Roundup Rodeo BBQ - review 23.03.2023 (post #26) and pics

Thanks for reporting! So do you think it’s worth it? My son is trying to decide between this and Prime Time when ADRs open next week! He does love barbecue! Would you be inclined to go again?

Thanks for reporting! So do you think it’s worth it? My son is trying to decide between this and Prime Time when ADRs open next week! He does love barbecue! Would you be inclined to go again?

The brisket was great, the ribs were good, the biscuit was really good, tomato salad was good, the desserts were great (loved the apple pie with a hint of cinnamon).

But, I wouldn’t return for the food alone, I would return for the whole “showmanship” of the experience. The theming was cool, the cast members played their roles to perfection. It was cute.

Yes - it was worth it and I would go again. But probably not within the next year. I’d go with someone that hasn’t been before & would appreciate it, or if enough time has passed and I miss the theming.

I have been to Prime Time and it was fun but I’d pick this over Prime Time, especially for a BBQ fan.

Food wise it felt like Regal Eagle meets Hoop de Doo (but without the show itself). There is a cute little moment when it’s announced that Andy is coming! We are all toys in the restaurant. Your server will tell you what to do when the announcement comes :) [basically you have to freeze as if you were a toy]

I liked how they wished someone “happy unboxing day!” The theming overall was cute and the CMs did their part in promoting it. The huge pencil at the end was just a great ending to the meal. The decor is very Toy Story Land and the space is actually fairly big. Not a fancy spot by any means, but great to sit down and get out of the hot sun in the middle of the day.

The food is good overall. Nothing to write poetry over, but I’m happy with what we paid (45 per adult and 25 per child). Nothing was bad. It ranged from excellent to okay. The tomato salad was my husband’s favourite (it was good but I only had a small bite before he inhaled it) and my child only ate watermelon. I liked the biscuits with the hint of salt. The dip was sweet more so than spicy, it was very good with the biscuits. The kale salad was okay.

The salmon was excellent. The brisket was very good. Sausage was good, I wasn’t expecting to like it. Chicken was normal and ribs were normal. We only finished the salmon (which you have to request). Felt bad to waste the food but could not eat any more meat.

I loved the pickles. The corn had a lot of cheese. We scraped some off and then the corn was delicious. Beans were okay. Vegetables were good but normal. We finished most of the sides but didn’t ask for more. Only thing we asked for more of was the watermelon (excluding mint, which made it just watermelon with nothing on it, exactly as my kid likes.)

The desserts were a tad sweet for my taste but they’re fairly small. We tried all 3 of the pies.

The peach iced teas were very icy and wonderful on a hot day. Not too sweet which worked for me. Chocolate milk isn’t listed as an option but our server brought it so they do have it.

Not that anyone asked but I thought I’d add a comment about the bathrooms too. They’re to the left of the entrance (dining room to the right). There is a companion bathroom with a changing table.

I see you have the allergy tags. Did you talk to a chef to modify anything? I'm curious how flexible they are here.
We didn’t talk to a chef but our server spoke with us extensively and said he’d talk to the chef and checked everything with them before bringing out our food. Our allergy is tree nut, we had a brief moment of confusion when our meat and sides came out with a shellfish allergy tag. But they checked again and all was fine.

Our server did say they can customize and offer options for vegetarians and vegans. They seem like they would be accommodating. Only customization we asked for was watermelon with no mint.

Yes - it was worth it and I would go again. But probably not within the next year. I’d go with someone that hasn’t been before & would appreciate it, or if enough time has passed and I miss the theming.

I have been to Prime Time and it was fun but I’d pick this over Prime Time, especially for a BBQ fan.

Food wise it felt like Regal Eagle meets Hoop de Doo (but without the show itself). There is a cute little moment when it’s announced that Andy is coming! We are all toys in the restaurant. Your server will tell you what to do when the announcement comes :) [basically you have to freeze as if you were a toy]

I liked how they wished someone “happy unboxing day!” The theming overall was cute and the CMs did their part in promoting it. The huge pencil at the end was just a great ending to the meal. The decor is very Toy Story Land and the space is actually fairly big. Not a fancy spot by any means, but great to sit down and get out of the hot sun in the middle of the day.

The food is good overall. Nothing to write poetry over, but I’m happy with what we paid (45 per adult and 25 per child). Nothing was bad. It ranged from excellent to okay. The tomato salad was my husband’s favourite (it was good but I only had a small bite before he inhaled it) and my child only ate watermelon. I liked the biscuits with the hint of salt. The dip was sweet more so than spicy, it was very good with the biscuits. The kale salad was okay.

The salmon was excellent. The brisket was very good. Sausage was good, I wasn’t expecting to like it. Chicken was normal and ribs were normal. We only finished the salmon (which you have to request). Felt bad to waste the food but could not eat any more meat.

I loved the pickles. The corn had a lot of cheese. We scraped some off and then the corn was delicious. Beans were okay. Vegetables were good but normal. We finished most of the sides but didn’t ask for more. Only thing we asked for more of was the watermelon (excluding mint, which made it just watermelon with nothing on it, exactly as my kid likes.)

The desserts were a tad sweet for my taste but they’re fairly small. We tried all 3 of the pies.

The peach iced teas were very icy and wonderful on a hot day. Not too sweet which worked for me. Chocolate milk isn’t listed as an option but our server brought it so they do have it.

Not that anyone asked but I thought I’d add a comment about the bathrooms too. They’re to the left of the entrance (dining room to the right). There is a companion bathroom with a changing table.
Your post sums up exactly how I felt about it. Your food review is right on the money about each item! Uncanny

I’m in agreement even down to the when I’d go again, and why. My wife couldn’t make it, so I’d definitely go back with her or when friends/family come into town, or if fancied revisiting the theming.

The margarita was pretty good! I’ll contribute that extra 🤣

If anyone is looking for a review - you nailed it to a tee!

The brisket was great, the ribs were good, the biscuit was really good, tomato salad was good, the desserts were great (loved the apple pie with a hint of cinnamon).

But, I wouldn’t return for the food alone, I would return for the whole “showmanship” of the experience. The theming was cool, the cast members played their roles to perfection. It was cute.
Awesome!!! Thanks so much for responding!!

Great to hear, and thanks for the reply! I’m going to suggest they try it out!

One positive for this restaurant is the sheer amount of fruits and veg offered to those looking to eat vegan, vegetarian, or just more plant-based (or those with allergies). It's not just all processed impossible "meat", and that's surprising for current Disney, since they had been going the reverse. I'd eat all the plant-based meal apps, sides and dessert, and just take the salmon extra and plant-meal cauliflower off the main, and be very, very happy.

Thanks so much for the review! It is very similar to other reviews I have read reviewing the food. It sounds like a lot of fun :yay: With all the reviews, it makes me think of it as a fun theme with more veggies/fruit version if Regal Eagle and Whispering Canyon were morphed together.

I do hope that somewhere in the future they could add a to-go window with outdoor seating for some of the menu items a la carte.

Thanks so much for the review! It is very similar to other reviews I have read reviewing the food. It sounds like a lot of fun :yay: With all the reviews, it makes me think of it as a fun theme with more veggies/fruit version if Regal Eagle and Whispering Canyon were morphed together.

I do hope that somewhere in the future they could add a to-go window with outdoor seating for some of the menu items a la carte.
I would love some of the tomato and cucumber salad to go. Yum :)

How long did it take for this meal? I heard a vlogger say that they were there for 2 1/2 hours. I didn't know if that was typical time or just a bad night.

How long did it take for this meal? I heard a vlogger say that they were there for 2 1/2 hours. I didn't know if that was typical time or just a bad night.
We had an ADR for 1:50pm. Based on time stamps from photos:

I took pictures of menus at 1:55pm when we were first seated.
Our final bill photo at 4:06pm.
So just over two hours.

Admittedly though we took our time. Our server was attentive and at no point did we think “where is our food??” At the same time he also didn’t rush us out.

I wonder if they built in some buffer because it was the first day of officially being open.

We each wandered around for a bit to look at the decor and visited the bathrooms. We also took some time to people watch.

I was happy they didn’t rush us out. No one put the bill on the table with a “whenever you’re ready” lol. Our server brought it promptly when we asked for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter