• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rugs-How long do you use them.

OhMari

WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
I got this rug 2 years ago at Pier One. Yesterday I went to the store and I saw they had the exact same one and it was on clearance. I didn't know if I wanted the same one or if I wanted a different color. I use this rug at my front door entrance. I decided to buy it and when I got home, I could not believe how worn out and faded my first one was.

I kept it clean, I pounded it outside, like our grandmother's taught us, I vacuumed it, and shook it out. I had a salesperson helping me, roll back up some of the other rugs I was looking at and he told me, if I got 2 years out of my carpet, I was doing pretty darn good.

So, how often do you replace rugs?
2815305_1.jpg

I have the same entrance rug and living room area rug that we bought about 6 months after we moved in... 8 years ago. :)

I'm sure they have faded if I put it next to a new one, but they look fine to me aside from few snags from the cats.

it depends on what they are made out of and where they are located. the rug under my dogs bowls gets replaced about every year. the rug by the front door is like 7 years old and is fine.

Throw rugs at the door, in the kitchen and bathroom, I replace after about a year and half or two if I get tired of them or if they start to look worn or faded.

We replaced all ours 3 years ago with life time warranty rugs from Macys. So if they fade, Macy's will replace them for free.

Last summer, I sprayed it with t with the hose and let it dry, maybe that is why it faded so badly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter