me over the one day I guess.

Now the question is .. is Disney going to offer some sort of "sorry for having to cancel your vacation" offer to everyone with June/July reservations like they did for those in late March/April/May? ESPECIALLY since a lot of the June/July reservations that were made by the spring people are going to be cancelled AGAIN.

On one hand, they don't owe us anything except no cancellation fees (because this wasn't THEIR fault), but on the other hand, it may take some good will to get people to come back sooner than later, especially with all the restrictions and uncertainty in place.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the tourist industry this summer (especially Florida tourist industry).

THIS -- Disney is going to have a ton of cancellations on their hands of people who were hoping they would open in May/June and have July/August be "normal". I just don't see a lot of people finding it worth spending Disney vacation money for a reduced and inconvenient experience. But who knows .. demand could be higher than expected. Some people may not care what is/isn't open at the parks.
It's sad . .but it is what it is. Even if they opened in June . not sure a lot of people would be willing to go with the reduced experiences. I know I wasn't.

We all will live vicariously to the local guinea pigs and vloggers, this summer.

I volunteer as tribute! For me, I live in FL, this will be my 5th trip on my current AP year. I'll keep my July 18th trip if resorts are open, but if we didn't go as much I think the limits would make me reschedule. Hopefully all the restrictions are short lived and Disney gets settled in a new normal soon.

Just how long will all these guidelines stay in place? If all this goes away or a vaccine is made will things go back to normal or is this gonna be the new normal????:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter