RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the code starts with INT or M00 then yes. You'll have to visit Guest Relations on the day you plan to use the ticket to have it issued. It's under that file number, which is the easiest way for them to find it, but they can also search with name/address/etc.

This was from a few pages ago lol.

Does that mean no way to get 30 or 60 day FPs with this comp ticket? That kinda sucks.

For people who have had to miss ADR or FP+ due to NG being called or ride delayed, how forgiving are the CM and Disney being and what it the process to ask for “forgiveness “??

I wonder if more ride stress testing could be done prior ride opening. I'm sure its expensive and logistically challenging, particularly since the land is already open, but so is comps and PR and hits to customer sat. Would love to be behind the scenes to see to what degree technical modifications are being done on the fly yet (or overnight).

Nope

This was from a few pages ago lol.

Does that mean no way to get 30 or 60 day FPs with this comp ticket? That kinda sucks.

The comp tickets they are giving out can be used to book fast passes. Wareagles’ is different because Disney used the comp ticket instead of the AP so Guest Relations issued a paper ticket with a code.

**Timeline 12/13/19**
Woke up: 5:05 am
Got in Uber at 5:30am at VGF
Dropped off at 5:50am at HS
Through security (no bag) and in line by 5:56am
Gate opened at 6:40am
Tapped in 6:47am at turnstile
We got BG 21.

Got Starbucks.
Rode ToT - while in line our BG ping came through at 7:30ish.
Rode RNRC.
Made way over to ROTR. The ride was down, it came back up probably 25mins later.
Seamless ride through.

IMO best ride/experience by Disney or any other theme park operator both domestic and internationally. Beats Mystic Manor etc for me. The whole “experience” is top of the line. They hit it out of the park.

Last edited:

**Timeline 12/13/19**
Woke up: 5:05 am
Got in Uber at 5:30am at VGF
Dropped off at 5:50 am at HS
Through security (no bag) and in line by 5:56am
We got BG 21.

Got Starbucks.
Rode ToT - while in line our BG ping came through at 7:30ish.
Rode RNRC.
Made way over to ROTR ride was down came back up probably 25mins later.
Seamless ride through.

IMO best ride/experience by Disney or any other theme park operator both domestic and internationally. Beats Mystic Manor etc for me. The whole “experience” is top of the line. They hit it out of the park.

But how long was the wait at Starbucks? I still can't believe @yulilin3 's report of being 3rd in line the other day.

Thanks for the info. I would have panicked!!
When we entered, we tried for about a minute with no luck. We found a CM close by with an iPad who scanned our 3 magic bands and gave us our boarding group. The process with the CM was very quick and painless.

Thx for posting. How much time do you estimate driving saved you? 10 mins? I'm debating this myself for our trip.

It sort of depends on how fast you walk, and how much traffic you happen to run into while driving. I’ve made it from just outside security at HS to the IG at EP in under 10 min when we were running late, and that was with a 5 year old and a 7 year old walking with us. But, I am also a natural speed walker! At a more reasonable pace that the rest of my family can handle, it’s more like 15-20 min walk from the sidewalk outside BC to HS security. You also don’t have to wait for a ride to show up, etc, plus it’s free. Unless someone in your party has a significant mobility issue, I think it’s just as fast and far more reliable to walk over. We will be staying at GF on our trip so we will have no choice but to do the pre-dawn Uber/Lyft, but if we were staying at any of the Crescent Lake resorts we would definitely be walking!

Why is it closed for rain? Isn’t it all inside?
Just reread the context of your post. It was pouring and couldn’t make it to the entrance without getting drenched. When we got to the entrance, it was closed. The cast member at the entrance mentioned with the lightning on the area and other factors, he didn’t know when it would open back up.

Was just wondering, is there an app phone notification for calling your boarding pass? Or do they have an automated phone call or is it a text? I can wake up at 5am to get the boarding pass but I will have to go back and nap to last through the rest of the day. Will there be a pop up notification so my phone can be set to make an alarm so that I can wake up to head over within 2hrs? Or do I have to stay awake and babysit the app?

Was just wondering, is there an app phone notification for calling your boarding pass? Or do they have an automated phone call or is it a text? I can wake up at 5am to get the boarding pass but I will have to go back and nap to last through the rest of the day. Will there be a pop up notification so my phone can be set to make an alarm so that I can wake up to head over within 2hrs? Or do I have to stay awake and babysit the app?
You get a PUSH notification in the app when your BG is open. Then you have 2 hours to get back to the ride.

The comp tickets they are giving out can be used to book fast passes. Wareagles’ is different because Disney used the comp ticket instead of the AP so Guest Relations issued a paper ticket with a code.
The best way to avoid a future mishap for people who get comp tickets - reassign the ticket in MDE to someone else (preferably not visiting the park). You can always reassign back to yourself in the future, but this way it won't accidentally scan when you are using your normal tickets.

Sorry, I have been reading and I want to make sure I understand.

Some people they go to a CM to get a boarding group, and I thought once you enter the park you can just refresh my Disney experience and join via the app?

or am I missing something?

can someone confirm the process

Sorry, I have been reading and I think I want to make sure I understand.

So-me people they go out to a CM to get a boarding group, and but I thought once you enter the park you can just refresh my Disney experience and join via the app?

or am I missing something?

can someone confirm the process
There are 2 ways in which to join a BG:
1. Use your app
2. Find a Guest Experience CM to assist

Choose either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter