Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Who's Planning On Going?

Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Are you going to try an get an ADR?

• Yes - March or April

Votes: 32 10.6%
  • Yes - May

Votes: 55 18.2%
  • Yes - June

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • Yes - July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Yes - August

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Yes - September

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Yes - October

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - November

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - December

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • No - I will not try to get an ADR for this restaurant this year.

Votes: 76 25.2%

• Total voters
Yeah, I’m not thrilled about that little tidbit at all. Is the 2 hour meal the usual or are these outliers? I’m not interested in a 2 hour meal at Disney.
Yep, mine was about 1:45, closer to 2 counting check in and that. It was definitely worth it and we paced ourselves while eating.

With the meal taking about 2 hours, what do you all think would be a good time to have a reservation for to sit out the afternoon rainy time mid-September?
Maybe make the reservation for 2? Or would 3 be better to be sitting in a restaurant for the duration of the rain?
Thanks for your opinions!

With the meal taking about 2 hours, what do you all think would be a good time to have a reservation for to sit out the afternoon rainy time mid-September?
Maybe make the reservation for 2? Or would 3 be better to be sitting in a restaurant for the duration of the rain?
My hs night was perfect, we came in at 6 to dine at the bbq, it rained heavily outside and like 90% of the people left and fantasmic got delayed. Park was so empty that we were able to ride ROTR, Sling and Mickeys railroad and make it to fantasmic in time. We ended eating at almost 8

My hs night was perfect, we came in at 6 to dine at the bbq, it rained heavily outside and like 90% of the people left and fantasmic got delayed. Park was so empty that we were able to ride ROTR, Sling and Mickeys railroad and make it to fantasmic in time. We ended eating at almost 8
Sounds like a perfect night! That’s so fun 😊.

I’m wondering about the typical summer rains in the afternoons mid-September.
I feel like during our past trips it was usually raining/thunder storming between like 2-4 or 3-5 ish.
I’m wanting to time a late lunch or early dinner to coincide with afternoon summer rains.
Maybe I’ll make a 2:30 reservation to split the difference 😂.

We just changed out early dinner 4:15 ADR to 3pm. I didn't realize it would be a 2 hour meal when I booked it and we wanted more time between our meal and our Droid appointment. It still might be our "dinner" but I figure at least we'll miss the 3-5pm heat.

That sounds like a good plan.

Lol I just changed my vote from no to yes because my DS is interested in this restaurant.
It should be cute anyway.

We were there for almost 2 hours. I think it would be a nice afternoon break, but my toddler melted down over the length of time. We knew what we wanted and tried to speed things up. Food was delicious and filling. I'd love to go back when kiddo is older and can actually sit through it. They were running behind so it ate up a good chunk of our afternoon.

3:15 checked in
3:35 reservation time
4pm seated at our table
4:30 salads came out
4:50 entrees/sides
5:25 desserts
5:30 check
5:40 out the door

I'm suddenly re-thinking my ADR this coming Sunday at 6:30pm - it's a bbq place - why is it taking so long for the food to come out?!

We were threre last week, reservation was for 5:00, got seated fairly quickly. Out the door about 7pm, so a full two hours. The food was just alright , not worth the money in my opinion. Took to long for food to come out and get refills of drinks and food. Since it’s a preset meal you would think they’d have it all ready to go and you would t have to wait 20 minutes for drink refills or an order of fried pickles or coleslaw but maybe that’s their way of getting people to eat less and leave because it’s a time waster.

yep, I'm not sure where I can get good mac and cheese. I even tried the one at chicken guy and I couldn't not eat it. Everything else is bomb there though. I absolutely love that place so I was bummed their mac and cheese was meh

My daughter, who I would consider a mac n cheese aficionado 😂, says that the best mac n cheese she has had a Disney is at Regal Eagle in Epcot.

We went last week and we enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I wasn’t feeling well so I did not eat much. However, the favorites in my group were the biscuits, salads, roasted vegetables, brisket, and ribs. Least liked items were the coleslaw and macaroni n’ cheese. Desserts were ok. My husband and daughter enjoyed the Forky cupcakes.

This was a long two hour meal and heavy to eat on a hot park day. We would definitely go back, but not every trip.

We went last week and we enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I wasn’t feeling well so I did not eat much. However, the favorites in my group were the biscuits, salads, roasted vegetables, brisket, and ribs. Least liked items were the coleslaw and macaroni n’ cheese. Desserts were ok. My husband and daughter enjoyed the Forky cupcakes.

This was a long two hour meal and heavy to eat on a hot park day. We would definitely go back, but not every trip.
I agree all but the coleslaw, unless it was a bad batch I thought it was very well made :) I do agree (sadly) about the mac and cheese

For sides we got the coleslaw (loved), baked beans (really loved and I don't normally like baked beans), plain tots (boring but toddler ate them), and modified corn on the cob (again boring but toddler ate 2 and wanted more).

We got allergy friendly rolls and they actually came out really warm and were not dry at all. I'm the only one who ate the pepper jelly but I thought it was good.

Salads were good. Kids liked the watermelon. Husband and I ate the ones with vegetables.

We got the plant based entrees and they were all very good. I loved the cauliflower.

We got the peach strawberry pie for dessert and we all loved that too.

We were there for almost 2 hours. I think it would be a nice afternoon break, but my toddler melted down over the length of time. We knew what we wanted and tried to speed things up. Food was delicious and filling. I'd love to go back when kiddo is older and can actually sit through it. They were running behind so it ate up a good chunk of our afternoon.

3:15 checked in
3:35 reservation time
4pm seated at our table
4:30 salads came out
4:50 entrees/sides
5:25 desserts
5:30 check
5:40 out the door
Seeing this makes me so glad that we decided to leave EPCOT at 5:00pm to go to HS for a 6:40pm ADR so we can just chill out and take out time. Then when we are done we’re going to ride some rides while everyone is at Fantasmic. We then return back to HS the next day to have a full day there and to see Fantasmic 🙂👍🏼

Seeing this makes me so glad that we decided to leave EPCOT at 5:00pm to go to HS for a 6:40pm ADR so we can just chill out and take out time. Then when we are done we’re going to ride some rides while everyone is at Fantasmic. We then return back to HS the next day to have a full day there and to see Fantasmic 🙂👍🏼
We booked it for noon and intend to leave the park afterwards for our afternoon break. Figured we would probably be in a food coma anyway. :)

I was all set to try to book it until I read reports of dinner taking 2hrs. That's way too long for theme park BBQ.

We went today. Including arrival time, we were in and out in one hour and fifteen minutes. That was two and a half hours ago and I am still so incredibly stuffed.

We went today. Including arrival time, we were in and out in one hour and fifteen minutes. That was two and a half hours ago and I am still so incredibly stuffed.
Seems they might be tightening up timeframes.

Still glad my 60 days aren’t here yet so I can see some more timing

I like hearing this ::yes::
Our ADR is for 6:20pm and I’d love to be done by 8:00pm so we can ride some rides before the park closes. We want to ride Slinky Dog at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter