• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Royal carriage swap-#1 STROLLER-MISSING-FOUND-MISSING AGAIN

What are the three most important accessories to you, as a swapper?

• Stroller storage bag for stroller's protection

• The Kiddopotamus Sun Shade-extra shade, stroller has a standard shade

• A fan that attaches to the stroller with batteries

• Mommy hook

• Tire Pump and gauge

• Double Rain Cover

• Instruction booklet

• Fix-a-flate for tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now...no...until I know the swap is back on track. My luck I would and the darn thing will go missing again or be stranded at CBR until I get there in two weeks.:rotfl:

Gilliansmommy PM'd that they have decided to take their double because of the issues with #1. I totally understand as the seat is in bad shape...needing sewn again.

I have a one day overlap in #2 and the big overlap in #5 but I also have a swapper who hasn't read the last two PMs (as shown on my end) so if I can't get a response soon, those two overlaps can be moved to #5 safely with only the 1 day overlap on your last day there.

So that takes me to Disinsept and Goff1029. If I can get the swap back in full swing, Disinsept will be getting two strollers and she can leave #1 with goff1029 as originally planned and give #3 to Tinkerbelle21 as now planned.

Ok...someone correct me as I am getting confused myself...lol

We sent the extra frame down to replace #4 which was on it's last leg. Jenok0426 was kind enough to take everything off #4 and put it on the frame. Old #4's frame is in a box waiting on me at Pop Century.

#5 is needing replaced so when Disneynuts777 leaves tomorrow, she is going to leave #4 in #5's place and sending damaged #5 to me at Pop Century.

So at this point, I have a boxed stroller and a damaged stroller sitting at Pop as of 9/5/09.

ok...this leaves #1, #2, and #3.

#1 has been found but not picked up.

#2 is still doing good with the hand sewn seat

#3 has broken seats but a new seat has been ordered and will be installed by disinsept.

Soooooooooo since #2 has a hand sewn seat ad #3 has a new seat, I can leave #3 which will be in near perfect shape in it's place.

that leaves me with #1, #2 (leaving #3 when I get there), old 4 frame in a box, and old #5 which is damaged to bring home. Do I have this right?

So, what you're saying is that there is a one day overlap with me and Tish_PA & when we get there, we will now be in the RC2 swap instead of RC1, but we will actually have RC3 because the swap will be closed after you & it has a better seat than RC2. :ccat: "We're all mad here..."
Sounds great! DH & I have decided the kids will be too excited to even use the stroller the first day, so I'll just contact Tish_PA about swapping on the 4th and I'll send a new PM to my new swapper after me!

Please let me know you are pushing him so i can see it :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

and you are not alone on the OCD, i have my faxes ready to go in a few days, have called a few times to make sure its ont he ressie and i will call again, lol. have to make sure we are connected and close to parking for my mom ( and my back at the end of the day).

I am also in the OCD club. I faxed on Friday, called this morning and will be faxing again on Tuesday. Because I used a travel agent, I am told that the CM can not see me ressies. Eventually they will have to be able to see it and I am going to make sure they have my requests.

I am also in the OCD club. I faxed on Friday, called this morning and will be faxing again on Tuesday. Because I used a travel agent, I am told that the CM can not see me ressies. Eventually they will have to be able to see it and I am going to make sure they have my requests.

Disney will be able to your ressie 5 days before you arrive because that is when the room assigners start to assign the rooms to guests.

OCD is my middle name.....It just dawned on me that when they revert back to the 180 for dining ressies on oct 27th I had better be ready since I am planning on taking DD13 for her B-Day the end of Feb!!!!(If DH approves...I am still working on it!!!)....but I am using the twist that it is my B-Day as well.
:rotfl::rotfl:

So, what you're saying is that there is a one day overlap with me and Tish_PA & when we get there, we will now be in the RC2 swap instead of RC1, but we will actually have RC3 because the swap will be closed after you & it has a better seat than RC2. :ccat: "We're all mad here..."
Sounds great! DH & I have decided the kids will be too excited to even use the stroller the first day, so I'll just contact Tish_PA about swapping on the 4th and I'll send a new PM to my new swapper after me!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: The worst part of all what you said...I UNDERSTOOD EVERY WORD OF IT!!!!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Have fun!

Yep, that's right but the room assigner she can see everything. She/He is the only one that matters when it comes to which room you get...unless the computer tells the check-in CM to upgrade you....then you get even a better room than the room assigner gives you.

Disney will be able to your ressie 5 days before you arrive because that is when the room assigners start to assign the rooms to guests.

OCD is my middle name.....It just dawned on me that when they revert back to the 180 for dining ressies on oct 27th I had better be ready since I am planning on taking DD13 for her B-Day the end of Feb!!!!(If DH approves...I am still working on it!!!)....but I am using the twist that it is my B-Day as well.
:rotfl::rotfl:

LUCK DOG! Yep definitely start planning as Oct. 27th is going to be one crazy day! I bet the system crashes for sure!

Did you get a bounce back offer? I've heard there are two of them floating around. One for free dining next fall--even for values, and the other one is 40% off. Ohhh how I want that free DDP left in our room. I've got $200.00 laid back just for that reason!

Yes...there was a bounceback offer in the room for FD next Fall. It starts 8/15/2010-9/30/2010.
The flyer I got is for the mods and deluxes. I did not rebook for next summer as it will be my oldest DD's senior year in high school:eek::eek::sad2:
The mods and deluxes are being offered the basic DDP and you can upgrade to the DxDDP.
You can book the offer until you checkout or Oct 24th which ever comes first.

Hi everyone! Just caught up...

Maddi - glad you found RC1. Reminds me of the good old days in Feb with RC4! :rotfl2: Oh those were the days!:lmao:

Hope you all have a blast on your upcoming vacations! I am actually in FL right now! Visiting friends in Delray Beach. Very fun. Very hot! But anything's hot after Chicago's summer! The kids keep asking if we are going to Disney!

Have a great trip swappers - especially you Maddi!

I am hoping to be considered for the swap... We will be in Disney 10/25-11/3...from what I have been reading those dates were available...I don't have 75 posts but I'm sure I can get them :)

:mickeyjum

Hi, I have been a member previously but can not gain access to my account any longer as I have not planned a WDW trip in over a year. I read your requirements, and do not have the 70 posts available under my new account, but I have had two successful Fridge swaps and a coffee/toast swap at POP Century where they went off w/o a hitch. My husband is coming home from overseas so I am frantically trying to set up a big family gathering at WDW for Nov 22-24 and was hoping you would allow us to join your swap for royal carriage #5. We have a few small girls in our group and a toddler girl who will all need a little foot rest in the parks and we would like to be your stroller sitter for the week in November.

If you would allow us to join we would gladly donate an item to the wish list. I appreciate your consideration,

Robbinsgirls3 (Kelly)
DL 1999
DL 2001
WDW 2007 POP
WDW 2009 soon==!AS Sport

Hi everyone! Just caught up...

Maddi - glad you found RC1. Reminds me of the good old days in Feb with RC4! :rotfl2: Oh those were the days!:lmao:

Hope you all have a blast on your upcoming vacations! I am actually in FL right now! Visiting friends in Delray Beach. Very fun. Very hot! But anything's hot after Chicago's summer! The kids keep asking if we are going to Disney!

Have a great trip swappers - especially you Maddi!

Thanks! Where have you been?? Working again???

Trust me...I am beginning to feel like a pro at sluething:lmao:

In Florida and not at WDW...that is so wrong on so many levels! I vote with the girls....
...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney...Disney

MMMMM I wonder if it is working...Are you there yet?:rotfl:

I am hoping to be considered for the swap... We will be in Disney 10/25-11/3...from what I have been reading those dates were available...I don't have 75 posts but I'm sure I can get them :)

I'm going to be at WDW 9/15-25 to check out the remaining two stroller's condition. Post...post...post :)

I am interested in the online check in, but can you do this if you booked through Dreams Unlimited?

How far before trip can you do online check in?

TIA!!! :)

You should be able to as long as you have a ressie number. You can check-in online 10 days prior to your trip. The day I leave, is the day you get to check-in. From all the reports...you don't have to stand in line when you get to the resort. Just pick up your keys and folder and off you go to your room or to the parks. :)

:mickeyjum

Hi, I have been a member previously but can not gain access to my account any longer as I have not planned a WDW trip in over a year. I read your requirements, and do not have the 70 posts available under my new account, but I have had two successful Fridge swaps and a coffee/toast swap at POP Century where they went off w/o a hitch. My husband is coming home from overseas so I am frantically trying to set up a big family gathering at WDW for Nov 22-24 and was hoping you would allow us to join your swap for royal carriage #5. We have a few small girls in our group and a toddler girl who will all need a little foot rest in the parks and we would like to be your stroller sitter for the week in November.

If you would allow us to join we would gladly donate an item to the wish list. I appreciate your consideration,

Robbinsgirls3 (Kelly)
DL 1999
DL 2001
WDW 2007 POP
WDW 2009 soon==!AS Sport

HAHAHA Been there done that. I lost my old user name awhile back. Let me see how the strollers are...PM me your old username if you don't mind and I will get back to you as soon as I get from WDW. I have a wait list but I will check it out as soon as I know the conditions of the stroller.

Ok , it seems #1 is still missing. Please don't even get me started!

As in my last post of the missing stroller drama...CBR was to deliver it to Photolover in her room. I called back 20 minutes later to confirm and it was already on it's way there. I called the swapper and left her know it was on it's way via CBR to her room.

Well, it never showed up and I just found out today. :scared1: I called Disinsept and they picked up the #3 stroller but #1 wasn't there. Later, they recieved a call that it was going to be delivered to their room...well it was but it's clearly not our stroller. From what I could gather, it is a double city jogger (I think that is what he said as the was alot of background noise--enjoying the parks, I hope) Anywho, they have a stroller and are using it for the time being and will leave it for the next swapper--GOFF1029.

In the mean time, Photolover gets a call that they have her stroller and are going to ship it to her. Poor thing lives in Canada...can you imagine the expense of her shipping it to me or back to WDW????? She frantically called them and told them--NO NO NO DON'T EVEN SHIP IT TO HER. She tried giving them my information but alas, they wouldn't accept it since I am not there. SAY WHAT??? Things have changed is all I can say! That use to not be a problem but I can understand why they said no...it seems in the past 5 days, 3 of the Disboard swaps has had strollers come up missing at POP CENTURY.

Photolover then asked them to please send the stroller over to DISINSEPT. Hopefully they will as for as much as I know, it could be sitting in lost and found. Yes, it seems-from what they told Photolover, the stroller under her name is sitting in lost and found. GOOD GRIEF!:confused3 I've left a message with DISINSEPT to call me if the stroller shows up tomorrow.

Why couldn't this be next week when I am there. I would be taking someone by the hand and having THEM take me to every nook and cranny until I found our poor missing #1.

At this point, we have a stroller for the next swapper so GOFF1029...you are all set to go...just leave it for me and I will sort it all out when I get there.

OK...now for the fun:

IF ANYWAY POSSIBLE--STROLLER #2 and STROLLER #5 HAS GOT TO STAY OUT OF LUGGAGE SERVICES. IF YOU ARE THERE FOR ONE OF THE SWAPS AND THE OTHER SWAP IS NEEDING A SITTER...PLEASE CONSIDER STROLLER SITTING. IF ANYWAY POSSIBLE--AND I KNOW THIS IS DIFFICULT--LET'S TRY TO DO FACE TO FACE AS MUCH AS WE CAN. WE ARE SOOO CLOSE TO MAKING IT TO THE END OF THE YEAR. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO FAIL NOW AND LEAVE THOSE LATER MONTH SWAPPERS WITHOUT A STROLLER. RALLY TIME SWAPPERS---LET'S DO WHAT WE CAN TO KEEP THE STROLLERS OUT OF LUGGAGE SERVICES AND SAFE.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Well CRAP!!! how do they get it so confused, i imean really, these luggage services people should know better!!

It will be pretty much impossible for me and jazzi to do a face to face as she leaves early in the morning and we wont get in until late afternoon, HOPEFULLY in 8 hours they wont lose the stroller :scared1:

I know it will rally together, i just know it!! hopefully we can get back on track and fill the slots and keep the strollers out of LS for now

Maddi, you are doing an awesome job!!!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Well CRAP!!! how do they get it so confused, i imean really, these luggage services people should know better!!

It will be pretty much impossible for me and jazzi to do a face to face as she leaves early in the morning and we wont get in until late afternoon, HOPEFULLY in 8 hours they wont lose the stroller :scared1:

I know it will rally together, i just know it!! hopefully we can get back on track and fill the slots and keep the strollers out of LS for now

Maddi, you are doing an awesome job!!!

That or I am CRAZY! I just took over a POP FRIDGE SWAP!!! WTH AM I THINKING???

I'm hoping for just a lil pixie dust and I can get this resolved tomorrow. Something is going on at POP--it's the only resort to have lost strollers. I'm hoping to find out more tomorrow. 8 hours should be fine...plus I am making HUGE tags with my information on the to attach to the strollers while I am there. So when we meet up at POP we will be decorating the stroller while we are at it.:rotfl: I don't drink...but I might while at WDW once I get this all straighten out! Join me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter