• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RT Transportation for 8 for one-time off-property trip.

kaze1sd

If you see my Alien Green paint chip tags, say hi!
Morning DISers!

We will have a party of 8 for our upcoming trip in September (staying at Pop Century) and will be fully reliant on Disney transportation.

During our trip we would like to attend a roughly one-hour mass about 7 miles away from Pop Century.

The way I see it there are a few options:
  1. Rent a high-occupancy (8 passenger) vehicle for the day.
  2. Rent two cars for the day.
  3. Take two Uber/Lyfts back and forth.
  4. Take one high-occupancy Uber/Lyft back and forth. Not even sure if this is possible.
  5. Van charter.
Don’t have much experience going offsite so this is new territory for me. Are there any veterans that could help chime-in as to the best way to handle transportation to/from mass? I’m open to any other suggestions (not listed above) as well.

Thanks in advance!
-Kaze and family

I'd go with #2 and not worry about the others. You can go to RideGuru - https://ride.guru/ to estimate your fare in advance. Most Uber/Lyft vehicles max out at 6, I don't see 8 as an option.

Now if you need car seats that's another matter.

Two Ubers or Lyfts unless you need car seats. We will Uber to and from BC to Mary Queen of the Universe, should be $18-24 round trip for the 4 of us. I can't imagine you'll be able to rent a vehicle for 8 people for less than $48, or 2 cars for less than $24 /each. Plus the difficulty/time in obtaining the vehicle and getting back to your hotel.

There's a great gift shop and Rosary garden at the shrine.

I'd go with #2 and not worry about the others. You can go to RideGuru - https://ride.guru/ to estimate your fare in advance. Most Uber/Lyft vehicles max out at 6, I don't see 8 as an option. Now if you need car seats that's another matter.

Two Ubers or Lyfts unless you need car seats. We will Uber to and from BC to Mary Queen of the Universe, should be $18-24 round trip for the 4 of us. I can't imagine you'll be able to rent a vehicle for 8 people for less than $48, or 2 cars for less than $24 /each. Plus the difficulty/time in obtaining the vehicle and getting back to your hotel.

There's a great gift shop and Rosary garden at the shrine.

Thank you both for the advice and for the link. No car seats needed. Looks like Option 3 (two Ubers/Lyfts) will do.

Mary Queen of the Universe is exactly where we are going. Thanks also for the heads-up about the gift shop and garden. Sounds like you’ve been before. Will plan some time to spend at both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter