Royal Suite for Christmas

I have no idea who would spend that kind of money on a cruise. i love all the comments here, though! I wonder if you can get 10% off that if you re-shop your OBB for the suite? Gotta save every penny you can! Don't forget the OBC with that, too! :thumbsup2

I have no idea who would spend that kind of money on a cruise. i love all the comments here, though! I wonder if you can get 10% off that if you re-shop your OBB for the suite? Gotta save every penny you can! Don't forget the OBC with that, too! :thumbsup2

Nope..no OBB for any concierge cabins...

I must interject. :scratchin

Are you all aware of how these PP sound? This is funny only to those that can't afford 50K on a cabin BTW.
It's all relative. This thread is almost demeaning to those that can drop 50K on a cabin for a week.
I'm only trying to present the other side of the coin fwiw. lol.

All our experiences, and levels of life, are relative. Some have food, others don't. Some pay 3K to sail, others apparently pay 50K to sail.
What difference does it make? Wait ... that was not a question, as I want no answers. lol.
Also, those that pay 50K may be subsidising our cabins, so be careful. ;)
Without these individuals your cabins could / will cost more. JMT.

Be nice, and gentle :)

:goodvibes

Now if I did Target gift cards I could save 5%.

"Yes, I need to pay for my cruise in full. I have $50 giftcards so that will be 960 of them..........."

:rotfl2::woohoo::rotfl2::woohoo:

Bu-wah-ha-ha

Actually, if we would have planned it, we could have saved up to 25% last December or on Dec 2011. ($10 Target GC with $50 purchase + red card) Hopefully Target will do the same this year.

Still, a LOT of gift cards...

I read no one being not nice or not gentle. Just having some fun. :goodvibes Sometimes ya gotta just giggle. It's good for the soul.

Are you all aware of how these PP sound? This is funny only to those that can't afford 50K on a cabin BTW.
It's all relative. This thread is almost demeaning to those that can drop 50K on a cabin for a week.

All our experiences, and levels of life, are relative. Some have food, others don't. Some pay 3K to sail, others apparently pay 50K to sail.
What difference does it make? Wait ... that was not a question, as I want no answers. lol.
Without these individuals your cabins could / will cost more.
JMT.

Not even close. With what ALL of the staterooms cost during the holidays, there's no way those two Royal suites are subsidizing anything.

With the layout on the Magic and Wonder, we used to see a lot of couples (2-3) sharing the room and splitting the cost, to make it a little more affordable.

The only thing people with 50k to drop on one cruise will be subsidizing now is other people's health insurance. :sad2:

Not even close......

I unfortunately was only follow the theme of the thread.

I understand your point unfortunately. That's your opinion. Those overpaying are not subsidizing other's fare... I got it.
If CL was not there, I feel fares would be more. It's standard, obvious, and often ...blatant, as I feel it is here. This my opinion. This is good. Others pay more in areas to help average out fares for all. IMO this is good. IMO it applies aboard. It's applicable elsewhere too in the world. I can respect your view that it does not.

Yet I see your point. The next lower cabin is 35K, next 25K, then 12K, etc.
I get it. I still feel these higher cats help keep the lower cats less expensive.
I see how that's a major discussion topic, which could be heated if desired, but I still feel it has validity, as it does in every day life unfortunately.

No offense , no direction, only opinion. Attempting a fateful neutral position. lol. I have my suit on now. lol.

However, I feel to $45 - 50 K was for the Fantasy for holiday a week. Where no one shares the cabin fwiw, as they can't, unlike the Magic Class, with 2 bedrooms.
I know this for some twisted reason. I know, as you do also, the Magic R would never sell for 50K a week. Unfortunately, because it's worth more than the Dream Class R , with murphys in the Lvrm. Of course that's another thread. lol.

I wouldn't say that I can't drop 50k on a week long cruise. It's like I tell my 17 yro and cars. He has very expensive taste. Just because I COULD do something doesn't mean I SHOULD. Sometimes I gotta use some common sense and laugh when life presents those moments. You can't tell me it costs twice as much to run the ship on Christmas week than any other week during the year. Even if the whole crew got double pay or some sort of Christmas bonus for that particular day that does not equate to double for the whole week. Food, fuel, etc. stays the same. Or, with holiday offerings, maybe a little above the norm gets spent on food & entertainment but the extra expenditures come back in a big way. Let's be honest, Disney charges what they do for holiday cruises because they can and people pay it. If nobody was willing to pay what they ask, if nobody booked, those prices would drop. As with all cruise lines, some sailings end up more lucrative than others. Christmas cruises are the cash cow. Disney's making the big bucks while they can. More power to 'em. It's the way business works. I'm happy for their continued success.

I wouldn't say that I can't drop 50k on a week long cruise. It's like I tell my 17 yro and cars. He has very expensive taste. Just because I COULD do something doesn't mean I SHOULD. Sometimes I gotta use some common sense and laugh when life presents those moments. You can't tell me it costs twice as much to run the ship on Christmas week than any other week during the year. Even if the whole crew got double pay or some sort of Christmas bonus for that particular day that does not equate to double for the whole week. Food, fuel, etc. stays the same. Or, with holiday offerings, maybe a little above the norm gets spent on food & entertainment but the extra expenditures come back in a big way. Let's be honest, Disney charges what they do for holiday cruises because they can and people pay it. If nobody was willing to pay what they ask, if nobody booked, those prices would drop. As with all cruise lines, some sailings end up more lucrative than others. Christmas cruises are the cash cow. Disney's making the big bucks while they can. More power to 'em. It's the way business works. I'm happy for their continued success.

Good point, and very true. We own our own business, and sometimes I wish we could get away with raising our prices during the holidays.....like florists do at Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, for example.

I unfortunately was only follow the theme of the thread.

I understand your point unfortunately. That's your opinion. Those overpaying are not subsidizing other's fare... I got it.
If CL was not there, I feel fares would be more. It's standard, obvious, and often ...blatant, as I feel it is here. This my opinion. This is good. Others pay more in areas to help average out fares for all. IMO this is good. IMO it applies aboard. It's applicable elsewhere too in the world. I can respect your view that it does not.

Yet I see your point. The next lower cabin is 35K, next 25K, then 12K, etc.
I get it. I still feel these higher cats help keep the lower cats less expensive.
I see how that's a major discussion topic, which could be heated if desired, but I still feel it has validity, as it does in every day life unfortunately.

No offense , no direction, only opinion. Attempting a fateful neutral position. lol. I have my suit on now. lol.

However, I feel to $45 - 50 K was for the Fantasy for holiday a week. Where no one shares the cabin fwiw, as they can't, unlike the Magic Class, with 2 bedrooms.
I know this for some twisted reason. I know, as you do also, the Magic R would never sell for 50K a week. Unfortunately, because it's worth more than the Dream Class R , with murphys in the Lvrm. Of course that's another thread. lol.

You're right......it's what makes the world go 'round. In the open market, there's something for everyone.

I have to agree with SweePea also......just because we maybe CAN afford that, (IMO) it would be really irresponsible in this economy, to toss that kind of money away for one week.....unless you're Bill Gates or Oprah or some such.

Without these individuals your cabins could / will cost more. JMT.

Sounds like you're one of the people who feels your suite is subsidizing the lowly cabins.:snooty: By this logic, the summer & holiday cruisers are subsidizing all the other weeks. I think what's most annoying about that word is that it implies that our prices were lowered as in a charity gesture. When really it's all about supply & demand. If they could still fill the cabins after tripling the prices on all of them, they would. If you choose to overpay, it's your choice. Don't blame the rest of us for it if you agreed it was a good enough value to pay it. You could always boycott the suites. :rolleyes:

You got to love supply and demand.... If your able to afford it great. I am in the cat. Of removing my kids from school 2 weeks prior to any school break to save 2-3 thousand. They are small enough. The problem is everything goes up around the holidays because thats when most ppl travel. Supply goes down demand goes up with it cost. Wheb supply goes up and demand goes down we get deals.... wow 50000 for a suite, I know that happens here on land too.
Majority of the population couldnt or wouldnt drop that kind of money, but were not talking about the majority, maybe someone royal or famous will be the one to be on board. After all some of those ppl dont mind droping millions on birthday parties whats 50K. That would be a bargain to them, not me that would be a new car. :)
This post started out fun with all the different price configurations... why are ppl so sensitive? You dont have to read the comments or make one.. you could however start your own thread.... if they were truly subsidizing the other cabins I think demand would go down and price.. still a family of 4 in a verandah would cost 10k and stay in a room a 5th of the size of the suites.. dont think its being substidize 5 of the rooms put together would cost 50K look same price as the suite...

Other than an interesting topic to look at the price when one actually is a available, the crazy part is they are rarely available. Someone out there is in a position to book them as soon as they are available.

When a previous thread was talking about concierge prices, I tried to find a royal on the Fantasy, in my search it looked like only one or two were open on the whole booking schedule. I had a hard time finding one, if had to guess, DCL could potentially get away with more for the room based on what I saw for availability.

cgolf

I have to say if I won the lottery tomorrow, I would probably (definitely) be booking this room since it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Those that want the experience will do it and those that don't want it will do what they want. I think it is crazy how much it is but I would do it if I could.

Although that is the equivalent of 24 smaller cruises for us...

Mel

Other than an interesting topic to look at the price when one actually is a available, the crazy part is they are rarely available. Someone out there is in a position to book them as soon as they are available.

... and there are two every week on the Fantasy, or over 100 per year. The cheapest I've seen them is for $25,000 for two. As to the fact that "someone out there" is booking this, consider the "1-percenters" we hear a lot about. There are about 100 million households in the US, so about 1 million 1-percent households. It only takes 0.01% of the 1-percenters per year to fully book out the Fantasy's royal staterooms. There may be few of them in relation to all of us, but there's definitely no shortage of people willing and able to pay for something expensive when the supply is only 100 per year.

Honestly, on the Magic and Wonder, my family has stayed in the Walt, the Roy and the 2 bedroom suites, but the only reason we did it was because we wanted the extra bathroom & beds because our kids (one boy, one girl) can't share. And we didn't want to put them in a room of their own.

Personally, they're just rooms. It's not really that big a deal. Everyone onboard is still eating the same food, drinking the same drinks, and going to the same places.
There is so much to do onboard, you might think you'd use the room more often, but you don't. And the balconies are so narrow, it's not like you can really sunbathe out there...or do much else beside walk back and forth.

We've paid far less for an Owner's Suite on NCL that had a huge balcony with a hot tub out there.

Everyone onboard is still eating the same food,

Nobody else is eating Palo via room service.

And the balconies are so narrow, it's not like you can really sunbathe out there...or do much else beside walk back and forth.

That's only on the old ships. On the newer ships, it's a full sundeck, with dining table, and a hot tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter