RP or aventura kids room?

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
We decided to break up our wdw trip to include 2 nights a UO. We are debating between booking a cheaper hotel with a separate sleeping area for the kiddo, or a regular hotel room at RP for the fast pass and quicker access.

Any thoughts? Our daughter is 7 and a light sleeper, and we’ve always had separate sleeping areas (I’m also a bad sleeper). We currently have a shared space booked at port orleans in Disney but I’ll probably change to a one bedroom.

I feel like two nights should be fine (it’s at the beginning of the trip) and I’m thinking it would be worth it for the unlimited fast pass and location. Is that the experience of others?

***Not looking to be shamed about sleeping arrangements - this is what typically has worked best for our family.

No one will shame you for sleeping choices, why would we?

Do what works for you. When are you visiting? How is your comfort for long lines if you`re coming at a very busy time? Those answers might make a difference to you.

Personally we don`t go without EP, even at so called quiet times as we hate lines in any form despite numerous trips with longer stays, but many folks manage without them just fine.

Hagrid`s still doesn`t take EP if that is a consideration for your EP option.

Do what suits you.

For my family, expess pass is a requirement. We simply don't like lines. I also appreciate that less waiting for rides leaves time for other fun things like the Animal Actors show and (when my kids were younger) playing in Camp Jurassic.

Last edited:
Thank you! I think since we are only there two nights it’s worth a try sleeping all in the same room to get the express pass. We want her to be able to sleep in the same room as her for when we start doing more serious travel anyway.

And I totally have been judged on these boards for getting separate sleeping areas! To each their own, I guess, but we like space!

Thank you! I think since we are only there two nights it’s worth a try sleeping all in the same room to get the express pass. We want her to be able to sleep in the same room as her for when we start doing more serious travel anyway.

And I totally have been judged on these boards for getting separate sleeping areas! To each their own, I guess, but we like space!

Completely agree with you, why folks feel the need to judge others travel sleeping arrangements is beyond me, why would anyone care.

I`m all about the space and comfort too.....and EP is essential for us, so hope you have a wonderful stay when you do visit.

If it is in the budget, I'd go with a hotel with EP.

We stayed at Aventura this February and wished we had stayed at Hard Rock as originally planned because the lines were insane. EP isn't always needed, but you never know when it might be. We take chances and go without because we've had season passes for about 10 years now and have seen it all multiple times, but it would have been awful if our last trip had been a one and done trip. We didn't get to do hardly anything the crowds were so bad. Pretty sure we rode about the same in our week in February as we did in our two days in November.

Also, RP is closer walk (about 10 minutes shorter) and also has a boat dock on property.

If it is in the budget, I'd go with a hotel with EP.

We stayed at Aventura this February and wished we had stayed at Hard Rock as originally planned because the lines were insane. EP isn't always needed, but you never know when it might be. We take chances and go without because we've had season passes for about 10 years now and have seen it all multiple times, but it would have been awful if our last trip had been a one and done trip. We didn't get to do hardly anything the crowds were so bad. Pretty sure we rode about the same in our week in February as we did in our two days in November.

Also, RP is closer walk (about 10 minutes shorter) and also has a boat dock on property.
We are going to go with a 'regular' hotel room at Royal Pacific. Our flight arrives in Orlando at 10:30 am, so I think being able to quickly walk back and forth to the parks + city walk will be great, along with not having to wait long in lines. We only have 2-3 days at Universal, so want to make the most of it! We will be there first week of December (Sun-Tues for UO), not sure how busy it will be.

I think we decided to also stay in a 'regular room' (by regular I mean all sleep in one room) at WDW as well and just use the savings to buy Genie +. We will just prepare ourselves for the sleep situation in advance - maybe even test it out at a more local hotel for a weekend trip this summer. We usually go to sleep pretty early on Disney trips anyway - plus our flight leaves at 7 am on day one, so that first night should be easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter