• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Royal Pacific

treasuredude

Earning My Ears
We just got back yesterday. We spent one night onsite at the HRH and loved it. We got a good look at the RP and it looks awesome! My son asked if the next time we go to Orlando if we could stay there. You lucky dogs who get to try it out this next month are going to love it!

We will be there July 8th thru 15th, we'll be sure to post a trip report!:bounce: :smooth: :Pinkbounc

Could you tell if the pool was ready or not?? If so is there any slides?

I have talked to several reservation folks about the pool and they swear it will be up and running the first day (June 18th officially). By July 8th there definitely would be nothing to worry about!

I don't think there is a pool slide but if there was one it would be a nice bonus. I believe they mention a "kids area" but no slide. You can always pool hop to one of the other resorts for a slide experience!

We will try out the new place for everyone on June 25th.

Debbie

The pool looked great. I did not notice a slide. We stayed at the HRH and they do have a slide. My 14 year old went down it once and that was it. I asked him about it later and he said that after all the rides in the parks, the slide was boring.

It's not going to have a slide! :( But it will be the largest pool in Orlando!
When I booked my trip for June, the reservationist told me they are going to open June 15th now!

Yeah! I'm so excited to see more and more infor on this hotel since we will be there in Dec. Can't wait to hear first hand accounts!

I did a tour there last week and it was looking in excellent shape. The rooms are quite magnificently appointed and the whole style is very Balinese. I would say it is definitely on a par with the HRH in terms of quality and kids will just LOVE the pool - zero depth entry at one end with a whole water play area shaped like a ship, with fountains, squirt cannons and sprinklers, plus a 'lifeboat' that fills with water and tips up at regular intervals. The reception area is very refined and the main restaurant also looks good, even down to having a separate kids' area with video screen and small tables. The Emeril's restarant Tchoup Chop won't open until October, but that's about the only downer, I think. There will also be a weekly Luau show with BBQ buffet, while many of the staff have been 'stolen' from the PBH, so high quality is assured. A really, really memorable stay in store for all those already booked! (The prices WILL definitely go up next year, as they admit they slightly underpriced it this year after 9/11 and by adding a bit more quality than they originally planned).

Not to rub it in or anything, but that $139 a night Club level rate I got in December for this August is looking better all the time. We can't wait to see the place! Thanks Simon for the early review, sounds really nice.

RobinLyn ;)

There's a full-page ad for Royal Pacific in the current "Travel Weekly" (a trade publication aimed at travel agents). It lists the opening as July 2, so I guess that they are looking at June 18 - July 1 as a test run to iron out the kinks.

Originally posted by Barry Hom
Who wants to ride Fearfall and take a look? :)

ME!!!! I actually already have, you get a great view of the pool area!

I just called about 1/2 hour ago and I got a pool view room at RPH for $149 for 7/19. This was an AP rate.

The only catch with the Entertainment rate is that there is a 3 night minimum. We only wanted 2 nights, but had to go with a third to get the $99 non pool view deal.

Buschfan, we got the Entertainment rate for 1 night (July 1st) without any problem and I'm sure I've read many other people getting this rate for 1 or 2 night stays.

We got Ent rate for 2 nights; 8/23 & 24 - at RP- 109.- pool view. I called through the Loews #.

We have 2 nights booked in August at $99 (entertainment rate).
They never mentioned any minimum stay to us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter