• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROTR Help Please

JeannieNM

DIS Veteran
My DD and I are going to the parks on November 3. We won't arrive until about 2 pm. There is no option to come earlier. We would like to ride ROTR, is there any option to do this? We won't be able to do the VQ because we won't be in the park at 1.
Thanks for the help.

My DD and I are going to the parks on November 3. We won't arrive until about 2 pm. There is no option to come earlier. We would like to ride ROTR, is there any option to do this? We won't be able to do the VQ because we won't be in the park at 1.
Thanks for the help.
I have not had the experience of making VQ with the reopening of the parks..
But I was under the impression that at 7am on your reservation day where ever you were (scanned in or not) you could try on the app for a VQ. Wouldn't it be the same at noon too?

I'd try for a boarding group at the 7am drop - this time just requires a ticket and park pass reservation - and just go straight to the ride when you get there. They probably won't say anything, but if they do, just say you had something come up and this is the earliest you could get there.

When we went in August, our boarding group was called at 11am and we didn't go back until 7pm. They didn't say anything, just scanned our pass and let us through.

Thanks for the help.
If you are not stuck on a plane or something at 7 AM. Try for the first VQ. If you miss it, try again at Noon.

If your Boarding Group is before your arrival, just go to the entrance and nicely plead your case. Explain you are one-day visitor, etc

You should be fine. We had a similar experience last week. Showed up 5 hours late and they didn’t say anything.

I'd try for a boarding group at the 7am drop - this time just requires a ticket and park pass reservation - and just go straight to the ride when you get there. They probably won't say anything, but if they do, just say you had something come up and this is the earliest you could get there.

When we went in August, our boarding group was called at 11am and we didn't go back until 7pm. They didn't say anything, just scanned our pass and let us through.

Will this still work if park reservation is beginning at DCA?

You don’t have to be in the park for the 7AM. That’s the only way we get on since we usually don’t get to the parks until around 1.

They also don’t really care that you come in after your window. Try not to abuse that though or they might start caring. We usually grab a group in the morning and then go straight there when we get to the park.

Noon groups require you to be in the park unfortunately so it’s 7AM or bust for you.

Yeah, it's only the noon drop that lets you choose either, but you have to have entered a park and not currently holding another boarding pass.

7am drop you have to select the ride in the park corresponding to the park pass reservation

If I got a reservation for WS at 7 when DCA is my starting park, but cancel it before noon, can I try for ROR if I am then in the park?

If I got a reservation for WS at 7 when DCA is my starting park, but cancel it before noon, can I try for ROR if I am then in the park?
Correct, except you don't have to have park hopped to try for RotR, you just have to have entered your starting park (I think this is what you were asking, but wanted to be clear), but you do have to have a park hopper ticket.

When trying for a boarding group at noon for the opposite park you're starting in, it can work a few different ways.

1. If you get a boarding group at 7 in your starting park and ride before noon, you can get a boarding group at noon in the opposite park.

2. If you get a boarding group at 7 and don't ride before noon and would rather try for the ride in the other park, you can cancel your boarding group before noon.

3. If you don't get a boarding group at 7am, you can try for a boarding group in either park, but not both.

Last edited:
Correct, except you don't have to have park hopped to try for RotR, you just have to have entered your starting park (I think this is what you were asking, but wanted to be clear), but you do have to have a park hopper ticket.

When trying for a boarding group for the opposite park you're starting in, it can work a few different ways.

1. If you get a boarding group at 7 in your starting park and ride before noon, you can get a boarding group at noon in the opposite park.

2. If you get a boarding group at 7 and don't ride before noon and would rather try for the ride in the other park, you can cancel your boarding group before noon.

3. If you don't get a boarding group at 7am, you can try for a boarding group in either park, but not both.

SUPER helpful. Thank you!

You don’t have to be in the park for the 7AM. That’s the only way we get on since we usually don’t get to the parks until around 1.

They also don’t really care that you come in after your window. Try not to abuse that though or they might start caring. We usually grab a group in the morning and then go straight there when we get to the park.

Noon groups require you to be in the park unfortunately so it’s 7AM or bust for you.
Was coming to say exactly this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter