Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are a business that depends on the good will of their guests. If this was a bait and switch for them to have cash flow and it comes out that they never intended to open in June, they will lose a LOT of good will.

It's shady. It might be business, but it's a shady business.

...Well, let's look at it this way...Disneyland continued to allow people to book packages for April/May when they knew they wouldn't be open. Disney World continued to leave their guests hanging (and onto their money) until literally last minute in April. Disney is a business through and through. Take that for what you will.

A near empty park is something that would really make me consider going. But I would have to be getting a really good deal on airfare and whatever package I would get. They would really have to find a way to entice me to get me to want to go with all the possible restrictions being talked about. Also in regards to the Magic not being there it would be limiting in that sense but Main Street is still gonna be there and to me that’s Disney Magic.

I get that - guess I just have to see if a setting with every single person in masks and CMs yelling you to "stay 6' back!" And ropes with keeping foot traffic one way will still *feel* like Main St

(Not saying that is what will happen but if it does just might not feel like Main St - and is a "broken" Main St better or worse than no Main St?)

They may not have a choice. They could keep DVC closed and only open cash rooms for a time. We don’t know but everything is on the table.

I don’t think that would work. DVC owners are still owners. I don’t see how they could keep them out if any of the other resorts are open. I could see them opening DVC before the parks/resorts with Disney Springs in order to try to mitigate the long term points issue, but I can’t see them keeping them closed if any other resort is open.

I don’t think that would work. DVC owners are still owners. I don’t see how they could keep them out if any of the other resorts are open. I could see them opening DVC before the parks/resorts with Disney Springs in order to try to mitigate the long term points issue, but I can’t see them keeping them closed if any other resort is open.
But will DVC owners even want to go if the parks aren’t open?

You are not alone. I'd wear it, but I don't like it - at all. You can't see anyone smiling. Reminds me of looking at Google Street View of the parks with everyone's face blurred out.

As for looking online at Google 360 degree Street View of the parks - yes it has come to that. Found a nice relaxing vantage point on a walkway next to the lagoon in EPCOT now. It calms me..

Hopefully this link works: https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/disneyland-disney-world-google-street-view

I also think people completely forget the fact that if people are moving their mask or taking it off while talking in the park or smiling in a photo, it’s going to seriously piss off people who don’t want to get sick and are doing it the right way.

Which will cause arguments in the park

I also think people completely forget the fact that if people are moving their mask or taking it off while talking in the park or smiling in a photo, it’s going to seriously piss off people who don’t want to get sick and are doing it the right way.

Which will cause arguments in the park
I think if they are that paranoid, they would stay home. You know not everyone will follow exact rules. Taking your picture in front of the castle with a mask on would be documenting this time in history!

I get that - guess I just have to see if a setting with every single person in masks and CMs yelling you to "stay 6' back!" And ropes with keeping foot traffic one way will still *feel* like Main St

(Not saying that is what will happen but if it does just might not feel like Main St - and is a "broken" Main St better or worse than no Main St?)
100% understand. Like the first time after 9/11 when I went into MK and saw OC sheriff on main street. I've gotten used to that now but assuming Disney will actually have all their cm with masks that's definitely more jarring

They may not have a choice. They could keep DVC closed and only open cash rooms for a time. We don’t know but everything is on the table.

That's going to get complicated. I don't see Disney opening resorts without DVC being in the first phase of reopening. If Disney keeps DVC resorts closed for an extended period of time and members cannot use their points, there is going to be a demand for compensation especially since Disney is charging maintenance dues on those points that can't be used. That's definitely going to be a legal problem I would think Disney will want to avoid. That could get very costly.

I personally think DVC resorts may be the first to re-open because members are not guaranteed park admission to use the points. So they can open those resorts and keep the parks closed and still fulfill their DVC obligations. Some DVC resorts like Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are also very spread out resorts. So social distancing there should not be an issue there.

As a DVC owner, I’d go. I have a Savannah View at Animal Kingdom Lodge booked for May and I’d totally go if it’s possible. If I have to be stuck somewhere, it might as well be watching Zebras and playing Pump it Up at the resort arcade.

Just looking at the May/June availability on the DVC website, it looks like a lot of people agree. There is some availability, but it’s not like any of the resorts would be empty.

Attendance will be reduced organically given the restrictions under which the parks will open, the inevitable recession we're entering, and the fact that many people will stay home because they won't want to risk contracting the virus.
Maybe...but so many people love Disney. I hope you're right, but it still would be an unknown until opening if we just go with "all are welcome."

I think brainstorming is a good idea for sure. I also believe as the weeks continue we will have more and more information to make better decisions as summer hits. We just don't know how opening things up, even slowly, will effect the virus. Not everyone is responsible. I'm sure Disney will be extremely cautious going forward, and the more information we have the better the decision making will be.

Its why I'm surprised so many would even want to go. The "Magic" is no longer there. It becomes a rides park

For me Magic is like when I go into Cedar Point and hear the screams of a coaster whizzing by.

So you would be surprised why so many would go to WDW because it would have no magic, and just become a rides park.

Yet for you, nothing beats magic from rides? :scratchin

So you would be surprised why so many would go to WDW because it would have no magic, and just become a rides park.

Yet for you, nothing beats magic from rides? :scratchin
I said that cause most the magic of Disney isn't rides, so if it becomes only rides why the rush to go for that? For me I would go cause all I go to any park for is the rides.

We would. But our points don't become available again until October.

But I wouldn't really want to use them in the summer anyway.

Now if this were to take place say in Jan/Feb/Mar, we would absolutely stay at BCV/BWV for example.

I've always said I could stay at BCV for a month in the winter and never leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter