• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RPH Specific questions...

stego

Mouseketeer
on Memorial day weekend. I'd appreciate any and all help and information. OK, here goes.

We're planning on flying in earlier the week before, and staying at WDW. I've noticed a trend of travelers who do the same: go to WDW first, and then to Universal.

The information I've found out is that RPH is the lowest in price of the resorts. I'm of the old mindset-we're up at the crack of dawn and in the parks all day and night; so we use our hotel room very minimally. I've also found out that on-site hotel is the way to go for front of the line access.

We will be traveling with my best friend, who is a resident of Florida. He also is a member of AAA. We also have the entertainment book for OUR area, and not Orlando. Right now we're about 99% sure we'll be staying that Friday and Saturday night at the RPH on Memorial day weekend; however I do understand it will be very hard to get any kind of discount considering the demand will be high.

Anyway, I'd just like some idea as the best way to get a discount,
and how to go about making the reservations.

I know that going to Universal on Memorial day weekend is probably not the BEST idea. I wonder how effective front of the line would be? We would probably go to the parks for 2 full days,
and use the morning we check out to enjoy the hotel/pool.

Again, I appreciate any and all help. Please feel free to PM me.

Thank you.

I will be at RPR May 25-30. Maybe I will see you there! There are discount rates available for the days you want to stay. Call 1-800 BE A STAR and ask for AAA, Florida resident, Entertainment, FAN Club, and Annual Passholder (if you have one) rates.

As for the crowds, I would expect it to be a busy time. However, I cannot imagine it being any more busy than it was when we visited early last August. Wait times were posted anywhere from 75 minutes (Spiderman) to 120 minutes (Shrek). FOTL was great and extremely useful. We walked right on to some rides and never waited more than 10 minutes for anything. Staying onsite for this perk is invaluable. Plus the RPR is beautiful.

Entertainment and FLA res. will be the best available, if they are available.

we were there last year and with fotl access the crowds did not bother us at all. time in lines were very minimal.

extra time saver know when to use the single rider lines. Also knowing where they are helps. Sometimes they are not quiet so obvious. So ask an employee they are sure to show you the way.

We are going May 23-30. Leaving just shy of memorial day itself. but with fotl I am not worried at all about the crowds.

You can use any Entertainment card for the discount. I used the New Orleans one last year.

Lines are never a problem when you are staying onsite. FOTL is amazing..even during the crowded holiday weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter