• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Royal room question at PO

Beckyb3

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide which resort to stay at for two nights before our cruise. We aren't going to the parks. We are just looking to hang by the pool. I have two girls age five and three. I was looking at PO for the royal rooms but it seems in looking at the map like they are far from the main pool. Is that correct?

Are there any other resorts you would recommend? I know beach club is supposed to be great but I may want to save that for a longer stay. Our last trip we stayed at AKL Kidani and loved it but I want to try something different this time. I am leaning towards PO, SS, or WL.

Put in a request for building 90 and it won't be that far at all.

We got upgraded to a Royal room a few years ago. Even as four adults, we found the room fun! The details are amazing and we all loved the fireworks on the headboard! I forget which bldg we were in, but we were a very short walk to a quiet pool and it wasn't a long walk to the main pool. You'll save some $$ over staying at a deluxe and I think the girls will absolutely love the room!

My DD actual prefers the quiet pools in the mansion section. Depending on your booking category & which building you get in it can be a bit of a walk. We were in PP on the back side of the bldg all the way at the end, and it as a long walk to everything! For 2 nights with no parks the walk is not bad... the walk was a killer after walking around the parks all day.

I think that many of the rooms at POR are an inconvenient walk to the main pool anyways. But depending on where your room is located, it could be a bit of a hike.

Just got home from POR. We stayed in the royal rooms building 90 also known as oak Manor. I say it was less then a 5 min walk from our room to the pool or to the main lobby. There is also a nice bar there is that is something your interested in.

We stayed in a Royal Room in December. Not too far from the main pool but not super close. Have you considered POFQ? They have a new kids splash pad that looks like a a lot of fun! They also have a new renovated food court with yummy options. If you do choose POR and stay in a river room you can walk to POFQ fairly quick to use those amenities as well. We liked the Royal Room but did not feel it was worth the higher price. We actually prefer the Bayou section and my kids missed the fold down beds that are only in that section. If you book a preferred room you are close to the food court, pool and are guaranteed a room with a fold down bed. Also, we did spend an afternoon at the Wilderness Lodge and fell in love with it. I think the pool there seemed super relaxing. You can also take the boat over to Fort Wilderness to do the Chip and Dale campfire.

We stayed in a Royal Guest room in July. It wasn't right around the corner from the main pool, but it wasn't a ridiculously long walk, either.

We stayed in RRs at POR a few years ago. I had a water view, my sister pool view, so we were at the section of the mansion most close to the main pool (and to the gift shop, QS, etc.). We loved the rooms and location. And as someone else said, we liked the quiet pool a lot and spent a lot of time there.

I have stayed twice, both in standard rooms, I don't think they are far. If you book River View you will be on the front of buildings closest to the bridge heading over.

Last edited:
We got a free upgrade to the royal room. And it was a hike for us. Did enjoy the room decorations but I only book Preferred at POR as it's close to main area.
I actually would suggest POFQ with your little ones. Great main pool for them, small intimate resort. U Can go to POR if you wanted ( bus, boat or 10 minute walk) ... as sister resorts they share.
For a short stay with little ones that d be my choice and what I recommend to friends/family. No complaints yet.
Enjoy ur visit whatever you decide!

We have stayed in Building 90 in a Royal Room. We loved it! The decor is so much fun. It was not a bad walk at all to the main pool and food court. Our room faced the quiet pool and we were on the first floor. It was really beautiful and at most there were three families there at any given time. I think your girls (and you) would really enjoy the royal room!

We stayed in a Royal Room a couple of years ago. It is a good room for little girls. It is not that far from the rooms to the pool. I would think no room would be more than a 10 minute walk. No more than you would be making the trip, I don't see it being a big deal.

We got a free upgrade to the royal room. And it was a hike for us. Did enjoy the room decorations but I only book Preferred at POR as it's close to main area.
I actually would suggest POFQ with your little ones. Great main pool for them, small intimate resort. U Can go to POR if you wanted ( bus, boat or 10 minute walk) ... as sister resorts they share.
For a short stay with little ones that d be my choice and what I recommend to friends/family. No complaints yet.
Enjoy ur visit whatever you decide!
POFQ has a childrens' splash pool for children 48 inches and lower.That might be something your children would enjoy. The pool slide at POFQ is smaller and from reviews seems more geared to younger children. Even if you stay at POR you can still use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter