Royal Pacific Club Level, Lots of Questions!

taylor1293

Do you want to build a snowman?
We stayed at HRH club level last visit, and though we had a fantastic visit, we'd like to try RPH Club Level this time.

Has anyone stayed club level at both? And did you prefer one resort over another? Also, is it set up the same way with the club level on just one floor or is it on multiple floors?

What are the views from the club level rooms? Do they just have regular rooms or do they have suites?

One more question! Do they have cabana's at RPH and would it be a waste of our time to rent one in January?

Thanks!

Teresa

but stayed at the RPR and loved it!!!! People have reported that the club level is top notch...even better than the HRH. So if you loved the HRH you will enjoy the RPR. Club level is in only one tower on the 7th floor. Club level rooms can face water or garden. I don't think there are suites on club level, but I could be wrong.

The RPR has cabanas and they are great. Just like HRH. In January it can be cold so I would reserve one if you would like it and cancel closer in so you can get the one you want if you end up getting it.

Hope you enjoy your stay and hope this info helps but I would also like to ask of you:

When did you stay at HRH? We are planning this hotel for our next trip.

What did you think of the rooms, service and club level?

Is there anything there you did not like?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the help! I will go ahead and reserve a cabana after I make my reservation.

Are there many cabanas at RPH? Do you know if they are similar in cost and size to HRH's? Do you know where I can find a RPH resort map?

I'd be happy to answer some HRH questions!

We loved HRH!!! Our room was very nice. There were 5 of us, and I didn't feel crowded. Plenty of drawer space for all of us.

The club level was fantasic. Having soda and water available all day was such a benefit. The evening offerings included wine, beer, cheese, veggies, and one hot appetizer. Evening desserts varied each night, usually cookies and sometimes brownies.

My complaints about our stay at HRH are as follows (and I consider all of these minor):

One employee in the club lounge. She was a bit snotty, but I noticed she was that way to everyone, so I didn't take it personally ;). DH was quite offended by her attitude though.

The girls in the fitness center. Trying to check in for our cabana was a bit frustrating. They were sincerely clueless about anything :(.

Plus, I was irritated that when we got to our cabana someone had been using it (surprisingly they didn't steal anything out of the fridge) so we ended up cleaning up their garbage and used towels ourselves. This should have been noticed by HRH staff.

Like I said, these are minor issues to me. We had a spectacular visit to HRH and look forward to returning there again someday :)!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Teresa

I saw about 4 cabanas when I was there, but I think there are more. They are the same cost as the HRH, but they don't have themed ones where the HRH does now. As for the resort map, there might be one on www.universalstudios.com.

How long ago did you stay at the HRH?

We are contemplating club level, but even that has been getting bum reviews lately.

Thanks again and let me know if I can answer any other questions. The RPH is an awesome hotel.

We rented a cabana at the RPR, they are alot smaller than the cabanas at the HRH and there are only 3 of them, so book early.

Patty

Thanks!

We stayed there 3 months ago. I haven't been reading the HRH reviews lately but I think I'll check them out.

IMO, with the right discount rate it is definitely worth it.

Teresa

We stayed in room 3727 on club level. Our view was of a big pond w/lily pads and ducks and palm trees lining all sides. Beyond that we could see I-4 and in the distance WetnWild. THe opposite side of the hallway for poolview appeared to be all suites (bali, 1st captain, etc.) We found our view to be very relaxing. I'm not sure what the views would be on the "other side of the y" As far as the club lounge, plenty of fruits, dry cereal, bagels w/3kinds of cream cheese (incl. mango) hot, iced cinnamon buns for breakfast. In the afternoon, there were all kind of veggies and dip, crackers/cheese, sometimes nachos, and usually some type of hot dish. At night "dessert time" was cookies, fudge, etc. (usually missed this by being at the park, but Kawelo made sure my boys got cookies!) Between 5 and 7 there is "happy hour" w/beer, Coronas, and wine out in a tray for free. You can get other cocktails but they cost extra. THere are always about 10 types of Earl Grey tea bags out, as well as coffee, decaf, coke, sprite, and water. As far as the cabanas, there are 3. #'s 1 and 3 have jacuzzis in front of them. We had #1 and really enjoyed it on our "down day" You can close the front off and open it from the back if you want a change of scenery.

Thanks for all the great information on RPH Club Level!!! I'm really starting to look forward to it!

Do you happen to remember where the other cabana was located? Are any of them close to the kids area?

Teresa

Do you happen to remember where the other cabana was located? Are any of them close to the kids area?

Teresa [/B][/QUOTE]

The 3 cabanas are in a line (separated by bushes/flowers) on the opposite side of the pool from the hotelside. THe #3 cabana would be closest to the children's waterplay area. I'm pretty sure it's the other one besides #1 that has the jacuzzi too. I was able to reserve our cabana on the same morning we wanted one. You go into the healthclub desk to reserve them. We didn't know until late the night before that we wanted one. So I got up early with my alarm for 6 am to get down to the hlthclb when it opened....found a note on desk when I got there "cleaning lockerroom, back in 15 min....arrrggh! and yawn!!! Paid to wait though, turned out that 2 of the 3 were still available! He said "the fruit basket won't be ready yet...and I said "that's ok, there's no one to eat it yet!" I also chose the kinds of sodas that would be stocked in the fridge for us. Then I went up to the room and back to bed until the rest of the family got up. Now, I'm sure if you don't wait til the last minute like we did, you can reserve a couple of days ahead of time with no problem.....and at a decent hour too!

We have stayed on Club level at RPR many times. (more then anyone according to the staff! LOL). We have had a suite, they are called Royal suites. I think there are only three suites on that level.
The cabanas are very small & not worth it IMO. Two are right next to the hot tubs and there are too many people very close to them. Club level has evry kind of view, same as any other floor. The bummer is you can't book a view. I found club at RPR much nicer then HRH. It's a lot smaller, only 42 rooms. The staff is outstanding which is really what makes it so nice. They will go out of thier way to do anything for you. It's very similar to HRH's club in the food dept.
The rooms are slightly smaller then HRH's rooms. We usually get a king with a queen sofa-bed. this gives us more space when the bed is closeed. We only have two kids and they will sleep together, so it's fine for us.

Eclpz314 - LOL about the note at the fitness center! I'm glad you got your cabana though!

CPM - thanks for the info about the suites, staff, and cabanas. That is terrific that you are able to travel so often to Universal!

Teresa

CPM - thanks for the info about the suites, staff, and cabanas. That is terrific that you are able to travel so often to Universal!
Teresa [/B]

Well, you know now that we live in FL it's different. We used to go to Orlando on vacation and stay two weeks. Now we come up for weekends, two three days at a time max. We're actually coming up in Nov. for our 10th anniversary and staying a week! The first time in a long time it will be that long! And, no kids at that! LOL

Originally posted by CPM
Well, you know now that we live in FL it's different. We used to go to Orlando on vacation and stay two weeks. Now we come up for weekends, two three days at a time max. We're actually coming up in Nov. for our 10th anniversary and staying a week! The first time in a long time it will be that long! And, no kids at that! LOL

A week in Orlando without the kids! That should be relaxing! DH and I just went out for one night on our last trip (MIL came with us and watched the kids) and it was WONDERFUL!

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter