RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick reminder that today's timeline is skewed by the fact that it rained really heavy around 5:30 to 7. They opened the park earlier to get people out of the thunderstorms and at this time there's still bg available.

My report from yesterday, Friday the 13th. I took a vacation day since I knew this weekend would be busy (last weekend before Gold blackout). Got to the parking gate by 5:20. Parked, through security (no bag) and in line by 5:40. I got BG 18. Walked on SDD and then my group was called at 7:17, while I was on Swirling Saucers. I was almost through the line when the ride broke down and had an extra hour of waiting. But with water and snacks and a Chewy meet-and-greet. Even with that extra wait, I was out of the park by 9:30 and on my way to AK for the rest of the day, including a FOP FP. Great way to spend a vacation day and well worth the 3:45 alarm.

We are BG 41, bands scanned at 630, rode rnr x2 and tot x2 all done by 720! Does anyone have any idea (if the ride runs without breaking down) when they would typically call 41? Not sure how long it takes to run through BGs! Have a great day to all who got in today!

I’ve been in the parks so may have missed it (only gotten through the past 15 pgs or so and didn’t see it) - has there been discussion of upcoming Sunday plan with regards to the late EMH?
How’s THAT gonna work?? I wonder if they think they’ll get through boarding groups before emh and then maybe open a secondary assignment or, gasp, standby (!?!) group for resort guests?? Seems challenging to say the least...
I’m bummed we’ll now miss out seeing what happens, due to MVMCP plans, but maybe Sunday morning will just be a “normal” 5-6am arrival day then, and not the clusterflub it was last week.

4:47. Plane landed
4:59. Deplaned
5:08 Board rental car shuttld
5:25 In rental car
5:41 I want a hippopotamus for Christmas (Weird song, right)
5:54. At parking booth
6:00 Through security
Couldn't figure out why I had that song stuck in my head as I got up to get coffee... 🤦‍♀️

This is the last weekend before the local AP blackout so there are a lot of locals here.

We're currently camped out under the SWGE entrance gate...since it's raining like mad. Deluge. We got drenched yesterday and we're happy to stay dry today!

MDX is not showing any BGs as boarding right now so perhaps the ride isn't up yet.
Ooh, I hadn’t thought about it being the last weekend before AP blackout (we’re platinum since we live out of state, so it doesn’t affect us.)

I had been planning on going tomorrow, but starting to wonder if Monday makes more sense. (I realize the blackout doesn’t start until midweek, but this is a short trip for me - starts this afternoon and I fly back to Michigan on Tuesday evening.)

Good luck staying dry!

We are BG 41, bands scanned at 630, rode rnr x2 and tot x2 all done by 720! Does anyone have any idea (if the ride runs without breaking down) when they would typically call 41? Not sure how long it takes to run through BGs! Have a great day to all who got in today!

That has been all over the map - from 10 am to 12 noon, depending on the reliability of the ride. Here are some stats for that:

Has anyone tried to get Disney to change their BG to a later boarding pass than the one assigned? For tomorrow we want a BG that would likely hit around 3-7pm (no earlier than 1-3pm) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter