Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect that it is true they need to prepare for a Nov 2020 opening. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. There is NO WAY they will be reopening with ~1000 people dying a day and doctors and nurses dying to save them. I think some posters here are enjoying the luxury of being at home and have no idea how bad this is.
Latest rumors say Disney is prepping for June as best case and September as worst case.

I fully expect that it is true they need to prepare for a Nov 2020 opening. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. There is NO WAY they will be reopening with ~1000 people dying a day and doctors and nurses dying to save them. I think some posters here are enjoying the luxury of being at home and have no idea how bad this is.

If there are a thousand people a day dying into June, that's another 51,000 people by June 1, and the worst possible outcomes and projections of the disease will have been right. You're absolutely correct in thinking that if we're looking at that level of devastation through June and through the summer, WDW will be far down on the list of anyone's priorities because it will have demonstrated that social distancing has not worked at all, and we can expect the death numbers to reach nearly 200,000. At that point, everything we've come to know about normalcy will have to be dramatically readjusted, and I don't think even November is realistic for a theme park opening.

I haven't seen anyone still suggesting that. The models suggest that by June 1 the national death rate will be closer to 50 a day, and while that is tragic, I think the general public will think the storm has passed. If the models are right, the national and Florida peaks will be at least a month behind us and at that point -- after being in a degree of quarantine for more than 10 weeks -- there'll be pressure to from all over to start interacting again. At that point WDW will open not in opposition to public and political pressure, but in support of it.

As a country, we've been taking this seriously for a little less than a month. Two more months is a LONG time.

Latest rumors say Disney is prepping for June as best case and September as worst case.

This makes sense, since we can’t make any new dining or resort reservations until June 1st. It’s strange, though, that they haven’t cancelled people’s May dining or fastpass or resort reservations from May 3rd through the 31st.
Wonder what they are waiting for?

This makes sense, since we can’t make any new dining or resort reservations until June 1st. It’s strange, though, that they haven’t cancelled people’s May dining or fastpass or resort reservations from May 3rd through the 31st.
Wonder what they are waiting for?
I think they’re waiting until they absolutely have to cancel that. That’s how they did April as well.

I think they’re waiting until they absolutely have to cancel that. That’s how they did April as well.

Right. I think I'd be shocked if they open at all in May. If they did, it would probably be to a rather small group of guests, given that nothing is open for booking now, and I assume there have already been many May cancellations.

Going to be a modified experience alright, in many respects. We go to Disney because it's an escape. Somewhere special where you can get away from the world and just enjoy your time with family.

It used to feel a little "germy" at times, but something that was just part of the experience with large crowds. Sounds dumb, but Disney germs didn't seem as bad as your local gas station bathroom germs. At Disney, just let me wash my hands before I eat and I'm good. Not going to be that way now. Maybe 5 years from now, but it will be a while.

I think it will kill a little of the "magic".

You don’t know me and need to stop making assumptions. You know what they say about assuming. Actually, I work in law enforcement and I am on the front lines of this mess. I have access to a lot more information than I could share or would share on a Disney fan board. Stop with the fear mongering and hype.

Then you’re not reading. He said that there was no way they were opening until November. Insiders have stated that September is the “worst” case scenario.
Maybe you could look up the terms "fear mongering" and "hype".

The PP expressed an opinion. I respect that opinion just as I respect yours.

I do not respect labeling posts simply because they are different.

Maybe you could look up the terms "fear mongering" and "hype".

The PP expressed an opinion. I respect that opinion just as I respect yours.

I do not respect labeling posts simply because they are different.
Maybe you should look up the term opinion. You aren’t giving an opinion when you use terms like “no way”. You are trying to state something as fact. Frankly , I am getting tired of both extremes of the conversation. On one hand you have the conspiracy theorists who think it is a hoax, and on the other hand you have the chicken littles who think it is the end of the world. It is possible to believe the struggle is real and the quarantine was needed while believing that it is no where near as bad as some would have you believe.

Agree to disagree. Forgive me for being agitated. This whole ordeal is starting to wear on everyone’s nerves. I haven’t slept in the same room as my wife or even eaten with my family in almost three weeks. Because I am on the front lines and must have contact with possible infected, I have separated myself from the rest of my household. It aggravates me when people seem to almost be wishing for this to go on forever.
It upsets me too. I work in a grocery store so I am around it too. I don't want this to go on forever either but I also don't want them to open up things back to normal quickly either.

How will the parks and the Disney stores be able to sell merchandise ? Mickey plushies etc...Vacuum pack everything ?

It upsets me too. I work in a grocery store so I am around it too. I don't want this to go on forever either but I also don't want them to open up things back to normal quickly either.
Fellow grocery store worker and it’s insane how people aren’t getting the memo to stay home unless it’s necessary

Thank you both for being there for your customers. You’re appreciated more than you know (and deserve a massive raise/bonus).

They masks - another story - would have to find another place to vacation if it means wearing mask entire trip
JMHO
YMMV

This!!! I have spent 8 hours a day in a mask for 15 years. It is so hot and uncomfortable.....and that’s just sitting in an air conditioned building working on teeth. There is no way I would take my family down to Disney and expect them to have anywhere near a reasonably fun time in a mask, let alone the fact that it’s 90+ degrees and humid. I have mixed feelings on the use of masks bc most people have no PPE training and it actually ends up being more likely that you’ll contaminate yourself bc of improper use - no way We just rescheduled our mid June trip and I’m thinking the same will happen for august, but still hopeful!

This!!! I have spent 8 hours a day in a mask for 15 years. It is so hot and uncomfortable.....and that’s just sitting in an air conditioned building working on teeth. There is no way I would take my family down to Disney and expect them to have anywhere near a reasonably fun time in a mask, let alone the fact that it’s 90+ degrees and humid. I have mixed feelings on the use of masks bc most people have no PPE training and it actually ends up being more likely that you’ll contaminate yourself bc of improper use - no way We just rescheduled our mid June trip and I’m thinking the same will happen for august, but still hopeful!
Yeah when I read how long that stuff stays on the outside of a mask (a week) I got very concerned about wearing one. You 💯 Can. Not. Fiddle with it. (Obviously YOU know that 😂 I say this as a reminder for myself in case I end up wearing one!)

And thinking about that- I’m waaay leaning towards no masks required on Disney opening. What are people doing with masks while they eat? Where are they putting them in their hotel rooms? They certainly aren’t throwing them in a washing machine. What happens when the mask gets wet in the FL rain?... It has the potential to become an object carrying disease and spreading it every single place it touches. And kids aren’t going to touch them? LOL. Can you imagine the masks that could be littered across the parks having blown away in wind or been thrown off by a kid... EWWWWW!!

Yeah when I read how long that stuff stays on the outside of a mask (a week) I got very concerned about wearing one. You 💯 Can. Not. Fiddle with it. (Obviously YOU know that 😂 I say this as a reminder for myself in case I end up wearing one!)

And thinking about that- I’m waaay leaning towards no masks required on Disney opening. What are people doing with masks while they eat? Where are they putting them in their hotel rooms? They certainly aren’t throwing them in a washing machine. What happens when the mask gets wet in the FL rain?... It has the potential to become an object carrying disease and spreading it every single place it touches. And kids aren’t going to touch them? LOL. Can you imagine the masks that could be littered across the parks having blown away in wind or been thrown off by a kid... EWWWWW!!

I have seen discarded gloves in the parking lot at the grocery stores I have gone to. I imagine people will do the same with masks at WDW parks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter