RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, off site it is hard to get FoP, 7DMT, etc. FP+ but you still have the option to you to wait in standby if you are willing to
We're going onsite this week and it's only expected to be average crowds.
At 7am 60 days out we were unable to get FPs for FoP, SDD and 7DMT earlier than evening on Day 63 or morning Day 64. We're only there 4.5 days. This has become a real PITA for everyone, lol.

Point taken tho. At least you can get in line, rope drop or show up a minute before park close.

Interesting chart on EasyWDW showing the average time a group was called the first three days. You can definitely see the ride has been working better later in the day. Also they are way ahead of the average today. Sitting at 70 now at 12:20. The average has been 70 at about 4:30.

View attachment 457737
I have to wonder if they are running closer to true capacity today compared to the past few days

How long do you think this boarding group process will continue? We are going to be there Feb 8th and have almost no chance of making rope drop. We are getting off a cruise that day so bought single day tickets just to check out this ride but I'm guessing 10:00 AM is probably best case scenario for park entry time.

At 7am 60 days out we were unable to get FPs for FoP, SDD and 7DMT earlier than evening on Day 63 or morning Day 64. We're only there 4.5 days. This has become a real PITA for everyone, lol.

I feel you. It really makes me miss Disneyland’s system, and really appreciate the boarding group system for rise.

I think it would benefit everyone if Disney went to the boarding group system for the most in demand rides at each park. They wouldn’t all have to be boarding group only, but essentially replace prebooked FP for tier one rides with day of only and have them disconnected to the prebooked FP system. Prebook any 3 rides (no tiers) and then hold one active BG for the previous tier 1 rides.

At DHS: RotR, MF, Slinky

Epcot: Frozen, Guardians, Rat

MK: Tron, 7DMT, Peter Pan

AK: FoP, Navi, Safari

Most of these will have a more reliable throughput and they can ere on the side of caution and just open the line up to standby if they get through all groups early.

Point taken tho. At least you can get in line, rope drop or show up a minute before park close.

I hear you - we almost always stay off property and have done rope drop to get on 7DMT and did standby for SDD (got lucky and did it twice with about 35 min wait each time) ... just sort of know likely not having FP for those and plan around it - but yeah, can be a PITA

I feel you. It really makes me miss Disneyland’s system, and really appreciate the boarding group system for rise.

I think it would benefit everyone if Disney went to the boarding group system for the most in demand rides at each park. They wouldn’t all have to be boarding group only, but essentially replace prebooked FP for tier one rides with day of only and have them disconnected to the prebooked FP system. Prebook any 3 rides (no tiers) and then hold one active BG for the previous tier 1 rides.

At DHS: RotR, MF, Slinky

Epcot: Frozen, Guardians, Rat

MK: Tron, 7DMT, Peter Pan

AK: FoP, Navi, Safari

Most of these will have a more reliable throughput and they can ere on the side of caution and just open the line up to standby if they get through all groups early.
Even better? WDW could expand park hours 😉 I do like the idea of using BGs for more rides!

I'm curious if any 'rations' were handed out on RoR line yet today? Please post :D

According to ThrillData on Twitter it’s running really well today - best day so far.

We arrived at around 6:15 and there were two people in front of us as people had already been allowed through security. The back of the queue was by the ticket booths for us then.

What time were you in the park, and did you get a boarding group? How high?

this was referring to limiting the BGs during EMH and then releasing more after park opening.

I think things seem to be going well on a regular day but the EMH process needs work.

I realize that, but if there were a group of EMH guests they were wrapping up (say BGs 14-25) when VQ is opened up to everybody, it doesn't really impact anything. New people are getting, at the lowest, a BG of 26 and they see that they are currently boarding 14 - 22. Nobody booking a VQ spot has any idea that they are finishing up EMH guests - nor does it really matter even if they knew.

yeah, I am ok with "put a damper" on it - but with FP+ there is the option of standby if you are willing to wait. So yeah, off site it is hard to get FoP, 7DMT, etc. FP+ but you still have the option to you to wait in standby if you are willing to

To flat out say -" you are not able to ride ROTR at all, no shot at it, despite paying full price and despite showing up the same time or earlier as other people who will get on" I think is a bit different

Like I said, it’s not completely the same but they’ve toed the line before, if only temporarily until things are in working order like I imagine this VQ may be.

Just like there’s a difference between saying you cannot get a FP vs you cannot ride, I think there’s also a difference with saying you cannot ride as an offsite guest and you cannot ride as an offsite guest on Sundays.

I’m not necessarily for or against it, nor do I think Disney is definitely going to or definitely not going to do it, just discussing the various options for fixing the unpleasant method that was yesterday morning.

Like I said, it’s not completely the same but they’ve toed the line before, if only temporarily until things are in working order like I imagine this VQ may be.

Just like there’s a difference between saying you cannot get a FP vs you cannot ride, I think there’s also a difference with saying you cannot ride as an offsite guest and you cannot ride as an offsite guest on Sundays.

I’m not necessarily for or against it, nor do I think Disney is definitely going to or definitely not going to do it, just discussing the various options for fixing the unpleasant method that was yesterday morning.

I do 100% agree that what happened yesterday with the EMH and boarding groups was definitely not good and hope they fix that in the future - EMHs should be more of an advantage to on site guests- but think there is something in the middle of what happened yesterday and something that would completely shut out off site guests .... hopefully Disney learns from what happened and adjusts going forward

Thanks to everyone for all the information sharing, it has really helped me be able to develop a plan. I'm hoping that next Sunday plays out a little like last Sunday (or better for on-site guests) as I'm hoping to get a late afternoon boarding group. Thankfully, with EMH I can be confident that off-site guestswill not be flooding the park before 9:00am and that boarding pass distribution will not begin at some random time early in the morning (but sometime between 8:00am and 9:00am). I plan to get my whole party out of bed, Uber to the park just around 7:45am for EMH, ride a ride or two while constantly checking the app, get a boarding pass for late afternoon and then head back to the hotel for the morning and lunch. #fingerscrossed

I will also be getting to the park at 6:00am Friday but it will be just me as we have christmas party that night and my kids need to sleep in.

It certainly is interesting how DL Fastpass is essentially the BG methodology and we all like it over here on the west coast. The whole prebooking 30/60 days FP is wild but understandable for those with preplanned vacations wanting to guarantee something and gives the on-site people a clear advantage.

In times of mass interest, I like that they've gone the BG route -- just wish they tweak it a little more to avoid making the little ones get up early AM just to Tap in.

Edit: a REAL advantage for on-site
--Allow Tap in at the hotel. get BG# at hotel --- but who am I to argue with the Mouse's brass?

If the EMH for next Sunday don't change, we can get up Sunday at 7, go to the park (maybe Lyft if we can't get a bus quickly) for 7:30-8:00, tap in, grab a BG for sometime in the afternoon, and go back to the hotel for breakfast. Will be an expensive trip, but worth it. I don't need to be getting off the ride at 9am, I just need to get on the ride at all.

I have been keeping up on the way things have been going at the studios with what time the park is "supposed" to be open and when they are actually letting people in. So far today, Monday, the official opening time is 8am. Which means that the buses are supposed to be running an hour before opening. People have been arriving before 6am and have been admitted starting at approx. 630am. WHAT GIVES???? If there is no EMH today why are they admitting so early with most or all of the other rides up and running as well? How are you supposed to get in the VQ if you assume the park is not opening until 8 and you arrive say at 7am thinking you have plenty of time before opening and BAM! the VQ is out for the day?

If the EMH for next Sunday don't change, we can get up Sunday at 7, go to the park (maybe Lyft if we can't get a bus quickly) for 7:30-8:00, tap in, grab a BG for sometime in the afternoon, and go back to the hotel for breakfast. Will be an expensive trip, but worth it. I don't need to be getting off the ride at 9am, I just need to get on the ride at all.

That's our plan. I like not having to get the kids to the park at 6am so EMH will be great if they don't start releasing BGs until sometime after 8am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter