ROTR Strategy

Yeah, I don't think I want to wait until later in the day for the reasons you mentioned. I think we might try for rope drop, but abandon that if we feel like we're too far back in the crowd to get on the ride with a short wait. If that's the case I think we'll just watch wait times during the day and if it doesn't seem to get lower than an hour wait we'll just bite the bullet and pay for a ILL$. Although knowing my husband, he will not be able to pay that money in the moment, he will find it too painful! Lol!

It’s SO hard to imagine paying that kind of money for a ride. Especially since we plan to buy Genie+ also. 😬💲🥴💲

It’s SO hard to imagine paying that kind of money for a ride. Especially since we plan to buy Genie+ also. 😬💲🥴💲
Agreed! We’re buying Genie+ as well since I feel like we will get a lot more bang for our buck with that! Paying $80 for 4 of us for one ride though?! 😳

We have a crazy expensive toll road in our province to bypass most of the traffic around Toronto. Every summer when we go camping we have to drive through Toronto and get stuck in crazy traffic. Before we leave our house we always say we’ll pay for the toll road if the traffic is really bad….but then we get there and my husband just cannot bring himself to pony up the money for it! (To be fair I usually agree) I feel like that is exactly what will happen with ROTR!! 😂

Are you going multiple days? If so you should be fine to do that strategy but just try to do it earlier in the trip rather than later if you’re ok just doing it once because it does break down very frequently
We're going for 4 days- 2 in each park. If we don't get on ROTR on the first day, I may bite the bullet pay for ILL. But honestly a wait of an hour is not that bad- I want to check out the queue.

We're going for 4 days- 2 in each park. If we don't get on ROTR on the first day, I may bite the bullet pay for ILL. But honestly a wait of an hour is not that bad- I want to check out the queue.
The queue is definitely cool! If you do end up getting in standby when it’s really long check to see how backed up lightning lane is. If it’s backed up your wait will be WAY longer

The queue is definitely cool! If you do end up getting in standby when it’s really long check to see how backed up lightning lane is. If it’s backed up your wait will be WAY longer
We're going to be there next month (March 7-11) 5 days with park hopper passes and our plan is to relax and enjoy the time rather than making the mad dash to every ride. That being said - this is our first trip since Galaxy's Edge opened (and ROTR obviously). What would a backed up LL line look like?

We're going to be there next month (March 7-11) 5 days with park hopper passes and our plan is to relax and enjoy the time rather than making the mad dash to every ride. That being said - this is our first trip since Galaxy's Edge opened (and ROTR obviously). What would a backed up LL line look like?
To the right of the standby line is the lightning lane. If you look past the scanners there’s a path that leads into the caves. If it’s going at all outside the caves it’s pretty backed up. If you don’t see anyone lined up outside the caves standby will move pretty fast

To the right of the standby line is the lightning lane. If you look past the scanners there’s a path that leads into the caves. If it’s going at all outside the caves it’s pretty backed up. If you don’t see anyone lined up outside the caves standby will move pretty fast
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

We have a crazy expensive toll road in our province to bypass most of the traffic around Toronto. Every summer when we go camping we have to drive through Toronto and get stuck in crazy traffic. Before we leave our house we always say we’ll pay for the toll road if the traffic is really bad….but then we get there and my husband just cannot bring himself to pony up the money for it! (To be fair I usually agree) I feel like that is exactly what will happen with ROTR!! 😂

Ha-Ha!! Sounds exactly like my husband!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter