RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all! Up early and getting ready to head over to DHS in the next ten minutes or so. Planning to be there around 5am. I get pretty severe anxiety in large, unorganized masses of people, so hoping we are early enough to be close enough to a touchpoint that there is some resemblance of a queue in place...

Hope you are doing okay!

It's supposedly raining the day we're planning to go. Could we have one parent wait first while the other one brings the kids to join in, even just 30 min later to help minimize the time they need to be out in the rain? One is a toddler and another is 7yo so they're fairly young. I would hate for them to wake up at 5:30am and get soaked in the cold rain for an hour.
I understand your concern. I have two young children too. Buy rain suits for them and make sure you have a rain cover for your stroller. They will be warmer and dryer if you do that than most of the other people in line. No one likes to be soaked in the rain for hours and lots of people besides toddlers have reasons why getting sick from being wet and cold would be a concern. Fortunately there are lots of clothing and other things that can help with all of that. You could also hire one of the in-room babysitters to watch your toddler while you all go get a BG, since your toddler won’t be able to ride anyway. Not trying to downplay any of your concerns, like I said, I’m in the same boat. But there are lots of ways to deal with it that don’t involve essentially teaching your kids that it’s cool to cut in line.

I was ok with this whole thing for our trip there on the 28th but they just changed the opening time to 6am. What time do we need to be there for that?? 4?

I was ok with this whole thing for our trip there on the 28th but they just changed the opening time to 6am. What time do we need to be there for that?? 4?
This morning, those who arrived at 6:00a for this 7:00a opening entered the park and joined available BGs.

Guests were allowed in the park, due to lightning, at 6:18. Disney follows “lightning protocol” when lightning strikes are within 7 miles of a park.

This is the last weekend before the local AP blackout so there are a lot of locals here.

We're currently camped out under the SWGE entrance gate...since it's raining like mad. Deluge. We got drenched yesterday and we're happy to stay dry today!

MDX is not showing any BGs as boarding right now so perhaps the ride isn't up yet.

Doesn't surprise me the crowd is this bad. Last Saturday for local AP's who have Gold and lower before blackout

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter