Rough Itenerary

AudreyW

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to California for Disneyland and Hollywood area. I tried to put everyone's must do's into a rough itinerary but I'd love some insight is this is a good plan? I want a relaxed time, not rushing around since I'm sure we'll get easily distracted by things as we go, lol. I'm not really sure how far everything is from each other though. Trying to condense as much as possible though, since I don't want to take out the kids too long from school.

Day 1: Arrival day, Check in Sheraton Universal hotel
Day 2:
Chinese theater
Walk of fame
Hollywood sign
La brea tar pit
Griffith observatory

Day 3: Universal Studios
Day 4: Check Out. Warner Bros Studio Tour, Venice Beach, Drive to Disneyland hotel
Day 5: California Adventure
Day 6: Disneyland
Day 7: Check out. Home

Do you suggest renting a car or taking ubers? Particularly from Hollywood area to Venice Beach, to Disneyland. Any tips would great and suggestions where else might be worth going to.

Thanks!

I love the Sheraton Universal Studios and the adjacent Hilton . I used to check in and enjoy CityWalk first evening and then Universal Studios (quick shuttles from hotel to theme parks or just walk across bridge over the street but it is uphill climb. Then I would plan to go to Hollywood Bowl via taxi . It is then within walking distance to El Captain/ Hollywood Bowl area.
Taxi to return to Hotel. This was a few years ago when more tour bus vans were in business. I’ll have to check out this option Unless you decideto forgo the Venice Beach drive thru You could take the Amtrak from Burbank Airport to Anaheim to easily get to Disneyland. I would definitely recommend booking business class for Amtrak in case it is crowded to guarantee seats! And then taxi to your Disney area hotel.
I never took the Warner Bros tour but wish I had.Looks like a great fun trip. I hope you post a trip report. What time of year are your plans.?

Last edited:
Thank you for the train information! I will check that out, it does seem better than having to rent a car. We're going in October.

I love the Sheraton Universal Studios and the adjacent Hilton . I used to check in and enjoy CityWalk first evening and then Universal Studios (quick shuttles from hotel to theme parks or just walk across bridge over the street but it is uphill climb. Then I would plan to go to Hollywood Bowl via taxi . It is then within walking distance to El Captain/ Hollywood Bowl area.
Taxi to return to Hotel. This was a few years ago when more tour bus vans were in business. I’ll have to check out this option Unless you decideto forgo the Venice Beach drive thru You could take the Amtrak from Burbank Airport to Anaheim to easily get to Disneyland. I would definitely recommend booking business class for Amtrak in case it is crowded to guarantee seats! And then taxi to your Disney area hotel.
I never took the Warner Bros tour but wish I had.Looks like a great fun trip. I hope you post a trip report. What time of year are your plans.?

Since you said you are going in October, be sure to check the dates for the after hours Halloween parties at DCA and at Universal Studios. Both will close early for special ticketed events on select nights.

Since you said you are going in October, be sure to check the dates for the after hours Halloween parties at DCA and at Universal Studios. Both will close early for special ticketed events on select nights.

Good advice, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter