RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'worst' part about this whole setup is going to be explaining it to DW / the fam and getting their buy in. I've drug them to plenty of rope drops, EMMs, etc... but so far this is a whole different level.

Coming up with my 'pitch' for this is going to be a struggle.
Show them this:

685C4E65-99A2-4CEC-94F5-825D1307D50D.jpeg

5:56am EMH :rotfl:

In all seriousness, I told my family I wanted to go really early and was willing to do it by myself if they wanted to sleep. They were like isn’t that the really cool new ride, we want to get on too! It sold itself 👍🏻 Just don’t pick a Sunday

The 'worst' part about this whole setup is going to be explaining it to DW / the fam and getting their buy in. I've drug them to plenty of rope drops, EMMs, etc... but so far this is a whole different level.

My pitch:

DH, kids, I’m going to DHS ridiculously early with or without you guys. Every man for himself! 😂

What a minute. I was getting excited as 10 was approaching thinking finally almost time to watch some football and then reality hit me and realized I am on the east coast and there is no 10 football here. Now I have to kill 3 hours. Sorry for that off topic discussion. Now back to your regular scheduled program of What snack PolyRob will get next 😂

What a minute. I was getting excited as 10 was approaching thinking finally almost time to watch some football and then reality hit me and realized I am on the east coast and there is no 10 football here. Now I have to kill 3 hours. Sorry for that off topic discussion. Now back to your regular scheduled program of What snack PolyRob will get next 😂
CM with a trash bag said only one room left sooo I think I am close. Sadly no more snacks :rotfl2:

Just to veer off topic for a second.
Disney opening parks early is nothing new, they have done it for years now at AK to have access to Pandora, and at DHS for access to TSLand. If you are reading this post then you're ahead of the game, you are informed and can plan accordingly.
We have said to be at the park at least 2 hours before for a very long time, the VQ is a great way to allow guests to experience the attraction while freeing up valuable time to do other things, sure you have to be flexible, but that's with everything at DIsney. They never guarantee ANYTHING, everything is subject to change and they say so in their website.
Now for those that will and have chimed in about the poor people that didn't know, it is on the guest, not on Disney. Would you spend thousands of dollars to come and not research? Especially with a huge name like Star Wars attached to it?
Can Disney communicate better? Absolutely. Have they ever done so? not really, I always tell people that come to be in the parks at least an hour before opening because you never know. Disney makes decisions based on security, demand and guest experience, in that order, they will open at different times depending the amount of people outside the gates.
Lots of people have also said that they should've called this a soft opening because the attraction is not at 100%, I agree that there should be some mention to this at the entrance of the park and attraction, but then for how long? how long should they keep the soft opening? they have been testing this attraction for almost a year and obviously have not been able to figure out a way to fix whatever needs ficing. So keep it closed although it will work about 75% of the time? That's a decision on Disney management obviously, but I as well as many here have experienced it, and it would be a shame to keep this closed when the experience is so rewarding
To sum up, still being early and informed is your best strategy, and again, if you are reading this, you know this by now. Have fun, I have spoken and MTFBWY

Do you guys suppose these are about the same level of crowds in the morning to expect for Xmas week? Based on this data I’m pretty comfortable with arriving by 7am on non-EMH day, hoping that week doesn’t take it to a whole new level :-)
Christmas crowds will be worse with many more ppl in WDW. Check to see the days before.
This is what is most frustrating to me today. You could have been the first person in the park, be checking constantly, then go to the washroom or something, lol, and then get shut out or get a really late boarding pass.
I'd be glad to get a BG :D Nobody there missed getting a BG because they went to a restroom for 3 minutes. The ride just opened, it's not a good plan to have specific expectations so soon. Going in with flexibility is best. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

CM with a trash bag said only one room left sooo I think I am close. Sadly no more snacks :rotfl2:
My Husand and son went in the standby line at 9:36. People are coming out the exit.

My husband says he’s by a blue map, any idea how much further to go?

Do you guys suppose these are about the same level of crowds in the morning to expect for Xmas week? Based on this data I’m pretty comfortable with arriving by 7am on non-EMH day, hoping that week doesn’t take it to a whole new level :-)

That sounds like a plan if you are OK with an evening boarding pass, personally I'd arrive there no later than 6am Christmas week...

Though really I would arrive there at 4 - 4:30am.

My Husand and son went in the standby line at 9:36. People are coming out the exit.

My husband says he’s by a blue map, any idea how much further to go?
There’s actually more than 1 blue screen. I assume they’re at the first? I feel like I’ve seen 3 more distinct rooms since then. I got in line about 15 minutes before them.

The 'worst' part about this whole setup is going to be explaining it to DW / the fam and getting their buy in. I’ve drug them to plenty of rope drops, EMMs, etc... but so far this is a whole different level.

The answer is in your post!

(kidding of course)

At this point I bet the engineers can't wait until January when things will slow down so they can have some more down time to go over the ride.

Just to veer off topic for a second.
Disney opening parks early is nothing new, they have done it for years now at AK to have access to Pandora, and at DHS for access to TSLand. If you are reading this post then you're ahead of the game, you are informed and can plan accordingly.
We have said to be at the park at least 2 hours before for a very long time, the VQ is a great way to allow guests to experience the attraction while freeing up valuable time to do other things, sure you have to be flexible, but that's with everything at DIsney. They never guarantee ANYTHING, everything is subject to change and they say so in their website.
Now for those that will and have chimed in about the poor people that didn't know, it is on the guest, not on Disney. Would you spend thousands of dollars to come and not research? Especially with a huge name like Star Wars attached to it?
Can Disney communicate better? Absolutely. Have they ever done so? not really, I always tell people that come to be in the parks at least an hour before opening because you never know. Disney makes decisions based on security, demand and guest experience, in that order, they will open at different times depending the amount of people outside the gates.
Lots of people have also said that they should've called this a soft opening because the attraction is not at 100%, I agree that there should be some mention to this at the entrance of the park and attraction, but then for how long? how long should they keep the soft opening? they have been testing this attraction for almost a year and obviously have not been able to figure out a way to fix whatever needs ficing. So keep it closed although it will work about 75% of the time? That's a decision on Disney management obviously, but I as well as many here have experienced it, and it would be a shame to keep this closed when the experience is so rewarding
To sum up, still being early and informed is your best strategy, and again, if you are reading this, you know this by now. Have fun, I have spoken and MTFBWY

I get what you’re saying and I agree with the advice to always arrive early, especially for new things like this. I think the people who thought they could arrive at any time during the day and just deal with a line and became upset that the VQ was there and filled were crazy given the issues surrounding this attraction.

Some of it just feels like flat out lies on Disney’s part though. For example I think it’s terrible they flat out said the time they were going to open BG multiple times this morning and did it significantly earlier.

Those in the know know not to trust them, but at the same time I think it’s pretty bad that’s become accepted, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter