RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm going to Galaxy's Edge for the first time on Sunday and I'm coming from offsite on an EMH day. What time should I be at the front gate to essentially guarantee myself a boarding pass?

I mean, it looks like boarding groups are still open.....so that's an improvement, right? And they seem to be moving pretty steady. High hopes for Saturday!

The other non-EMH days managed to stay open for around 2 hours, 15 minutes from when guests entered the park, so that would put us 8:40-8:45'ish. FWIW.

I've seen reports on Twitter of lower crowds this AM and for at least the first hour wait times on the app looked reasonably low. Will be interested to see how far we get before the VQ closes.

The other non-EMH days managed to stay open for around 2 hours, 15 minutes from when guests entered the park, so that would put us 8:40-8:45'ish. FWIW.

I've seen reports on Twitter of lower crowds this AM and for at least the first hour wait times on the app looked reasonably low. Will be interested to see how far we get before the VQ closes.

Isn't this week usually a sweet spot for crowds? I imagine things will get crazy soon. It's a good thing they decided to open this between the 2 major holidays.

Does anyone know if the minnie van service will be available very early morning to get over to HS to try to get a BG for RoTR? Or do you just get regular LYFT? Where does regular LYFT let you out once in the parking lot - I had heard in past only Minnie van service lets you out close to where busses drop off? Or is it better to be dropped off at Boardwalk and walk over? Thanks in advance! Arriving Wednesday and hoping to ride before lunchtime on Thursday.

Does anyone know if the minnie van service will be available very early morning to get over to HS to try to get a BG for RoTR? Or do you just get regular LYFT? Where does regular LYFT let you out once in the parking lot - I had heard in past only Minnie van service lets you out close to where busses drop off? Or is it better to be dropped off at Boardwalk and walk over? Thanks in advance! Arriving Wednesday and hoping to ride before lunchtime on Thursday.

There's a ride share drop off area at every park but MK. It's much closer than taking a Lyft to Boardwalk. :)

Official Minnie Van start time is 6:30am. However I've been told they will sometimes put vehicles in service earlier for special circumstances if needed. But my opinion would be to not totally depend on MVs for early morning travel and to have a backup option or three - hard to depend on a dynamic/on demand service like that when it's stretching their normal operating hours and when minutes count.

Ok so I'm going to Galaxy's Edge for the first time on Sunday and I'm coming from offsite on an EMH day. What time should I be at the front gate to essentially guarantee myself a boarding pass?

If it were me, I'd do 4:30am to be sure as you can be, because you will have all the people who are park guests inside already and then hopefully you can be part of the group let inside to Main Street before or just as the queue opens as it did Sunday...

It's trickier than normal days though, since they've only had one EMH so far and they may (read: will) adjust how they do things this next Sunday.

If you really, REALLY want to get on the ride a Best Western Lake Beuna Vista room is $95 for next Sunday at the cheapest rate. Then you can get it with other park guests when you also go in at maybe 5am or so (seems like you could get there a bit later as you'd be through the ticket kiosks sooner)... it would be a lot more sure to my mind as at some point it could well be mostly EMH visitors getting a boarding group. You don't even have to sleep in the room, just check in the night before and get a room key (which you'll need to get in the park for EMH).

The good news today...BGs were actually available past the official posted park opening time... so that’s an improvement, right?

Also, wondering what the status is of grabbing a 2nd BG for the early riders. Was that possible today or only 1 per guest?

Ok, so a summary of today's results (all numbers approx by a few mins):

Actual Park Opening - 6:27 am (vs scheduled park opening of 8:00 am)
Boarding Groups Available to Join - 6:27 am (in other words, as soon as a guest tapped in their admission and entered the park)
All Boarding Groups Filled - 8:30am (approx 2 hours after the first guests entered the park)

So you got there at 4:40 but didn’t actually get in until 7:30?? Weren’t people getting in around 6:30?

They got in the park around 6:30am, on the ride around 7:30am (probably opened the ride around 7am or so? It was like that Saturday.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter