RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing I'm seeing the most confusion on from my point of view is where to get dropped off around 6AM. I've seen people say Boardwalk then walk over and other people say Hollywood Studios directly.

If I'm planning on being there between 5:30 - 6AM on Wednesday morning, which is the better option?
Studios parking lot. Once the lot is open, there’s no reason to go to an Epcot resort for drop off.

The main thing I'm seeing the most confusion on from my point of view is where to get dropped off around 6AM. I've seen people say Boardwalk then walk over and other people say Hollywood Studios directly.

If I'm planning on being there between 5:30 - 6AM on Wednesday morning, which is the better option?

Hollywood Studios front gate was extremely easy this morning at 6 am!

Im wondering if BG filling has more to do with the time of day and less to do with when they open. So if they open them at 6 AM it’ll stretch to 8-9ish but if they open it after 7 it’ll also sell out at 8-9ish.

What I mean is the later in the day they open (like yesterday) the quicker they sell out. I think it took under an hour yesterday. My guess is starting it later just means you have more people there to grab faster since the time is less prohibitive.

Yesterday, I assume BP's ran out in a half an hour because 1) (as you said) the later start time and 2) they already had a whole bunch of people in the park.

The park. The lot had been opened by 5am, you get dropped off so close to bag check too. Why walk extra?

Boarding groups are doing better today than yesterday
Today Monday 12/9 3pm ish
1794F43E-CF33-40C7-A97C-F29E1DC9051A.png
Sunday 12/8 3pm ish

E740A2C2-2F9B-4904-9936-5954335136CE.png

I forgot to mention after we got in at 6:30am this morning and getting BG 22, that we immediately walked to Smugglers and with a very minimal wait, we rode this. Right after riding Smugglers, We walked into Oga’s and had some jabba juice at the bar and our BG was called at 7:30! You do not have to wait 2 hours to ride after BG is called, you just HAVE 2 hours in case you need it. I think VQ worked perfectly.

thanks for this information, I’m planning to go solo as I’m the only one in my family that’s interested in riding. my family sleeps until 8am so I am thinking of showing up at 6am and am worried about when I will actually get on the ride then get back to the hotel (staying at beach club). Ideally I’d like to be back at the hotel by 8am. Sounds like if I arrive at 6am this is possible?

We're staying at Art of Animation this week and planning to go to Hollywood Studios on Wednesday and Friday.
Was up early this morning to go to Magic Kingdom for early morning magic. When I looked out my window at 5:45 this morning, it looked like the gondolas were moving. Don't know if anyone was able to ride it that early. Hoping that it really is running that early and we'll be able to take it to Hollywood Studios early Wednesday. Will post back here if we are able to.

If the parking lot is not open where and how close can an Uber car drop you off?

just to add in, I think the big debate about where to get dropped off was for the very opening day when people were planning (well, some at least) to go over prior to the parking lot opening which, I think was at 4am. But now you don't need to show up at like 4am anymore so the lot will be open when you go over at 5:30am or whatever

Our morning was fabulous! Requested a Lyft driver at 6:05 am. Dropped off at entrance at 6:27. We had bags, so got through screening, tapped in, and got a BG 29 by 6:37. Rode Slinky twice, TSM twice, and Tower of Terror. Boarding group called at 8:08. Got in line at 8:40 and walked off at 9:40. Much easier than anticipated and was blown away by the ride experience. Definitely worth the 5:15 alarm!!!!

This is my plan for this Friday morning. :)

We're staying at Art of Animation this week and planning to go to Hollywood Studios on Wednesday and Friday.
Was up early this morning to go to Magic Kingdom for early morning magic. When I looked out my window at 5:45 this morning, it looked like the gondolas were moving. Don't know if anyone was able to ride it that early. Hoping that it really is running that early and we'll be able to take it to Hollywood Studios early Wednesday. Will post back here if we are able to.

someone reported here that they noticed them moving this morning around that time but upon closer inspection they didn't have any passengers - so maybe just was morning testing or something

I can see Disney expanding the Sunday EMH for the rest of the month

Any idea when they will decide? I'm longing to replace our TSM FP with Slinky in the 8-9 hour if it suddenly becomes available. Then we can RD TSM and maybe MFSR while waiting boarding groups to become available.

Im wondering if BG filling has more to do with the time of day and less to do with when they open. So if they open them at 6 AM it’ll stretch to 8-9ish but if they open it after 7 it’ll also sell out at 8-9ish.

What I mean is the later in the day they open (like yesterday) the quicker they sell out. I think it took under an hour yesterday. My guess is starting it later just means you have more people there to grab faster since the time is less prohibitive.
I think BG filling is all done right in the morning based on what they think their max capacity will be that day and has to do with how many people per BG (I think they are adjusting amt per BG each day depending on how many people show up at what time when a BG is opened, ride downtime (amount of people that have to be evacuated, etc.), etc.. They are seeing what their max capacity is for the day depending on downtime and how the ride moves with the dynamic nature of disney customers and they adjust accordingly (internal testing is never the same as public testing).

We were planning to take a quick trip at the end of January and try to ride Rise of the Resistance specifically well for me. Other person on trip doesn't care. We might be down there in March again for other reasons and it will be far too near to spring break. But hopefully by then they should have some of the problems are ironed out.

I'm debating cancelling the January trip off Because it seems near impossible to get on the dang thing right now. But it is the holidays and a new attraction. It took me two years to be able to ride the Dwarfs mine train.
OMG...two years to ride 7DMT! It can and does happen. I don't know when I go down end of Jan. if I'm going to be able to ride. But...I'm going to try.

Based on everything it seems that people that showed up around 4:30am are only getting to ride 20-30 minutes earlier than those that showed up just after between 6 - 6:30am. If you're just wanted to get a ride in sometime before lunch showing up super early in the morning (e.g. before 6am) doesn't seem to have a real benefit. That said, you can't arrive anywhere close to scheduled opening if you want to be guaranteed a BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter