RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been in the parks so may have missed it (only gotten through the past 15 pgs or so and didn’t see it) - has there been discussion of upcoming Sunday plan with regards to the late EMH?
How’s THAT gonna work?? I wonder if they think they’ll get through boarding groups before emh and then maybe open a secondary assignment or, gasp, standby (!?!) group for resort guests?? Seems challenging to say the least...
I’m bummed we’ll now miss out seeing what happens, due to MVMCP plans, but maybe Sunday morning will just be a “normal” 5-6am arrival day then, and not the clusterflub it was last week.
Disney has said that RotR will NOT be a part of EMH, now what they decide to do is completely on them and can be done last minute.

It's supposedly raining the day we're planning to go. Could we have one parent wait first while the other one brings the kids to join in, even just 30 min later to help minimize the time they need to be out in the rain? One is a toddler and another is 7yo so they're fairly young. I would hate for them to wake up at 5:30am and get soaked in the cold rain for an hour.
I mean, could you do it? Yes. Should you do it? No.

Other people will have gotten their small children out of bed to stand in line in the rain, and it is exceedingly frustrating and, frankly, kind of rude, when not everyone follows the same rules. I got into it (a little) with some mom at Legoland, because she was allowing one of her five children to stand in line at Kid Power Tower, and then when that one child reached the front, all of the other four pushed through to "meet their sister". It was fun to explain to my four-year-old why he had to wait in line when other children didn't. I would bring rain gear like a previous poster said, or, if it's really not the right conditions for your kids to be there, then I would wait to ride another time.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to get Disney to change their BG to a later boarding pass than the one assigned? For tomorrow we want a BG that would likely hit around 3-7pm (no earlier than 1-3pm) ?

Based on the graph just a few posts earlier, that window of time could be anywhere between BG 40-115. Really unpredictable at this point.

We rode this morning. Arrived at 4:39.
Can't remember when bag check opened.
Arrived at tapstiles at 5:25 about 15th back.
They opened about 6:15-6:20. Tapstile freaked out wouldn't take me. Cm said it was the machine not me. Finally got through. Kept trying to get bg others around us were telling they got it. We had walked straight to the only cm we saw. She refused to help any if us with the same issue saying we may have to wait 10 to 15 minutes finally we got bg 13 without any help.
Called at 7:22.

Awesome ride!

It's supposedly raining the day we're planning to go. Could we have one parent wait first while the other one brings the kids to join in, even just 30 min later to help minimize the time they need to be out in the rain? One is a toddler and another is 7yo so they're fairly young. I would hate for them to wake up at 5:30am and get soaked in the cold rain for an hour.
You can do it but be aware that the courtyard fills up before the tapstiles open, having the one parent with kids have to navigate through sea of people (some of them might get angry) and a lot of "excuse me, my groups is in front" sort of situation
Also if you are doing this tell the people around that a party of 3 will join you later, so they know what to expect when the parent with kids arrive

Didn't mean to step on toes with my post about line cutting. I'm used to the Universal side of the board. Line cutting is not allowed at Universal (although weakly enforced), so as a result any discussion on how to circumvent the rules on the forum is also not allowed.

They opened about 6:15-6:20. Tapstile freaked out wouldn't take me. Cm said it was the machine not me. Finally got through. Kept trying to get bg others around us were telling they got it. We had walked straight to the only cm we saw. She refused to help any if us with the same issue saying we may have to wait 10 to 15 minutes finally we got bg 13 without any help.

Awesome ride!

That is extremely frustrating that they wouldn’t help you. Waiting 10-15 minutes is the difference in riding at 7am or 3pm. You shouldnt have to deal with that when you arrived so early.

Awesome ride!
This is similar to our experience yesterday. We kept getting turned away by the guest experience CM when our daughter’s finger would not scan and she didn’t show up as in the park. They kept telling us to just wait longer but we had already waited the 5 mins suggested. Meanwhile it felt like they kept helping others around us without even hesitating. I understand your frustration when you get up incredibly early and try and prepare and are still left floundering. I’m glad you were still able to get a good boarding group.

You can do it but be aware that the courtyard fills up before the tapstiles open, having the one parent with kids have to navigate through sea of people (some of them might get angry) and a lot of "excuse me, my groups is in front" sort of situation
Also if you are doing this tell the people around that a party of 3 will join you later, so they know what to expect when the parent with kids arrive
I've had this issue as an older adult, who can't walk as fast as my family. I hate having to say excuse me to catch up, but I don't want to lose them, to hard to find them again if we don't stay together. So it's not that I'm not there, I am, but they got ahead of me.

Th
I've had this issue as an older adult, who can't walk as fast as my family. I hate having to say excuse me to catch up, but I don't want to lose them, to hard to find them again if we don't stay together. So it's not that I'm not there, I am, but they got ahead of me.
Then it’s up to your family to wait for you. Your family should accommodate you, not other guests.

Has anyone tried to get Disney to change their BG to a later boarding pass than the one assigned? For tomorrow we want a BG that would likely hit around 3-7pm (no earlier than 1-3pm) ?
Today the boarding groups filled at 7:44. If past activity is a guide, you could try hitting the entrance at 7pm to aim for your preferred later BG time. Note that the BG windows are 2 hours, so I'd err on the side of caution to make sure you get one at all. If you do end up trying to enter the line later than your two-hour window, please report back as to how that goes. We're looking for a data point of someone showing up past two hours late to their BG.

Last edited:
That is extremely frustrating that they wouldn’t help you. Waiting 10-15 minutes is the difference in riding at 7am or 3pm. You shouldnt have to deal with that when you arrived so early.
Yeah, it would have been better for the CM to offer help after 5 mins. It sounds like that's all that's needed for the system to catch up.

Just a quick reminder that today's timeline is skewed by the fact that it rained really heavy around 5:30 to 7. They opened the park earlier to get people out of the thunderstorms and at this time there's still bg available.
If they are able to admit earlier than "normal" due to thunderstorms, is it possible that they would also open earlier than planned if the crowd at the entrance becomes exceedingly large?

If they are able to admit earlier than normal due to thunderstorms, is it possible that they would also open earlier than "planned" if the crowd at the entrance becomes exceedingly large?
That's what they've been doing, opening up early because of crowds in the front

We had a fairly successful morning in DHS. We arrived at 5am, and in line just in front of the ticket booths by 5:25am. There was quite a back-up to park our car. We got boarding group 15. Our group was called around 7:30am. We entered the physical queue at 7:40am, and were done at 8:55am. There was a 20 minute delay while we were in line. LOVED the ride! Can't wait to ride again.

My question is regarding those of you who have used DAS. We have some friends joining us in a couple weeks. They have a son on the spectrum who cannot wait in lines. As we waited in line to enter the park today, and then again in the physical queue, I just kept thinking about how there's no way this boy will be able to do it. If any of you have children on the spectrum, how have you handled the morning queue? That can't be avoided, right? Does DAS help when your boarding group is called in the physical queue? I don't want my friends to miss all the stuff that happens in the queue, but I don't think this boy could handle the wait that we had today. Thanks for any feedback!

That's what they've been doing, opening up early because of crowds in the front
For example, the 8am official opening times from 12/9-12/11 resulted in actual openings around 6:30 each day. If the crowds had been larger earlier on those mornings (say 2x), would they have opened earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter