Route 66 from Las Angeles

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
Would like to take a short ride along the Historic Route 66, I'd like some pointers to make the most out of the drive that won't take us too far from LA. We are willing to go up to a couple hours from LA, what sites are the most iconic? What should we keep in mind? Thanks!:car:

The end (or beginning) of 66 is the iconic Santa Monica Pier. About 20 miles from downtown LA. A couple of hours away from the beach won't get you to too many iconic sights. It cuts through Pasadena (site of the Rose Parade) but then nothing much except the first McDonalds in San Benardino.

I drove Route 66 from Santa Monica to Saint Louis a couple years ago when I was relocating from CA to DC. There's not much worth seeing and REALLY nothing worth dealing with downtown LA traffic over. If you can work through a midday trip to avoid a bit of traffic, go to Santa Monica - there's a plaque there and the pier is a nice place to spend the afternoon. Good food, a nice beach. Aside from that, you've got to get to Fontana (on the way to San Bernadino) to see Bono's Orange Stand and then into San Bernadino to see the Wig Wam motel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter