RotR ILL$ purchase experience at 7am - post your times

That's what it sounds like. I don't know for sure how that'll work out as I haven't had a chance to buy yet, but based on that, I'd probably shoot for 1pm hour as after 2pm, the people not doing DHS as the first park can select those times.

Thank you! Great advice…also gives us a ride during a busy part of the day.

On another thread this morning, someone said they clicked 9:40 return time and at checkout, they were told their time was no longer available and they had to go back to the beginning, but by that time, nothing else was available for them, so they weren't able to buy. Not sure if they got SDD first, or what not, just that they missed out on reserving because the initial time slot wasnt available. Sounds like the time isn't locked in until you successfully check out.

That isn’t how I worked when I bought ROTR last week.

I did get SDD first so when I got to ROTR the earliest times were gone. So, I picked a time for the afternoon that worked with our plans and what it offered was something about an hour later than that, but it didn’t send me back to the beginning of the process. I accepted the later time and I think what it gave me to confirm was still a little later. I ended up with 6-7 PM, which was fine because we planned to see the Christmas lights and TOT projections that night.

Since it seems these are going in minutes, is there a way to prepare to buy it, like set the group of people in your party like in a boarding group or are we back to fast fingers. Also when do you know you have a time reserved (does it hold one for you as you check out or do you have to be fast with that as well).

Fast, accurate fingers always help.

As a default the system will show everyone in your party who has a DHS reservation that day. If there is someone in the group who doesn’t want to ride ROTR you will have to unselect them.

Because I was just trying to get through the process, I’m not sure when the time is locked in. But, it didn’t seem final until I clicked on the button to confirm the purchase and received the message that the reservation was confirmed.

That isn’t how I worked when I bought ROTR last week.

I did get SDD first so when I got to ROTR the earliest times were gone. So, I picked a time for the afternoon that worked with our plans and what it offered was something about an hour later than that, but it didn’t send me back to the beginning of the process. I accepted the later time and I think what it gave me to confirm was still a little later. I ended up with 6-7 PM, which was fine because we planned to see the Christmas lights and TOT projections that night.
Yeah I'm not sure what happened. Maybe they were so slow, all times were gone by the time they were at checkout 🤷‍♂️

Reading thru this thread, I realize it's been said 1,000 times over but it's just stunning this is what Disney has chosen to do. Not surprising in the least that they are removing value and adding profit, but that they chose THIS specific system- when they already have arguably a much better solution in place at Disneyland, and they unquestionably have a better implementation from the competition down the road at Universal.

I've got a trip coming up in February. I shudder to think how anyone that isn't somewhat technical, willing to learn the app ahead of time, and do it every day could begin to emulate touring the parks in a FastPass fashion. The idea of trying to get a ride at 7am and getting email code after code from a garbage IT implementation will boil my blood.

Last edited:
W he n I booked Rise this morning I was tapping through so quickly I didn’t stop to screen shot. However, something caught my eye. So when I went back to book MMRR I was more careful and I grabbed this shot. Notice the “items held for 10 min” line at the top. That was on the payment selection screen (3rd page) I believe. First screen: pick an hour and a time and party, next screen you review your time, and then payment screen. I don’t remember if the hold for 10 min message was on the 2nd screen or not as I was kinda hurrying since my time changed from my selected time and I wasn’t sure if it could still change. However, it looks like once u move forward to payment u might have 10 minutes, like you would buying theater or concert tickets online. Supposedly. At least according to the app. At least for today.

Also, I luckily didn’t have any issues with it kicking me out this morning. We are on our Verizon data network, at wilderness lodge. I was able to get Rise, DH got us MFSR and then I went back and got MMRR after I saw his time. I’m not thrilled about paying for all this but at least I “know” we will have things we can do today and I can relax a bit and enjoy the holiday. I would not normally buy MMRR. And FWIW, SDD popped up a few times around 7:24 with various times so don’t give up hope if it’s gone right at 7. Keep refreshing for a bit.

Attachments

• 4DC1CB8D-087A-449D-B037-00B346D489AC.jpeg
    4DC1CB8D-087A-449D-B037-00B346D489AC.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 70
W he n I booked Rise this morning I was tapping through so quickly I didn’t stop to screen shot. However, something caught my eye. So when I went back to book MMRR I was more careful and I grabbed this shot. Notice the “items held for 10 min” line at the top. That was on the payment selection screen (3rd page) I believe. First screen: pick an hour and a time and party, next screen you review your time, and then payment screen. I don’t remember if the hold for 10 min message was on the 2nd screen or not as I was kinda hurrying since my time changed from my selected time and I wasn’t sure if it could still change. However, it looks like once u move forward to payment u might have 10 minutes, like you would buying theater or concert tickets online. Supposedly. At least according to the app. At least for today.

Also, I luckily didn’t have any issues with it kicking me out this morning. We are on our Verizon data network, at wilderness lodge. I was able to get Rise, DH got us MFSR and then I went back and got MMRR after I saw his time. I’m not thrilled about paying for all this but at least I “know” we will have things we can do today and I can relax a bit and enjoy the holiday. I would not normally buy MMRR. And FWIW, SDD popped up a few times around 7:24 with various times so don’t give up hope if it’s gone right at 7. Keep refreshing for a bit.

Very interesting. This could possibly explain why I was seeing a sudden resurgence of early times for SDD at about 7:10, which I hypothesized as possibly a second drop: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2nd-drop-of-sdd-ll.3858403/

Except that SDD isn't an ILL$, so there wouldn't be a payment page with a 10-minute hold.

But I can see that an ILL$ attraction (like Rise) might suddenly have earlier availability after 7:10 if some folks booked at 7:00 but were not able to complete their payment within 10 minutes.

EDITED TO ADD: Come to think of it, maybe there are folks at 7am who try to book a Genie+ LL, who haven't already paid their $15 so their selection is also put on hold for 10 minutes so they can pay. If so, that could mean that 7:10+ is your second chance for an LL (Genie+ or ILL$) if you struck out at 7:00.

Last edited:

Very interesting. This could possibly explain why I was seeing a sudden resurgence of early times for SDD at about 7:10, which I hypothesized as possibly a second drop: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2nd-drop-of-sdd-ll.3858403/

Except that SDD isn't an ILL$, so there wouldn't be a payment page with a 10-minute hold.

But I can see that an ILL$ attraction (like Rise) might suddenly have earlier availability after 7:10 if some folks booked at 7:00 but were not able to complete their payment within 10 minutes.

EDITED TO ADD: Come to think of it, maybe there are folks at 7am who try to book a Genie+ LL, who haven't already paid their $15 so their selection is also put on hold for 10 minutes so they can pay. If so, that could mean that 7:10+ is your second chance for an LL (Genie+ or ILL$) if you struck out at 7:00.

This is very consistent with return times on Thrill Data. Almost across the board there seems to be a significant "renewal" of earlier times at around 7:10.

Fast, accurate fingers always help.

As a default the system will show everyone in your party who has a DHS reservation that day. If there is someone in the group who doesn’t want to ride ROTR you will have to unselect them.

Because I was just trying to get through the process, I’m not sure when the time is locked in. But, it didn’t seem final until I clicked on the button to confirm the purchase and received the message that the reservation was confirmed.
It’s locked and kept at least until you confirm. Buying Rise this morning, we got 9:05, but it wanted a passcode. The email took “forever” to arrive and load. We kept the same time.

Can you tell me where you see the option to “edit selections”?
In MDE on the Disney Genie Service section, click on the "My Day" tab and select a calendar date. When I did this, the first day of my upcoming stay was selected automatically. Go through the setup process. The app walks you through about 4 steps to customize your Genie recommendations. I only selected rides for that day and skipped the step with entertainment, characters, etc preferences. Once completed, I went back to the Tip Board tab, now there is an "Edit Selections" option.

In MDE on the Disney Genie Service section, click on the "My Day" tab and select a calendar date. When I did this, the first day of my upcoming stay was selected automatically. Go through the setup process. The app walks you through about 4 steps to customize your Genie recommendations. I only selected rides for that day and skipped the step with entertainment, characters, etc preferences. Once completed, I went back to the Tip Board tab, now there is an "Edit Selections" option.
I found, if you only select the ride you are going for in the morning during the 7am cluster, it will show right at the top when it's time to book. No need to scroll. Once you get a time, you can then go back and "edit" to add the other rides you will be looking for throughout the day.

From reading through here it looks like all the Paid LL for Rise is gone within the first few minutes after 7am. Has anyone off site been able to get a paid one at 9am?

From reading through here it looks like all the Paid LL for Rise is gone within the first few minutes after 7am. Has anyone off site been able to get a paid one at 9am?
I can't imagine anything would be available at 9am....except on the slowest of days.

Using Slinky as the example, open the Tip Board and, if necessary, click on “Change Park” and select DHS.

Under the tab “Experiences” is the option to Customize the Tip Board with a small note “Edit Selections”.

Click on that and scroll down the attractions and check Slinky Dog Dash.

Then click Save and when it returns to the Tip Board Slinky should be at the top of your list under “My Top Picks”.

Hope this works for you.

I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a little while but can't find a tab under experiences to select Top Picks. Is this on the app? On the website? Only on iPhone? Or am I just missing something obvious on my android app?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter