RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO best ride/experience by Disney or any other theme park operator both domestic and internationally. Beats Mystic Manor etc for me. The whole “experience” is top of the line. They hit it out of the park.

Mystic Manor is my favorite Disney attraction I have ever done, so your statement is pretty powerful for me

I see alot of people posting that after they tap into the park and try to join a boarding group their having issues with some people in their group not showing available or in the park. It doesn't happen to everyone so is it possible the ones having issues are from those trying to join a boarding group immediately after they tap without giving the system time to update and recognize those tapped in. I ask this because people are reporting people tapping in and instead of proceeding into the park and clearing the walkways, they just stand there and block the way trying to join a boarding group immediately after tapping. With 1000's of people trying to do the same thing at the same time, would it be better to wait just a few minutes after the last person in ur group tapped before trying to get a boarding group or does really matter.

Got it! Thank you!

The reason why people are talking about both things, is that it can take a minute or two for the app to realize you are in the park. If it seems like the app is taking a while (like longer than a minute) you can also go over and find an iPad cast member (all hanging near the entrance) to scan your bands and get a boarding group for you.

I'm not sure if "excepting" here means distributing or admitting, but by moving the official opening to 7am, Disney at least avoids the optics of BG distribution completing before official park open. I think we'd all prefer the official opening to return to 8am (or later).
Aloha,

Recommend not to speak for everyone. Personally, my family and I prefer 7 AM openings.

Aloha,

Recommend not to speak for everyone. Personally, my family and I prefer 7 AM openings.
Aloha! Was referring to preferring a later "official" opening time, not a later functional one, which has been around 6:35am regardless of 7am, 8am, or 9am official opening. Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:
There are 2 ways in which to join a BG:
1. Use your app
2. Find a Guest Experience CM to assist

Choose either one.

I would edit this to read: "Choose the first available" Look for cast members while checking your phone. It takes 5 seconds with a cast member to get a BG (it's incredibly quick and easy).

Mystic Manor is my favorite Disney attraction I have ever done, so your statement is pretty powerful for me

The sum of its parts reminded me of what made Disney the gold standard decades ago. It’s the most fluid, fun, story driven, cohesive experience (I think using the term ride is not appropriate for it) that I can recall at a park. They didn’t go for the latest gizmo or tech just because it looks cool. It felt like everything they did had a purpose and no corners were cut. It reminded me of the first time I rode Spider-Man in ‘99 and than some.

Is Mystic Manor an amazing ride? Yes, an outstanding ride. Is it an experience? Not, the way I felt after having done ROTR today. Again this is just my opinion. I went in with high expectations and Disney met and exceeded them. Not one CM broke character, they seemed to be loving working at the ride so kudos to them as well.

So I'm not going until next September. Any educated guesses on how long before this ride allows fast passes? Could it be a year or? Just wondering how it's happened with extremely popular rides.

I see alot of people posting that after they tap into the park and try to join a boarding group their having issues with some people in their group not showing available or in the park. It doesn't happen to everyone so is it possible the ones having issues are from those trying to join a boarding group immediately after they tap without giving the system time to update and recognize those tapped in. I ask this because people are reporting people tapping in and instead of proceeding into the park and clearing the walkways, they just stand there and block the way trying to join a boarding group immediately after tapping. With 1000's of people trying to do the same thing at the same time, would it be better to wait just a few minutes after the last person in ur group tapped before trying to get a boarding group or does really matter.
Both times I went, I've seen that most people are walking and using the app at the same time, so the immediate area after the tap styles wasn't too crowded. CMs are positioned in several locations up the street that can help as well. It's really just a couple of taps to try to get your boarding group and there's no harm in trying it immediately after the last person taps in.

I see that everyone is saying that cast members are out on the streets to help people set up boarding groups. Are the cast members by crossroads or down Hollywood Blvd by the Chinese theater?

OT...but I just thought of a question: with the ride being so incredible and groundbreaking, is everyone holding up their phones or iPads to video record as they ride? Just wondering if the lit up screens are distracting or if they block other riders. I know that everyone does this during fireworks.

I would edit this to read: "Choose the first available" Look for cast members while checking your phone. It takes 5 seconds with a cast member to get a BG (it's incredibly quick and easy).
Not all CMs at the front of the park are Guest Experience CMs.

Front Ops CMs with iPads, who are near the entrance, are there to quickly address problems at the entrance touchpoints. If a Guest approaches a Front Op CM, they will be sent on their way and thus ending up in a higher BG.

There was a reference earlier about the quickest (relatively speaking...) tapstiles to queue up for. I believe the recommendation was a few away from the extreme right. Does anyone possibly have a photograph of that location that you could post?

OT...but I just thought of a question: with the ride being so incredible and groundbreaking, is everyone holding up their phones or iPads to video record as they ride? Just wondering if the lit up screens are distracting or if they block other riders. I know that everyone does this during fireworks.

Not when I rode, no.

Just curious, how is this working for anyone staying offsite....any luck getting a BG? Or are they allowing everyone to enter that early?

Just curious, how is this working for anyone staying offsite....any luck getting a BG? Or are they allowing everyone to enter that early?

Everyone who is so inclined to arrive sufficiently early will get in a BG - there is no separate process for on or off site guests.

If anything, off site guests and/or on site guests who are driving have an advantage because they control their transportation time more so than on site guests who may need to rely on bus, ride share, etc.

Going in January with the BF for a day to see all Star Wars & HS. I'm a local AP & the 30 day window to make FP's is approaching. He will probably be a 1 day & done (at least for awhile depending how fun I can make this day lol).

Trying to understand & educate myself on the Boarding Group stuff (normally I avoid new rides for awhile). I know we'll need to get to park early to get in line pre-opening (already planned on that). But then when the park opens once we are both inside I sign us up for a BG. I assume it will appear on my Disney app or do I need to do something ahead of time? Or is it easier for me to go to a CM since he only will have a 1 day ticket linked to my account?

Once I get us a BG then what happens? Do you have any idea estimation when your BG might happen? I see you are notified thru the app. Can you keep track of what group they are on too? How long do you have to respond when your BG happens?

What about making FP's for other rides? I am hoping after we get our BG to then go get in line to ride MF & then explore the land/stores/etc. I think making FP's starting after 11am/12pm is safe then? Park is scheduled to open at 8am right now. I guess it depends how long the return window for the BG is? Obviously that's the MUST DO for us. TIA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter