RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should those of us coming to DHS in early January (when opening is at either 8am or 9am) expect that BG will be operating and that arrival at 5am will continue to be necessary?
never expect anything. Continue to follow the boards. You can plan on that being the case bu remember to keep the plan flexible
there's still a whole month to get through, you se how Disney changed hours a day before, it can happen anytime

Eh, it leaves it pretty open ended as to how they’ll actually handle when boarding groups open up. Not knowing Disney, I think that’s how most people would interpret what it says, which is the logical thought process. But who knows if that’s what they’ll do since they didn’t explicitly say so. I think it’s still possible guests show up tomorrow and are able to book during EMH.

Agree. Based on what they’ve shown us so far, I’m not going to take their words as absolutes, until shown otherwise tomorrow AM. :-)

Last edited:
Oh man. MDE is going to crash hard at 9am tomorrow for everyone in DHS. I might make my mom her own MDE account and link ours to it so that if my phone can't get through maybe hers can.
Given Disney’s Track record I’m going to guess that MDE is going to crash hard for everyone, everywhere in the world, not just in DHS, tomorrow morning.. They’ve effectively just set up a system where they’re asking everyone in and around DHS to perform a DDOS attack on them precisely at 8 am.

Eh, it leaves it pretty open ended as to how they’ll actually handle when boarding groups open up. Not knowing Disney, I think that’s how most people would interpret what it says, which is the logical thought process. But who knows if that’s what they’ll do since they didn’t explicitly say so. I think it’s still possible guests show up tomorrow and are able to book during EMH.

Always possible, but since this wasn't for the general public but for CMs I tend to think they're more likely to stick to it. But who knows, CM's could wind up just as surprised as the rest of us.

1. So if boarding passes were reportedly gone yesterday about an hour before official park opening it means you need to be there well before the 45 minutes buses run before official park opening. This could theoretically give non-resort guests with a car a huge advantage at getting a boarding pass unless you take an Uber or Lyft.

2. Does anyone know if they have been opening at 6am-ish only to handle the crowds for early days of ROTR, or is it to also give people who they gave a free Park Hopper ticket due to ride failure a chance to get in DHS early to try and get on before their flight home on travel day? That's the dilemma we face. DHS will be our last day, but if ROTR is down again or we can't get a boarding pass that would be very disappointing. We only go to the parks every 3-5 years.

Interested in your thoughts.

Quick question

if I have fast passes and don’t use them at that time what happens

I wanted to try and get more tier 1 fast passes and don’t really want to go on the tier two ones again

Sometimes unused ones will clear on their own, sometimes they don't. I think you may be able to get that cleared up at guest relations if they don't clear. Easiest is to grab tier 2s for where you think you'll be (or modify existing ones to those attractions) and scan in without riding to be sure they're used up.

Always possible, but since this wasn't for the general public but for CMs I tend to think they're more likely to stick to it. But who knows, CM's could wind up just as surprised as the rest of us.
would not be the first time. Cannot tell you how many times CM tell me I'm better informed, which is sad

Are people finding that the ride has less issues with needing to evac later in the day? Or is it just random no matter what?

1. So if boarding passes were reportedly gone yesterday about an hour before official park opening it means you need to be there well before the 45 minutes buses run before official park opening. This could theoretically give non-resort guests with a car a huge advantage at getting a boarding pass unless you take an Uber or Lyft.

2. Does anyone know if they have been opening at 6am-ish only to handle the crowds for early days of ROTR, or is it to also give people who they gave a free Park Hopper ticket due to ride failure a chance to get in DHS early to try and get on before their flight home on travel day? That's the dilemma we face. DHS will be our last day, but if ROTR is down again or we can't get a boarding pass that would be very disappointing. We only go to the parks every 3-5 years.

Interested in your thoughts.
1 yes, but you do have the option of an uber/taxi
2 they've been opening up earlier since day one, when there was no guest recovery.

Are people finding that the ride has less issues with needing to evac later in the day? Or is it just random no matter what?

I’d say it’s about the same as yesterday thus far and day 1 was actually the best day. They averaged about 10 groups per hour that day. Today they are through less than 30 groups and it’s been open 6 hours, so about half what it did day 1. I’m hoping the afternoon is better like both of the last 2 days were.

Agree. Based on what they’ve shown us so far, I’m not going to take their words as absolutes, until shown otherwise tomorrow AM. :-)
Maybe I am just optimistic because I will be going tomorrow, but I believe Disney is still going to turn on the boarding groups before 8am. The vague verbiage allows for it and Disney has not followed what it has said any day thus far. Changing the official hours was nice, but I think Disney is just trying to limit crowds and capacity issues by discouraging non-resort guests from arriving super early in addition to telling resort guests that they may not even be able to queue up for 2+ hours.

I will just wait and see how it actually plays out!

DME will offer directions
When your boarding is called a link for directions is offered. I checked while my MB was being tapped prior to entering. The route offered had me exiting GE, walking around, entering GE by Toy Story then walking through GE. CM thought it was funny

Here's hoping, we're there in 2 weeks. The two weekends of data before we get there should give us an idea.
My concern is that while the procedure stabilizes, crowds pick up daily thru December and keep throwing a wrench in. Hope I'm wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter