• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? It dipped before the announcement. It usually fluctuates a few percentage points throughout the day, every day. It's actually started to spike upward since the UO announcement.

Good time to think about buying. Although if June 5th comes with Universal open and still no announcement from Disney then I think it could take a bigger hit.

Universal has a lot of space for waiting. It's very different from MK. They already had virtual queues for several rides (and all of Volcano Bay) and from what I read in the past, had plans for virtual queues for quite some time before the pandemic.

I meant in a socially distanced way - if ride queues aren't full of people waiting and they're all in a communal area how is that any better?

Good time to think about buying. Although if June 5th comes with Universal open and still no announcement from Disney then I think it could take a bigger hit.
Best time to buy was when they dipped into the 80s months ago. I think they'll float around 110, maybe 105 within the next couple weeks, but they'll have a huge spike when WDW's re-opening is announced and movie theaters begin to announce openings as well. Either way, it's still undervalued. Should probably be at about 140 - 150, and will be much higher when Disney+ really kicks into gear.

Best time to buy was when they dipped into the 80s months ago. I think they'll float around 110, maybe 105 within the next couple weeks, but they'll have a huge spike when WDW's re-opening is announced and movie theaters begin to announce openings as well. Either way, it's still undervalued. Should probably be at about 140 - 150, and will be much higher when Disney+ really kicks into gear.

They got down as far as 76 in April IIRC

I picked it up when it dipped below $100 sometime last week (I think its lowest was around $97) anticipating that once re-opening date was announced it would spike.

So if Universal is concerned about getting masks wet on water rides- what does this mean for things like Splash Mountain? I don’t think anyone had “no water rides” on their corona Bingo card.

Since they already cancelled through 6/13 today, I wonder if maybe Disney will follow and open around or before 6/13 to cast members and then do AP, residents/non hotel guests. And then possibly start taking the booked reservations starting 6/14 or even later for hotel guests? Just thinking out loud.

I took a screenshot of the Universal plan and can add some other details:
- TMs will hand out 3D glasses individually (I know people were wondering about that)
-Volcano Bay IS on the page, it lists that CDC says no risk of COVID in treated water, and they said they will space out chairs and have limited tubes for the lazy rivers and limited life jackets for the wild river, The virtual queue system is already in place there. Also no grouping parties together on one big tube for those rides. (They don't mention masks vis a vis VB in general. My guess is that no masks on the rides or while you are at your chair, but masks will be required when walking around getting food and whatnot.)
-Brochure racks will be eliminated and maps will be passed out by TMs upon request but they will encourage the mobile app
-no buffet or self serve options at restaurants (does not mention Freestyle machines)
-Every other locker will be closed and guests will be "pulsed" into the locker areas by TMs to avoid crowding.

Since they already cancelled through 6/13 today, I wonder if maybe Disney will follow and open around or before 6/13 to cast members and then do AP, residents/non hotel guests. And then possibly start taking the reservations starting 6/14 or even later for hotel guests? Just thinking out loud.
That’s my guess. I’m surprised they’d be that far behind Universal, but apparently so.

Since they already cancelled through 6/13 today, I wonder if maybe Disney will follow and open around or before 6/13 to cast members and then do AP, residents/non hotel guests. And then possibly start taking the reservations starting 6/14 or even later for hotel guests? Just thinking out loud.
Yes, I think so. I don't think Disney's plan will be wildly different from UO.

So if Universal is concerned about getting masks wet on water rides- what does this mean for things like Splash Mountain? I don’t think anyone had “no water rides” on their corona Bingo card.

Disney controls most, if not all, water features during the cooler months so I’m sure they will follow the same procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter