• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RPR- the good and a little bad

momof2inPA

<font color=6600FF>DIS Veteran<br><font color=FF33
First, the little bad- our first room had a smelly diaper and trash in a trash can, but they switched us.

The other "bad" concerned my kids' food allergies. I had to send back two dishes to Jakes that were not supposed to have peanuts, but did. Also, the complementary snack they sent to the room was a basket of nuts, even though there was a big notation on our ressie (acknowledged by the manager) that said no nuts. Jakes' restaurant manager, after a long discussion, acknowledged their mistake and said they would try harder, which was all I wanted, but she also took 2 appetizers and a dessert off the bill, which was nice, too.

Now the good-- we LOVED the resort. Everyone who worked there and most of the guests were so incredibly happy and nice. The pool was just awesome, the palm trees, the Hulk movie, the fire eater, the hula dancer, the warm towels, I could go on and on. My family did not want to leave, ever.

More good, they let us check in at 7:30 a.m., and we used that front of the line access all day long for two days. We self parked so close to the entrance to the hotel, it was unbelievable. How wonderful, we will surely be back to RPR, and our relatives will, too since they joined us for dinner after a long day at the parks and were able to appreciate the wonderful atmosphere.

Sounds like the goods outweighed the bads.
I know what your talking about with the nuts. My wife has diverticulitus and HRH sent us nuts instead of cookies and milk.
What room and tower did you have? Good view?
Why did you switch? Checking in at 7:30 is awesome!

We switched rooms because of the stinky diaper that someone had left in the trash can. It just smelled up the whole room. Our first room was 552, which had an IOA view. The second was 615, which was closer to the elevators and had a view of the entrance to the hotel (which was actually very pretty). There were not any upgrades at check in because of the holidays, but the room we did end up with was still quite nice.

Sounds like a great trip so glad you had a great time can't wait for our turn:jester:

Just received a very nice letter from the restaurants director at RPR who said they had addressed the food allergy problems we encountered, and offered two dinner coupons to their Islands restaurant. Honestly, I can't say enough about their customer service. Very nice employees all around.

Thank you for the honest review. Things always can't be perfect, but at least they made up for it. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter