RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you, that’s good to know . Do you think it’s the best alternative to drive by yourself from Art of animation? A lot of people were saying busses are not a good option around that time frame.

I'm not there so only going from random reports here and there, but at the moment I'm not entirely trusting Disney transportation IF being there well before the park is opening (which has generally been around 6:30am) is your goal. So if you want to be there early to ensure you're among the first handful of Boarding Groups, seems like driving is a safer bet - you control your own destiny. If you're OK not being in that first wave, are OK getting a later Boarding Group, and are OK dealing with the variability of bus timing, then Disney transportation seems a reasonable plan. In my opinion.

Tuesday morning timeline:
Left The Fort: 6:20 am
Arrived HS: 6:40 am
Tapped in: 6:43
BG Pass: 6:46
Group Pass: 35
Currently loading thru: 23 at 7:43 am
Currently loading thru 31 at 8:31 am

8:25 BOARDING GROUPS CLOSED FOR DAY

Virtually no lines. Only 5 ahead of us at tap in.

Yeah! Will update when we get in!

There were only 5 ahead of you at the touchpoints and they still opened up that early? And you were only able to get 35? I’m confused. Did you arrive after they had released the masses?

If BG distribution is typically ending at 8:30am, how many minutes prior are people getting Boarding Groups that won't actually make it onto the ride? Trying to figure out the latest reasonable time to arrive with my family (taking into account the line to wait to enter) and still expect to get a BG that actually gets called at some point.

I'm not there so only going from random reports here and there, but at the moment I'm not entirely trusting Disney transportation IF being there well before the park is opening (which has generally been around 6:30am) is your goal. So if you want to be there early to ensure you're among the first handful of Boarding Groups, seems like driving is a safer bet - you control your own destiny. If you're OK not being in that first wave, are OK getting a later Boarding Group, and are OK dealing with the variability of bus timing, then Disney transportation seems a reasonable plan. In my opinion.
Thank you for your help. I think I will be driving then. I hope it works out well.

If BG distribution is typically ending at 8:30am, how many minutes prior are people getting Boarding Groups that won't actually make it onto the ride? Trying to figure out the latest reasonable time to arrive with my family and still expect to get a BG that allows us on at some point.

After the first couple days, they are getting all BGs on the ride more often than not.

Can confirm still no bus times listed for Hollywood Studios from Art of Animation. Just times for Magic Kingdom and now Animal Kingdom. Now definitely thinking of trying to take Lyft tomorrow morning.

A CM at Beach Club mentioned yesterday that Disney works with Lyft. That is who we used and they got us there in less than 15 minutes.

If BG distribution is typically ending at 8:30am, how many minutes prior are people getting Boarding Groups that won't actually make it onto the ride? Trying to figure out the latest reasonable time to arrive with my family (taking into account the line to wait to enter) and still expect to get a BG that actually gets called at some point.
It also depends on whether the ride breaks down and for how long.

We've been stopped in line for quite some time. Entered the queue for the ride at about 08:40 and have already been through the first blue screen area.....I'm sure the ride is down as it's already 09:30. At what point do they announce the ride is down and you have to evacuate?

It also depends on whether the ride breaks down and for how long.
Right. I assume Disney is accounting for that in the issuance of Boarding Groups (outside of a more catastrophic-like failure) but I haven't read if lately if people have had BGs that weren't called. Also curious how long it has been taking to enter the park if arriving at 7:45am.

Right. I assume Disney is accounting for that in the issuance of Boarding Groups (outside of a more catastrophic-like failure) but I haven't read if lately if people have had BGs that weren't called. Also curious how long it has been taking to enter the park if arriving at 7:45am.
once all the tapstiles are open it takes less than 5 minutes to enter, after the initial rush of people enter the park, so by 7:45am you should be able to just walk in without too much of a wait

We've been stopped in line for quite some time. Entered the queue for the ride at about 08:40 and have already been through the first blue screen area.....I'm sure the ride is down as it's already 09:30. At what point do they announce the ride is down and you have to evacuate?

They have not been evacuating people the last couple of days but rather keeping them in line. I wonder if they evacuate if the stoppage is caused by overheating.

We are planning to be there this Sunday to take advantage of the EMH. We'll get there earlier than the posted EMH opening, figuring that they'll open early again. If they do open early, will it likely be only to on-site guests? Or will they open it to anybody waiting, so on-site guests won't really have an advantage? Just trying to figure out HOW early to arrive. Thanks!

Are we certain the BG system actually validates that the wristbands have tapped into the park, or is it possible that the geofencing is just validating that the bands are deeper into the park than the entrance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter