RotR at Park Closing?

DizFan13

DIS Veteran
Hello all. Does anyone have experience with joining the RotR standby line just before closing time? I have experience doing that with FoP and Mine Carts, but not with RotR. My niece is currently in WDW, and she has not been able to secure an ILL for the ride and only has one park pass booked for DHS left, on her last day.

The park closes at 9:00 and she has an ADR for Olga's at 9:55 tonight, and I'm wondering if she'd be able to make that reservation if she joined the RotR line at 8:45 or 8:50?

It's hard to say. We were there last month and got in line at 8:57pm. We waited about 35 minutes before we got to the transport ship. From there experiencing the full ride and exiting was probably another 20 minutes. I personally wouldn't want to feel stressed out about potentially missing the Olga's reservation and therefore not enjoying the ROTR experience.

If she does want to ride it I wouldn't wait til that close to the end to get in line. Give yourself a little more space just in case. Just the actual ride once it starts is 20 minutes if it doesn't get held up.

I haven't had the chance to try that for ROTR, but that's a strategy that has worked for every other headliner I have tried. It's a go-to strategy that has always yielded much lower wait times. So I would tell her to try it.

As for her reservation, I'm not sure if she would make it.

Oga's stays open after close? Can you walk around liesurely in your way out or do they block things off and chase you out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter