• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Per the email to pass holders only entrances to DS are Orange and Lime Garages, ride share drop off, and bridge to the non-Disney hotels. Since Saratoga is closed they’re not going to want anyone parking there or walking over there either through the marketplace side or the west side walking trail.
I was thinking about when they reopen wondering where you would get tested.

There are a couple shipping this week- I ordered last night. But yes, most are at least June or July now.
The ones I wanted yesterday were early June (he needs plain color), I'm not too worried if I can get all our masks lined up for our hopeful trip in July. Just wanna be stocked up anyway.

The ones I wanted yesterday were early June (he needs plain color), I'm not too worried if I can get all our masks lined up for our hopeful trip in July. Just wanna be stocked up anyway.

It takes a while. I have another batch of masks coming that I ordered almost three weeks ago.

You're very welcome! They aren't perfect, no mask is, but man are they way better than my other fabric masks. I'm going to get an antibody test tomorrow (I tested positive for covid 19 back in March, they are looking to see what my antibody levels are two months out), and plan to wear it to the lab and to run errands to see how it feels over several hours.
Let us know how your antibody test comes out! I had mine done last week and it was negative. Our family was sick with all the symptoms, but it was so hard to get tested at the time (late January) and living in New Jersey I was so sure we had it. My niece did test positive in March for covid-19, last week she had the antibody test and it came back negative. It’s so mind boggling.

In terms of modified experiences and character meets, I have young kids so I think about this more than ride closures as being a deal breaker, does anybody think there is any benefit to having a distanced meet and greet. I'm thinking like Merida's area in MK where the kids could go down in front and talk to her while she is still up on the platform. They can still get decent pics that way. Not sure if that is more of a tease than having it closed. It might be a little more difficult at the princess hall since it is a little tight in there depending on the group size. A lack of characters will be a bummer for sure.

Edited: Figured I would try something before the antibody talk grenaded the thread lol.

In terms of modified experiences and character meets, I have young kids so I think about this more than ride closures as being a deal breaker, does anybody think there is any benefit to having a distanced meet and greet. I'm thinking like Merida's area in MK where the kids could go down in front and talk to her while she is still up on the platform. They can still get decent pics that way. Not sure if that is more of a tease than having it closed. It might be a little more difficult at the princess hall since it is a little tight in there depending on the group size. A lack of characters will be a bummer for sure.

Edited: Figured I would try something before the antibody talk grenaded the thread lol.

I think there are a lot of cute ways to still do meet and greets with characters. You could put in some cute, appropriately themed decor to keep the distance and some up with some cute poses. Totally doable!

It’s still 100% of people in stores wearing face coverings around me. You’re not allowed in the store without them. And I’ve yet to see anyone putting them around their neck and only putting them on when people are approaching. Maybe they are and I’m not seeing it.

I do know that if Disney stands their ground on the use of face coverings, someone using “Yeah, but in my state, there’s a lot of people that aren’t using them properly, or at all” isn’t going to be an argument you’re going to win. If no states were requiring masks, and Disney was the only place in the country that made it mandatory to wear them, it’s private property, so they can make that rule. The masks in place are part of the union agreement. Many of their guest rules like not smoking in the park isn’t a union agreement, it’s a park policy. So something like that isn’t going to be upheld as strong as a mandate within a union agreement.

Maybe by the time Disney opens they’ll deem it unnecessary to wear the coverings, but let’s not look at what’s going on with the coverings around the country, because if you’re expecting Disney to not follow suit with the masks because some counties around the country aren’t enforcing them be worn or worn properly, it might be a disappointment if you get your hopes up that Disney won’t enforce them, and they still do

Exactly! There is NO WAY more than half will be wearing the masks correctly at Disney World this summer if required. They will have them on their chin below mouth. They will just make it look good to make that small group feel warm and fuzzy inside they are being protected. Half is a PR move for sure. If you dont want risk, dont go.

But the risk is different if everyone is following the rules vs 1/2 the people not following them - be it actual risks or perceived risks. Iger has said they need to do what they have to in order for people to feel safe and if I am bringing my family there it would be with the expectation that rules are followed (maybe not 100% as there are always rule breakers, but not 50/50) - so if I saw all these warnings signs and regulations about what is required to be at Disney Springs or in the parks and then Disney didn't do anything about 1/2 the people shirking those rules, I'd be a bit upset

But the risk is different if everyone is following the rules vs 1/2 the people not following them - be it actual risks or perceived risks. Iger has said they need to do what they have to in order for people to feel safe and if I am bringing my family there it would be with the expectation that rules are followed (maybe not 100% as there are always rule breakers, but not 50/50) - so if I saw all these warnings signs and regulations about what is required to be at Disney Springs or in the parks and then Disney didn't do anything about 1/2 the people shirking those rules, I'd be a bit upset
You nailed it! Disney has to have procedures to make us feel safe by what they're doing and what their GUESTS are doing. Disney is responsible for the actions of those in their parks and how it attributes to the overall perception of their safety procedures.

Alternatively, if you can't follow the rules put in place for community safety, stay home. Sort of like those who insist on smoking in public despite rules to the contrary.

The problem is people will *think* they can wear a mask in the park all day. And go fully intending to follow the rules. They will fly there. They will spend lots of money on their flights, hotel & tickets. And then reality hits. They’ll be in the park wearing the mask, sweaty and uncomfortable and say “I can’t do this” and pull it down or take it off and try to stay in the park. It is inevitable.

So, one thing I haven't seen discussed much (although I did just skip ahead 30 pages since I didn't keep up for a couple days) is potential policy changes for guests who show symptoms or test positive for Covid. Personally, I really hope this is something that Disney will address. I know there has been (somewhat sarcastic) speculation and hand-wringing on what Disney will do as to not letting someone into the park or removing them from the park due to symptoms, etc. I'm thinking along the lines of what will happen to resort guests who show symptoms or test positive? At that point, they're kind of screwed. I mean, what happens if I come down with it during my trip? I'm then required to isolate for 14 days - but where and how? I'm not going to be allowed to fly home at that point, so that's out as a possibility. Will Disney extend my stay? At what cost? What about food, etc.? What about the rest of the family? Would they be forced to stay with me in the hotel room, or would they move me (or them) to a different room? I can't imagine how difficult it would be forcing the kids to not leave a hotel room for 14 days, but what kind of policy will Disney have to accommodate this? If I pick up Covid while I'm there, I'm going to also be pissed to pay $500+/night to have to extend my stay by up to 14 days (not sure I could even afford that). Now, I guess the reason to not lay this policy out would be to deter someone who's exposed from going to Disney before testing positive or before being symptomatic just to "take advantage" of whatever policy is in place - but I just don't see what the attraction of doing that would be. I'd much rather be in my own home. I could also seeing it being a case-by-case thing, but I hope they are at least able to assure us that we don't need to be terrified of the implications of such a possibility. It's going to be inevitable that someone will come down with Covid-19 while on property.

This is actually one of my concerns for going. If Disney is requiring masks because health experts are telling them that it provides a reduction in the risk of spreading the virus, particularly to its cast members, then that's fine, regardless of the whole nonsensical mask "debate." My concern is whether a family member or I truly can't take it, now we're there. If the purpose is to provide some degree of protection to cast members and other guests from ME, then I'm not going to be that guy and ignore the rules. But that will seriously suck for the trip if it's just not manageable for us - now what do we do the rest of the time?

Along the same lines, however, that is why I've told my wife that I will start wearing face coverings outside doing yard work, etc., once it gets hot out, and have told the kids they need to to do the same. This way we can start to get used to it and also discover whether there's just no way it's happening. We currently have a trip booked for August (which I realize is still up in the air as to whether it would even happen), so we need to know what we can handle and start to get used to it, if we are going to go.

Personally, I would not have any issues with ANY meet and greets outside. I am not worried of the virus being spread with short (and potentially still somewhat distance) close contact with a character outside. Especially with kids (who are VERY minimally affected by the virus). I think the jury is still out on how easily this thing spreads via the air .. especially outside.

Waiting in a queue in an indoor space is another thing (confined space, air conditioning blowing and recirculating the air). But meeting Buzz in Tomorrowland, Merida in her alcove, the Toy Story Gang in TSL or any characters on the Town Square should be good. Have sanitizing stations before and after you meet the character. Treat it like a petting zoo. :).
Granted outdoor M&Gs are pretty rough during the summer, but that would keep the lines down, thus less crowded and more distant.

I would go in ready for a majority of people not be great at social distancing (a group of 4 people are going to take up a lot of space on 1 sticker thereby making staying 6 feet from the last person in that party very difficult because your line on the ground says one thing but 6 feet is actually much farther back than your line because of where the last person is standing) and to take m@$& off by afternoon (because FL). If those things would upset me or someone in my party I would not go, vacation is no fun when it’s spent being upset.

NEWS

"Disney is taking the reopening of Disney Springs extremely seriously, and will be creating a new team that will engage with guests who either have questions about the safety policy, or are simply not following it."

If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The Social Distancing Monitoring Team.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/05/new-...o-monitor-social-distancing-at-disney-springs

So, one thing I haven't seen discussed much (although I did just skip ahead 30 pages since I didn't keep up for a couple days) is potential policy changes for guests who show symptoms or test positive for Covid. Personally, I really hope this is something that Disney will address. I know there has been (somewhat sarcastic) speculation and hand-wringing on what Disney will do as to not letting someone into the park or removing them from the park due to symptoms, etc. I'm thinking along the lines of what will happen to resort guests who show symptoms or test positive? At that point, they're kind of screwed. I mean, what happens if I come down with it during my trip? I'm then required to isolate for 14 days - but where and how? I'm not going to be allowed to fly home at that point, so that's out as a possibility. Will Disney extend my stay? At what cost? What about food, etc.? What about the rest of the family? Would they be forced to stay with me in the hotel room, or would they move me (or them) to a different room? I can't imagine how difficult it would be forcing the kids to not leave a hotel room for 14 days, but what kind of policy will Disney have to accommodate this? If I pick up Covid while I'm there, I'm going to also be pissed to pay $500+/night to have to extend my stay by up to 14 days (not sure I could even afford that). Now, I guess the reason to not lay this policy out would be to deter someone who's exposed from going to Disney before testing positive or before being symptomatic just to "take advantage" of whatever policy is in place - but I just don't see what the attraction of doing that would be. I'd much rather be in my own home. I could also seeing it being a case-by-case thing, but I hope they are at least able to assure us that we don't need to be terrified of the implications of such a possibility. It's going to be inevitable that someone will come down with Covid-19 while on property.
The policy of what happens if you come down with COVID while staying at Disney property will likely never be divulged to the public.

I mean, what happens if I come down with it during my trip?

This is something I have thought about too. I didn’t consider staying at Disney for quarantine tho. But more like... how will we get home? I have assumed we would rent a car & try to drive home quick before getting too sick. But we are mid 60s, fairly healthy tho DH does have an increased risk die to a chronic health condition. I do not want to put our lives on hold indefinitely. Weighing the risks of going is giving me a migraine. :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter