• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...-one-of-disneys-biggest-coronavirus-headaches
Could be big changes at Epcot. I would think things like this would be more of a deal breaker.
Nothing really there that hasn't been discussed. Everything is being reviews and cuts are/will be made.

Had it been mentioned before about the start of the 50th being pushed back to the actual anniversary date (Oct 1, 2021)? I know nothing was set before but figured they would start things to try and draw people in but guess if they aren't ready to have much new to celebrate it makes sense.

Gonna make that day that much crazier for park guests I suspect

Shanghai didn’t.

Someone suggested putting everything in clear plastic bags (like ziplocs) and wiping off those bags after.

I have done this for the last four years (started with bringing a diaper bag), it was fast and efficient until the past year or so. Some of the security started opening the clear ziplock bags and rummaging around. So it’s definitely not the answer.

in the proposals Texas submitted they had clear bags reccomended so security didn’t have to open them but not a requirement. So basically if you don’t want your bag searched use a clear bag.

And not like ziplocks. Go search stadium clear bags. Lots are made these days since most sporting venues require them.
I for one do not want to carry around a clear plastic bag At a park,I don’t want everyone seeing my business. I would rather have my bag checked.

I for one do not want to carry around a clear plastic bag At a park,I don’t want everyone seeing my business. I would rather have my bag checked.
College football went to a clear bag policy several years ago. As a season ticket holder, I wasn’t crazy about the change at first. It helps speed things up, and I‘m good with it now.

College football went to a clear bag policy several years ago. As a season ticket holder, I wasn’t crazy about the change at first. It helps speed things up, and I‘m good with it now.
For a game I would be fine. Not for the parks all week. But a poster said just put it in your regular bag., that’s a good idea and then just pull out the clear bag for the check.

You just put them in your regular bag.

Some people are talking about clear stadium bags replacing their usual park bags. This has been a requirement at sports stadiums and concert venues for a while. These bags are usually the size of regular bags (only difference being they’re clear) so I don’t know how practical putting one of those inside a regular bag might be.

Others are talking about bagging your items inside your regular bag in ziplocs so you can just wipe those ziploc bags down. We usually do this - it just makes it easier and faster getting through security, and then there’s less of a hunt for things when you need them in the park.

I believe @peaceluv&mickeymouse was talking about not wanting to use the clear stadium bags.

Off topic, I am a social worker & am amazed at how many ppl suddenly are advocates for the safety & health of their fellow man/woman. I don’t recall all this concern & advocacy for others when I was working with the abused, the mentally ill, the homeless, etc. Now all of a sudden everyone is a hero b/c they wear a mask. I suspect all of this new found concern has more to do with the fact that ppl are now more concerned about how it will affect them or their loved ones.
That's a completely inapt comparison.

I wonder if after a while they could go to masks only in indoor spaces. So much info has come out that outdoors in the heat isn't as risky. Does Disney plan to open the pools? My community isn't opening the pools on memorial day. They said maybe later in the summer.

I wonder if after a while they could go to masks only in indoor spaces. So much info has come out that outdoors in the heat isn't as risky. Does Disney plan to open the pools? My community isn't opening the pools on memorial day. They said maybe later in the summer.
I'm wondering the same thing. We are planning on going in September when its really HOT. We enjoy our time at the pools. If the pools are closed I think we may postpone

Do you think all indoor shows will be cancelled or will they just space out parties? I'm hoping for the latter. I don't know how I feel about a Disney trip without the Country Bears and much of HS is indoor shows. The rumors of the permanent closure of the Voyage of the LM have me worried. I like that show!

Do you think all indoor shows will be cancelled or will they just space out parties? I'm hoping for the latter. I don't know how I feel about a Disney trip without the Country Bears and much of HS is indoor shows. The rumors of the permanent closure of the Voyage of the LM have me worried. I like that show!
I don't think you're going to have to be worried about being spaced out for country Bear jamboree. 😁

There is absolutely nothing I carry around that I care if someone sees. Then again, we don't lug backpacks meant for us to survive a week either.
My guess is that there is a 99% chance that no way in heck do they have everyone use clear bags. They don't have the infrastructure or ability to ensure that all of their guests own these before they get to the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter